Aleksandar Kolarov - Lazio - LB (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
When they refer to players like Melberg being champions then we know what kind of standards we are used to in the transfer Market

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hate that word champions, that is a term the board has over used it so much and all we have are chumps.
Do you think we can attract players like Krasic playing in the Europa League instead of going to Milan and play in the Champions League for example?
Forget about the likes of Dzeko and Krasic, our 'champions' will be the likes of Nocerino
When they refer to players like Melberg being champions then we know what kind of standards we are used to in the transfer Market
It's all part of The Project.
Damn it, I leave for 4 mins to go take a shit and look how much I missed :wth:

We could sign Krasic, only if we get a deal settled quickly, like before the end of the season. We need to really start wheeling and dealing quickly otherwise the little bit of luster that our club still holds will be thrown out of the window. We need young superstars, no more elderly experience that only becomes another hole to patch in a year.

Luca, at least we aren't using the term "juve material".

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Damn it, I leave for 4 mins to go take a shit and look how much I missed :wth:

We could sign Krasic, only if we get a deal settled quickly, like before the end of the season. We need to really start wheeling and dealing quickly otherwise the little bit of luster that our club still holds will be thrown out of the window. We need young superstars, no more elderly experience that only becomes another hole to patch in a year.

Luca, at least we aren't using the term "juve material".
We can't sign krasic. Simply because
1. We can't compete financially with the other teams interested (city)
2. We are a unattractive prospect
3. Even if we move quick he knows there are better teams interested
4. Italian league sucks ass compared to the other 2 right now, even inter would struggle to get him.

We are simply in a bad situation, we play to finish top 4 or you can forget about superstars.
If I was a player with my sensible hat on I wouldn't touch Juve or the Italian league with a 10 foot bargepole.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We can't sign krasic. Simply because
1. We can't compete financially with the other teams interested (city)
2. We are a unattractive prospect
3. Even if we move quick he knows there are better teams interested
4. Italian league sucks ass compared to the other 2 right now, even inter would struggle to get him.

We are simply in a bad situation, we play to finish top 4 or you can forget about superstars.
If I was a player with my sensible hat on I wouldn't touch Juve or the Italian league with a 10 foot bargepole.
My attempted arguments in numerical order: :)D)
1.) That's why we attempt to strike a deal before City shits on our face
2.) Bring in a coach, like Hiddink. A name like his brings respect and assurance in a club. Players, especially young, would kill to have a coach like that.
3.) Well...its time Lapo opens up the Fiat account to transfer money. Anyone know how Fiat's stocks are doing these days?
4.) I think we are getting better considering how much in debt english/spanish teams are in, I would say from an economic long term standpoint, Italy looks a bit more stable regardless of which league is the best ATM.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I mean look. The entire football world sees Juventus and thinks of its history and past and glory days. This is nothing more than a giant hiccup and people know it. It's just a matter of our board finally making a right decision.

We have a new stadium on the way, and God knows when we get all players back from injury and we start clicking again we will be back. And that is a Hustini guarantee.

We still look exciting to young players, especially when you have young ones like Marchisio, Diego, Melo, Sissoko, Chiellini and players like Trez, DP, Buffon that kids would drool over to play with. We need to start playing good football again, regardless of coach and when we do players will want to come.

Think of the "project"....If you build it, they will come:D

And a new coach would probably benefit us more as well, obviously.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
My attempted arguments in numerical order: :)D)
1.) That's why we attempt to strike a deal before City shits on our face
2.) Bring in a coach, like Hiddink. A name like his brings respect and assurance in a club. Players, especially young, would kill to have a coach like that.
3.) Well...its time Lapo opens up the Fiat account to transfer money. Anyone know how Fiat's stocks are doing these days?
4.) I think we are getting better considering how much in debt english/spanish teams are in, I would say from an economic long term standpoint, Italy looks a bit more stable regardless of which league is the best ATM.
Riiiiight. So krasic is going to start considering future economical issues before he rejects a massive deal to play in the world best league?
And his club are going to accept a poultry offer from us in compartison to what city can offer?
Are you dreaming? There's no way we will get a war chest from the elkanns to compete with the might of the top teams, if we aren't giving in to hiddinks demands then what's going to change? That in turn answers question 2.

