Alessandro Birindelli (1 Viewer)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Birindelli bows out

Saturday 10 May, 2008

Alessandro Birindelli prepares for his final Juventus home game and looks back over the Calciopoli scandal.

“This is my last month as a Juventus player,” commented the full-back on Juve Channel after 11 years with the Bianconeri.

“I arrived in Turin aged 22, had been married for 10 days and for me it was a whole new beginning. I grew up here, learned values like professionalism and love for the team colours.

“I became a man and matured. After such a long time there are not just football links with a club, but true friendships both on and off the field.”

Birindelli joined from Empoli in 1997 and was one of the key figures for the team, winning five Scudetti – although the 2005 and 2006 editions were stripped in the Calciopoli trial.

“The greatest sporting disappointment was losing the Champions League Final to Milan in Manchester, but on a personal level the most painful bitterness was seeing Juve demoted to Serie B. In one moment I saw all the sacrifices of the season disappear,” explained the 33-year-old.

“We know how we fought to win those two Scudetti and the opposition know it too. In fact, we proved that this year by beating them at San Siro.”

The 2006 title was assigned to Inter instead, a decision that has always rankled with the Juventus players.

They got ‘revenge’ this season by winning 2-1 in their Serie A clash at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

“I don’t know what my destiny will be now. I always said I’d like to return to Empoli, the club that launched me on the football stage.”

Channel4.com

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Nice interview by him on channel4.com as seen above, he's a classy guy and i enjoyed his comments. I wish him luck in all his future endeavours.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
i will mis u biri =(
u are my favorite player. . . because of ur heart and that goal vs depor xD
maybe im the only one( or the few ones ) who bought ur shirt, but for me u are big . . . almost like del pieroand nedved. . .i will miss ur passion in the field and the way u owned figo on 2003
gool luk and blessings
u are a true bianconero

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Grazie alessandro, you were and are a great player and have always been a loyal part of juve, thakyou for all the memories and i wish you all the best in the future!

GRANDE BIRI!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We could do with a 22 year old Birdinelli again right now for right back!!

Although he hasnt been an integral part of this team for a long time now, he is one of the players who played in a great era for the club.

Sad to see players as such retire.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
We could do with a 22 year old Birdinelli again right now for right back!!

Although he hasnt been an integral part of this team for a long time now, he is one of the players who played in a great era for the club.

Sad to see players as such retire.
he was part of the great back four.. biri-montero-ferrara-pessotto
the end of a great era indeed!

Oct 3, 2004
He's a true bianconero.

Having him and Pessotto on either WB positions - with Ferrara/Montero (then Thuram) locking the middle they formed an excellent defensive lineup for Juventus.

Grazie per tutti Alessandro Birindelli. You will be really be missed :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)