Alessandro Matri (14 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Only if we are to acquire another CF with that money.
:tup: My thoughts exactly.

Vucinic to Tottenham for 15 Million, and Matri to Roma/Milan for 12? :boh:

Higuain, JoJo, and Llorente :D :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

I know a lot of people are "claiming" that Vucinic won't be sold cuz he's JoJo's idol and would help him settle in, but at the end of the day footballers are professionals (most of them anyway), and will look out for their own interest, regardless of who they are playing with.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

I know a lot of people are "claiming" that Vucinic won't be sold cuz he's JoJo's idol and would help him settle in, but at the end of the day footballers are professionals (most of them anyway), and will look out for their own interest, regardless of who they are playing with.
We're not getting Higuain and Jovetic, even we'll sell those players.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

That's never gonna happen though :D That's why I prefer to keep Matri, a player who can adequately replace Llorente when need be.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He'd happily stay here as a backup without creating any hassle to the coach. He knows his role here, and he doesn't ask a lot. To make things better, he always gives his all when called upon and is effective as well.
Yep, he knows his role and that's being a bench player. He doesn't complain or insult(Unlike a other player) his coaches for that. Hopefully he stays than that other player and Giovinco.

Nov 17, 2012
Higuain, Llorente, JoJo, and two of Vucinic/Quag/Gio is a mean strike force.
:agree:

With a proper LB/LWB and a vice Pirlo, we could go all the way in CL if things go our way. Not to say we will win it, but we can go as far as we did this year if not further. At present I only fear Bayern, whilst Madrid, Dortmund and to a lesser extend, Barcelona and Man U would also form strong opposition.

- - - Updated - - -

He has no chance of playing for Italy anyway, he knows his role here, bench CF who will get his chances when called upon. Quag and Gio (especially) should be the ones to $#@! off.
Matri over Quag? You honestly think so?

I don't think anyone truly hates him (well, maybe the Quag fanboys), but I honestly don't see him getting that many opportunities next season.
Now now then.. I don't dislike Matri, in fact I'm quite the fan; I was super impressed with the form he brought over from Cagliari and appreciative of his efforts in the dying days of the Del Neri era, his first year overall was very good. However, to this day I'm still bemused as to why Conte brought in Borriello and mysteriously benched Matri.. It seems he isn't the same striker since then, where comparatively Quag bounced back from serious injury, eased into playing some minutes at the end of last season and then after being thrown into the fray a few times this year, has managed to play some of the best football in his career (with exception to his Samp days possibly). I feel sad for Matri, there's a lot I like about him, his movement and positioning are very good, but he's lost that crisp and decisive finishing that he had in spades during the first year of his Juve career; it is as if he's diminished as a player ever since the Borriello effect.

Coming off the bench Matri is sadly the least effective in my mind. Quag is a great finisher with an eye for goal, whilst Gio has speed, skill and trickery that can stretch tired defences. I would keep Quag.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I like matri really. But if i have to choose between the 2, i would keep Quags and his incisive attitude when trying to aim for a goal.

Matri seems to have lost confidence since the borrielo saga.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
While it may not have been the most prolific season of the Lombardy-born striker’s career, Antonio Conte’s preferred policy of rotating his frontmen compels the chosen pairing to seize their opportunities whenever called upon.

And, statistically speaking, none have staked a more convincing claim for a permanent starting berth than Matri.

Boasting the best goals-to-minutes ratio of the entire side - one every 125 minutes – the 28-year-old has also demonstrated his accuracy when pulling the trigger, hitting the target with 55.6% of his overall 27 attempts on goal.

juventus.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
While it may not have been the most prolific season of the Lombardy-born striker’s career, Antonio Conte’s preferred policy of rotating his frontmen compels the chosen pairing to seize their opportunities whenever called upon.

And, statistically speaking, none have staked a more convincing claim for a permanent starting berth than Matri.

Boasting the best goals-to-minutes ratio of the entire side - one every 125 minutes – the 28-year-old has also demonstrated his accuracy when pulling the trigger, hitting the target with 55.6% of his overall 27 attempts on goal.

juventus.com
I'm sorry but he is not good enough, Quag has shown with much less game time he is far more of a threat than Matri will ever be. Do you remember Matri played 8-9 games at the start of the season and only had 1 goal which was a scuffed shot against Roma! He is very wasteful and offers nothing in defence if he is not getting service I would definitely think we should sell him if we get an offer of 9 million or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)