Alessandro Matri (7 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2878867 said:
now u try to insult me with ur fuckin stupid question ?
Lighten up, your right though it is a fucking stupid question. You didnt give a fucking stupid answer though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why judge now, does the season finish now? Why judge during a bad spell, is that the indication of a transfer campaign? Why is it people only want to judge when we are going through a shitty period that is only partly the fault of people at the club?
The only thing that can be good is if we finish 4th and sadly I think we have zero chances for that. If we do reach it I'll take my words back, but I won't since it's not gonna happen.

So we're not in a CL spot because of our transfer campaign? I would say there were several reasons, some that could not be compensated for. When we had our team complete with summer signings we were in the CL spots, so how is it the players? It's only come down to the players because we have no good depth. We have no good depth because we can't spread our money that thinly. You could swap Martinez - as the only transfer you can possibly categorize as resource-heavy and a failure - for two €5m-€6m players to play fullback for example but that guarantees no quality, no depth, and who would we have played up front when our other 17 forwards were not fit? We would have done the same again, gone into the market for a quick fix, and no good players are coming for anything but a rip off price in January, because no one wants to sell good players half way through the season.
So your reason would also be injuries. But you said we had a CL spot with fully fit squad. Then again not even 1/3 of the season hasn't passed in that period and we were 3pts separated from the 7th spot. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be there even with all players available. It's just a period of time when we were holding good and it's not like we reserved that spot by many points, not at all.

And that's the thing. We have no depth and it's our main excuse as well. We keep buying decent players to add the depth that we do need badly. But you do know that people told the same during Ranieri era? Yeah, we needed depth first, so THEN we'll go after quality players. And we're still in that place. Is it possible that we've been stagnating for 3 years? Because IMO it sure looks that way. Look at the list how many players we signed, how many players we sold. We buy 4 decent players, next season we sell 3 and buy 5. Then we terminate someones contract, sell 3 and buy one flop. Then we buy 2 flops and sell same for two times less money.
Now again we're in the same position, we buy for depth and eventually think how quality will arrive in summer. And you know what, quality will arrive in the summer, but fuck knows in which year. And again you say 2 players instead of Martinez, why? Why not one, why not just one fullback for 12mln? You're trying to make it sound not so bad because you really can't buy anything for 5-6mln nowadays, but for 12mln you very well can.

So let me ask you - when do you expect us to have a good depth, where we can add actually quality?

Let me repeat this again - THIS management did not pull strings right and we're on the edge of not seeing CL (not even on the edge, we won't see it for sure this season). It will be followed by a budget cut and getting stuck with too many players who are here on loan that was paid, players for who's wages we still pay. With that financial deficit we'll be forced to fight for the 3rd spot, not 4th, not 3rd spot. Only THAT will leave no excuses for this board because of this year. Shall we give them time and pray for miracle to happen? Because, judging by that we won't sign quality for at least 2-3 more years. Maybe we'll be forced to sell Buffon and some may think 'oh wow, we signed a good player' but at what price? By selling your own legend cause club made the wrong moves? Well... yeah. At this point question remains - how do you fight for 3rd spot, when you can't win 4th in the current year with more players available (those who are here from loan)?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Just to add though Martinez value isnt 12m. We overpaid and I doubt seriously doubt we can get the same amount or near, back to spend on fullback(s).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sure, agreed. He was overpaid and yet another reason why that move was awful. Overpay and play him out of position... just... bah

And yeah, when it comes to his sale we'll get his price cut at half because he's worth that much.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So we have established ourselves as a bad team because of an even smaller period of time? Not just injuries, I take into account everything that has happened and there is no escaping that mistakes have been made and will continue to be made, even Saint Moggi made them. He also had a huge foundation which he had built, over time, so he could afford to make them. I'm not comparing the two directly as that's stupid but Marotta and Delneri have to be spot on with every transfer and hope that things out of their control go well for us to finish high this season. So far that hasn't happened, as was never likely to, but the question is still whether we are going in the right direction with the overall plan for the team and club, not what happens in a few weeks on the field. It's a results business. Good results on the field - good job, bad results - bad job. It's not all in their control, which is the kicker.

Quality also needs adding, we can all agree here, but we need to get onto a solid footing and to have a strong aura and base about us before the really good players will join, that means CL and everything it brings. Then we go on. I'm sure you are familiar of the phrase 'don't run before you walk'. Well last season we were on the floor with a fractured leg, we need to end this season walking and then go further. Could be 18 months, but he'll never get that long, it's a vicious circle. It certainly wouldn't be in 6 months, won't be in 12. Those hoping we'll get a top coach and all the rest, I hope so too, but don't see many top coaches rushing to come here. And even then, look at Benitez. Look at Lippi at an Inter with similar mentality problems, imagine the furore if those guys had come in and failed, it would be monumental. Maybe we'll have to take that chance and hope, whilst keeping an eye on the finances.

