Alessandro Matri (10 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Matri is a good all around forward, imo he was never meant to be a clear finisher, he has many qualities off the ball and with it and we are wasting those talents if we use him as the isolated spearhead.
The fact that he is not as prolific as some hoped him to be should not surprise anyone.
Even if you didnt notice his carrier ratio, i was here to remind you that.

He should be paired with a clear finisher, he would provide him with a support our wingers cant and if the finisher gathers the opposition players on him, Matri could strike.
Vucinic was a mistake, as he is not prolific enough, neither is Boriello imo.

If we buy another forward, he should be better a more prolific than Matri, proven finisher...

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don't understand why some people doesn't want Borriello to play at all.

He is here now, we are paying his wages. Let's give him a chance if Matri continues to waste chances.
Exactly. People are so quick to judge, the man hasn't even been given a proper chance. Look at how Barzagli worked out, for example. You never know.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
^ dude that's like saying we can forget every Bonucci fuckup as long as we keep winning.
You've got a much higher chance of losing with your defenders off form than when your forwards are.

Matri would be much better with someone in support a bit closer to him. He links up very well like he did with Marrone.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The only thing Matri is good at is scoring goals, when he fails to do that he's pretty much useless. He doesn't really create nor holds on to the ball. Considering we do have options on the bench, if he continues to miss and not score, we might as well try someone else.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
You've got a much higher chance of losing with your defenders off form than when your forwards are.

Matri would be much better with someone in support a bit closer to him. He links up very well like he did with Marrone.
the point is, you cannot overlook poor performance just because the team is doing well.

especially as we have not taken all 3 points in so many matches because of our atrocious finishing.

pati78

Jun 3, 2011
I wish we sell Matri, I am sorry to say this but becuase of him we have lost so many points, defo he doesn't fit.

He may not be at his best but even when he was at his best he didn't impresssss.

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
I guess it will be better to sub Pepe with more creative player than try to put Matri on the bench. The question is...who could be bought easily... new CF or winger ?

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Matri may not be the best finisher but his movement is among the best. He gets into good scoring positions often if the service is good. Heck he created one chance himself just by hassling the defender for the past two matches.

Aug 1, 2003
I have to agree, he's not the most clinical of finishers but his movement is good. I do not mind giving chances to our other mass of talents on the bench, but feel if he is provided with better support (ehem pepe) he would rake in more goals definitely

pati78

Jun 3, 2011
You probably understand football better than the rest of us.

Good for you. :tup:
I was very happy when we got Matri, but really he is missing a lot, if you go back to previuos matches and against Cagliari in particular, I think that he doesn't deserve to be in the starting list. This is my opinion, I might not understand football Buck but still I have a right to express my self.
Keep on Buck

FORZA JUVE
Bianconero 4ever

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I was very happy when we got Matri, but really he is missing a lot, if you go back to previuos matches and against Cagliari in particular, I think that he doesn't deserve to be in the starting list. This is my opinion, I might not understand football Buck but still I have a right to express my self.
Keep on Buck

FORZA JUVE
Bianconero 4ever
You don't have to explain yourself to him, mate. It's not the first time that this "Buck Fuddy" member has been proving wrong on a football related debate. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)