Alessandro Matri (29 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
There were times where he could have scored, but none of them were clear enough chances where you would really say they were bad misses.
This for me is only a half truth. My problem with Matri is that he doesn't turn half-chances into chances because his touch and dribbling are poor.

The biggest case in point was in the second half when Vucinic put him through with one defender in pursuit. If he took a decent touch he would have been one on one with the keeper, but his touch took him three metres to the right and his only shooting angle was straight at the keeper.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Giovinco and Vucinic aren't finishers. Unlike the other two.

And Giovinco and Vucinic(When he actually wants to play) actually work their ass out. Unlike the other two.
I guess their assists don't count, then?

Apparently not.

- - - Updated - - -

This for me is only a half truth. My problem with Matri is that he doesn't turn half-chances into chances because his touch and dribbling are poor.
This.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The only thing on them is the build up play.
My point is, I love how people throw their efficiency numbers out when Mirko/Gio are carrying a lot of the burden in both scoring AND providing assists for the rest of the team, yet because 4 goals in 11 games is somehow worthy of 18 million dollars plus wages.

On top of that, they may be wasting a lot of chances but that COULD be because they don't have anyone worth the position in the starting lineup to pass to.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Matri wasn't that bad. In the first half he got zero services, whereas in the 2nd half he was better trying to even create for himself but he never got 1 on 1 or a real chance to score. Defensively he also worked his ass off.
from reading the past few pages it would seem like he assaulted Mama Agnelli.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Finally a real striker has signed.

Who knows, maybe the pressure of it being sorta a last stand between he and Quag might wake him up and get back to scoring :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Matri and Quag - 4 months to battle it out and save their Juve careers?
Don't you think one will be axed come summer?

Immobile?
Boyake?
Gabbi?
Maybe Lopez?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems financially better to make money off of one while we can bring a young one for 3rd fiddle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)