Alessandro Matri (11 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012

Juventus faith key to Matri
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Matri says he will happily remain at Juventus despite the fact he isn’t guaranteed a starting shirt.

The 28-year-old has only been used in 16 League games this term and just seven of those have come from the start.

“It’s clear that I want to play in every game, but I’ve always felt like the club have backed me, that they have always been close to me,” he told Tuttosport.

“That’s a nice thing for players who are not used all of the time.

“When I’ve been called into action I’ve been ready and the side hasn’t missed who I have replaced.”

Matri, who has netted six League goals and two Champions League goals this term, is expected to be of interest to a number of outfits at the end of the campaign.

“If I am made to feel like an important player then I would prefer to stay at Juventus, rather than join another club who could perhaps offer me more playing time,” he added. “But I have to feel important here.

“If the time comes where you start to lose faith then it is better to change clubs. Yet that moment hasn’t arrived yet. If it does then it will be me who asks to leave.”

Forza Matri

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Without Matri's part, it would have been super lame.

If they really had to do this though, they should have included Simone Pepe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)