Alessandro Matri (33 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
He's not featuring for the NT because he's not better than Osvaldo and virtually unknown to Prandelli. He's 29, maybe he got 2 or 3 years left on his best level, much better strikers than Matri declined early in their 30ties. 26 or 29 is a big difference for any player, but especially for strikers.
Osvaldo yes, and Gilardino,Pazzini,Balotelli,Giovinco,Di Natale,El Sharrawy,Rossi,Cassano have I missed someone? Probably Destro, Insigne to. All players Prandelli picks before Matri, Rossi and Cassano have had some injury problems, but im sure they will get their chance if they are injury free and can play with their clubs. Matri is not top 10 strikers in Italian national team but is Juventus calibre :D.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We never needed a 7-10goals/season forward.
I was against this transfer because he wasnt prolific enough.
But there were no other Italian options available and we had to settle for him, despite not being what we needed.
We should only settle, if he was coming at a decent price, otherwise we should have looked abroad.
But because of the ItalJuve project, we were only signing players with NT caps and thas the only reason to sign MAtri and Toni and more...

Completely unproven and not what we needed should have come in a swap deal plus some cash.
Paying 15.5 mil in cash, on top of giving a player as well, was way out of line.
What Matri did in his carrier to worth that much? When Milan got Cassano nearly for free and Fiorentina fot Rossi for 10mil?
The ammount we have spent on him was never justified.
I was very critic about it and thats why i insisted with my ItalJuve fail avatar for more than a year.
Many more such disaster followed and after our consecutive failures, we now have to suffer extra loses, from those past mistakes.

Ok we did overpaid, it is now more obvious than even, because no one who give that ammount, as we did.
But MAtri is not finished, he is still young to play at least 5 years in serie A level.
And has an extra advantgae he didnt have back then, he is now a champion, he was unproven when we got him, a wild bet, it was unsure if he would perform in a big club like Juve.
When a players proves his worthy in a higher level, he ussually doesnt lose value, on the contrary!
Matri did proved himself and he was fine overall, just not what we need tactically. It was a mistake to sign for that role, but this does not means that he is a bad player.

HOnestly, my respect for him has grown since we got him, i wouldnt mind keeping him if that means that we wont lose anyore time and resources with supporting strikers.
But our priority in my opinion still stands on the finishing department, ever since we were getting Amauri, for similar reasons, i insist on the same argument.
We need smth else that we do have, but we should not underrate our players who were never meant to be used as such.
It is not MAtri's fault that he is not a prolific finisher, he never was and it was our mistake to sign him as such.
But we should not consider him kak, just because he is not what he need, he is a good forward who can help a team of our level, in many other ways.
Some other teams may have a need for such a player.
And we are not the only team with nationalistic fans.
I believe we could have negotiated a better price if Conte was using him more, at this point, it is not a good moment to sell and i would settle with that 12mil, considering Marotta's limited negotiation skills, the misuse of the player, the current financial situation in Italy, if ti were to come from an Italian club.
Better a suitor from EPL, who could offer a salary above the player's demand could easily afford more for a player of MAtri's caliber, if we did it with Giaccherini, we can sure repeat it with Matri.
:dazed:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Laudisa mentions that Matri is open to join nipples soccer. He adds that they'll soon talk about the contract and Juve is ok with this.

so I guess if we look at the worst case scenario is that they don't give him what he wants. I guess they also found an agreement with Juve for his price tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)