It also wouldn't be a miracle at all for us to finish where we want to, it would take good performances and for players to play to their ability, other clubs have done a lot more with a lot less.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So we have established ourselves as a bad team because of an even smaller period of time? Not just injuries, I take into account everything that has happened and there is no escaping that mistakes have been made and will continue to be made, even Saint Moggi made them. He also had a huge foundation which he had built, over time, so he could afford to make them. I'm not comparing the two directly as that's stupid but Marotta and Delneri have to be spot on with every transfer and hope that things out of their control go well for us to finish high this season. So far that hasn't happened, as was never likely to, but the question is still whether we are going in the right direction with the overall plan for the team and club, not what happens in a few weeks on the field. It's a results business. Good results on the field - good job, bad results - bad job. It's not all in their control, which is the kicker.

Quality also needs adding, we can all agree here, but we need to get onto a solid footing and to have a strong aura and base about us before the really good players will join, that means CL and everything it brings. Then we go on. I'm sure you are familiar of the phrase 'don't run before you walk'. Well last season we were on the floor with a fractured leg, we need to end this season walking and then go further. Could be 18 months, but he'll never get that long, it's a vicious circle. It certainly wouldn't be in 6 months, won't be in 12. Those hoping we'll get a top coach and all the rest, I hope so too, but don't see many top coaches rushing to come here. And even then, look at Benitez. Look at Lippi at an Inter with similar mentality problems, imagine the furore if those guys had come in and failed, it would be monumental. Maybe we'll have to take that chance and hope, whilst keeping an eye on the finances.

It also wouldn't be a miracle at all for us to finish where we want to, it would take good performances and for players to play to their ability, other clubs have done a lot more with a lot less.
Great example and that's the deal. Before that fractured leg we were walking for 3 years ;)

You seem to ignore pre-Marotta boys and staff and watch only things since they arrived and take out positive things only judging by 6 months. But I look overall, after we returned to Serie A. It's just that the mistake our current staff has made will take long term consequences (if we fail to get a CL spot). Too early to say probably but you will see that yourself.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well Dusan I'm trying not to dwell too much on the past because really there is only so much we can do with that, it's relevant to our current situation in terms of what Marotta and Delneri can do but stops with the board. As I don't see the board changing their position I can't even begin to speculate.

I don't think we will reach the CL this season, personally. It seems a potentially endless spiral, as you say. At some point we might have to just offer a coach €8m a year (if we can) and hope he can convince better players to come and join his 'project'. It's always a project if you have not arrived where you want to.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Well Dusan I'm trying not to dwell too much on the past because really there is only so much we can do with that, it's relevant to our current situation in terms of what Marotta and Delneri can do but stops with the board. As I don't see the board changing their position I can't even begin to speculate.

I don't think we will reach the CL this season, personally. It seems a potentially endless spiral, as you say. At some point we might have to just offer a coach €8m a year (if we can) and hope he can convince better players to come and join his 'project'. It's always a project if you have not arrived where you want to.
:agree: we tend to do to much of that. Even I do

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Even 8 mil on a coach wont help unless if the people above him know how to do their jobs. All the negotiating, looking for players in advance etc and contacting them early before january if possible. So many things wrong, the system, players, injuries, corrupt systems. If things need to change they need to change at the top level. Constant changing of coaches and players wont make a difference.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Just to add though Martinez value isnt 12m. We overpaid and I doubt seriously doubt we can get the same amount or near, back to spend on fullback(s).
Just think, if we didn't buy Martinez and cut back on a couple of loans then we could have got Suarez.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Diego's transfer being idiotic isn't a fact, Diego being talented and unproductive is a fact.
It was also thought of as "fact" that the reason for our poor season last year was the system. Well, a year later we find ourselves using the beloved straight 4-4-2 and we aren't any better whatsoever. At the end of this season, I see Krasic becoming a scapegoat, perhaps not as much as Diego but similar criticism will appear. I just hope the board doesn't knee-jerk twice in a row.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Just think, if we didn't buy Martinez and cut back on a couple of loans then we could have got Suarez.
:agree:

We could have killed two birds with one stone. Send Grygera back to Ajax to bring down the asking fee for Suarez & have a top notch striker join the team.

It was also thought of as "fact" that the reason for our poor season last year was the system. Well, a year later we find ourselves using the beloved straight 4-4-2 and we aren't any better whatsoever. At the end of this season, I see Krasic becoming a scapegoat, perhaps not as much as Diego but similar criticism will appear. I just hope the board doesn't knee-jerk twice in a row.
:D

I don't think they'd have the balls to do that, the fans would go absolutely ballistic.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's also unlikely considering they purchased him, but you never know. None of these clowns like to admit their own mistakes either, while Marotta thinks he's the George Soros of football over there.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
He is non-eu so if we got him we wouldn't got Krasić. This rule will kill us.
That's irrelevant because we could have purchased Pazzini at the beginning of the season. I'm no fan of his but if Marotta was a real business man, he would have put in an offer & not worried about stepping on toes. Same with Cassano in the January window, why didn't we make a move? Ignore Cassano, get Toni.

Bianconero90

He had his first game, just 2 days after his transfer. He missed the first chance when he was alone in front of the GK because he was nervous I think, the second one in the 2nd half was so badluck, that foot just got in the way. If he had scored both, he would be our HERO today! And remember, even Krasic or Quagliarella didn't play well in their first game for us.

Having said that, I think he's a great player with potential and also yesterday he showed sometimes, that he can be a very useful player.

Forza Matri!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)