Alessandro Matri (76 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Every striker has droughts. Even Cavani went 8 matches without scoring this season. In Matri's defence (and this also will be in Quag's defence) is that our rotation-system hasn't really made it easy on him (or Quag) to find consistency. It has been a "either you score or I bench you" policy by Conte.

I can tell you one thing, though. Almost every single time when he was on the pitch, without scoring, he made it easier for his opponents to find the net - or to get clear-cut chances.
Vidal didn't need help. Maybe Matri is the reason behind his stellar season

- - - Updated - - -

:p

- - - Updated - - -

It was plural :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Please don't tell me you believe Vidal would do a better job as a striker than any of our strikers?

Please confirm that you don't believe this.
I don't know how the hell you keep coming up with these?

Like suddenly I used a bayern match argument?

- - - Updated - - -

When did I say he would be better as a striker?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't know how the hell you keep coming up with these?

Like suddenly I used a bayern match argument?

- - - Updated - - -

When did I say he would be better as a striker?
I really hate it when people put arguments in my mouth, just to make that clear. So if you feel that I've done that, my apologies.

But in my opinion, there were grounds for both statements, because 1) you intensified your activity in this thread post-Bayern and 2) when you say something like "Vidal didn't need help (meaning: to score all of those goals)", you are insinuating that he is a better goalscorer than Matri. And to me, the only way such an argument would be of any relevance, would be if you compared them as strikers. Because playing as a midfielder and a striker is so completely different.

- - - Updated - - -

To compare two players' attributes, they have to play in the same position.

- - - Updated - - -

To that, there is only this to say: Why doesn't Vidal play as a striker then? :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I really hate it when people put arguments in my mouth, just to make that clear. So if you feel that I've done that, my apologies.

But in my opinion, there were grounds for both statements, because 1) you intensified your activity in this thread post-Bayern and 2) when you say something like "Vidal didn't need help (meaning: to score all of those goals)", you are insinuating that he is a better goalscorer than Matri. And to me, the only way such an argument would be of any relevance, would be if you compared them as strikers. Because playing as a midfielder and a striker is so completely different.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

To that, there is only this to say: Why doesn't Vidal play as a striker then? :D
Jem I'd say I've been fairly active in this thread long before that game. :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Jem I'd say I've been fairly active in this thread long before that game. :D
Yes, yes you have, but this place went all silent for awhile. He was also receiving some praise. Against Bayern he couldn't cut it, we all saw that, but just because of that all of a sudden he's a "tree" and suddenly isn't even "worth the 18 millions we payed for him" or not even a "good player". I mean, what the fuck?

Show a little gratitude. The boy has done well. I'm not saying he's Cavani or Falcao, but he has done well for us and should get at least a minimum of respect.

He will be sold, but I find "good riddance!" type of posts very disrespectful and ungrateful.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why limit him to just up front? :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I have no problem with this, ID. The way I see it, there are good reasons to keep both, so... Which side you're on, that's perfectly fine. I'm not even gonna debate that at all.

I'm merely attacking Hustini's attitude towards a player who was decisive for us on many occasions. Yes, he's no Cavani or Falcao, but he has still been good for us. To bring his transfer fee from 2010 into the equation is fucking ridiculous, because he has more than made up for that sum. That's what I'm attacking here, not that people prefer Quag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)