Alessandro Matri (26 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What happened in 78?
A Peruvian senator came forward claiming Argentina made a deal with Peru to fix their last match so Argentina could progress instead of Brazil. Argentina needed minimum 4-0 win to progress and they won 6-0.

A story has been growing over the last week or so about match fixing at the 1978 World Cup and how Argentina progressed with a convenient win over Peru.

That World Cup had two group phases and in the second Argentina needed to win by four goals over Peru to advance at the expense of Brazil.

Peruvian Senator Genaro Ledesma has said that the result was agreed between the dictatorships of both countries before the match started and was part of an agreement sending 13 Peruvian dissidents to Argentina where they were tortured.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
A Peruvian senator came forward claiming Argentina made a deal with Peru to fix their last match so Argentina could progress instead of Brazil. Argentina needed minimum 4-0 win to progress and they won 6-0.
Holy shit!!! Gols for prisoners!! That's so foul!!!!!!!! My God!! @X I'm disappoint in Argie football, so dissapoint

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Holy shit!!! Gols for prisoners!! That's so foul!!!!!!!! My God!! @X I'm disappoint in Argie football, so dissapoint
In 90' Brazil's left back Branco was given a bottle of water containing tranquiliser. The coach later confirmed as well. And Maradona even jokes about that.

There's a reason we call them "rats". Argentine in Football are as dirty as one can be.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Wow, that's pretty bad.

And to everyone complaining against Qatar, Argentina & Chile back then was at least as bad. Not saying the protests are unjustified, but it's been part of the system ever since Italy under Mussolini 1934 at least.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wow, that's pretty bad.

And to everyone complaining against Qatar, Argentina & Chile back then was at least as bad. Not saying the protests are unjustified, but it's been part of the system ever since Italy under Mussolini 1934 at least.
:agree:

The right-wing military dictatorships in those countries at the time... Torturing and executing civilian dissidents... Operation Condor and "the disappeared"... Tragic and disturbing era.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
But when it comes to the WC, everyone has dirt under their rugs. Italy's titles in the 30's were thanks to Mussolini. Germany and Hungary in 54', They disallowed Puskas goal.

Same with Brazil in 62', this time we were actually helped. The referee turned the blind eye to a clear penalty to spain and then disallowed Puskas (now playing for them) bycicle kick goal. Like i said, people eventually forget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)