Stop thinking about young superstars like your playing football manager, what we need is experience and a very experienced manager like trappatoni to guide us out. Until then players like Krasic are a million miles out of our reach.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
First step: Get a world class coach.

Second step: Qualify for a Champions League spot and win a cup in the process (Europa League or Coppa Italia).

Third step: Think about signing "champions", "juve material" or "world class' players.

:D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Riiiiight. So krasic is going to start considering future economical issues before he rejects a massive deal to play in the world best league?
And his club are going to accept a poultry offer from us in compartison to what city can offer?
Are you dreaming? There's no way we will get a war chest from the elkanns to compete with the might of the top teams, if we aren't giving in to hiddinks demands then what's going to change? That in turn answers question 2.

Stop thinking about young superstars like your playing football manager, what we need is experience and a very experienced manager like trappatoni to guide us out. Until then players like Krasic are a million miles out of our reach.
So what we need is experience like Cannavaro or Grosso. Only to have to fill that hole in again next season? Come on. What kind of experience players then are you suggesting, Luca? It's easier to get young players that are talented than to pull a experienced player from another team.

When you buy an experienced player, not only are you going to pay more for that experience but with that comes higher wages. Yes, no, maybe?? It's not like Man City is going to win anything anytime soon and its not fair to say that Krasic or any young player is going to end up a gold digger. City has no history, just a rich owner. There is a huge difference there and its not fair to say that every player is going to go to an average team with a lot of money.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
So what we need is experience like Cannavaro or Grosso. Only to have to fill that hole in again next season? Come on. What kind of experience players then are you suggesting, Luca? It's easier to get young players that are talented than to pull a experienced player from another team.

When you buy an experienced player, not only are you going to pay more for that experience but with that comes higher wages. Yes, no, maybe?? It's not like Man City is going to win anything anytime soon and its not fair to say that Krasic or any young player is going to end up a gold digger. City has no history, just a rich owner. There is a huge difference there and its not fair to say that every player is going to go to an average team with a lot of money.
Get real, we have plenty, D.P, trez, Iaquinta, sissoko, camo, Buffon, chiellini, cannavaro. I think you are gravely misunderestimating experience, right now we need them far more and they need to be guided under an experienced hand.

I never said to buy exprienced players nor did I say that we should use crap like grosso. And I didn't say we should only play old players, I think we need to use giovinco. But as you are saying this is about buying a top quality young player, This is one that we have no chance of.

I think a player will want to go a club that's going somewhere and not living on former glories otherwise everybody would be going to Forest or Leeds type clubs.

You need to start looking at it in realility and not some fantasy FM world where youth wins all.
Well in answer to your question, we as of now are poorly average and Man City have pulling power because they have money and going places, we are a sitting duck that's ready to be shot out of water.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Get real, we have plenty, D.P, trez, Iaquinta, sissoko, camo, Buffon, chiellini, cannavaro. I think you are gravely misunderestimating experience, right now we need them far more and they need to be guided under an experienced hand.

I never said to buy exprienced players nor did I say that we should use crap like grosso. And I didn't say we should only play old players, I think we need to use giovinco. But as you are saying this is about buying a top quality young player, This is one that we have no chance of.

I think a player will want to go a club that's going somewhere and not living on former glories otherwise everybody would be going to Forest or Leeds type clubs.

You need to start looking at it in realility and not some fantasy FM world where youth wins all.
Well in answer to your question, we as of now are poorly average and Man City have pulling power because they have money and going places, we are a sitting duck that's ready to be shot out of water.
I don't think you are following me at all, Luca. You said we should be going after experienced players, correct? What experienced players are you suggesting? The ones you mentioned are on our team already. Two of which need replaced, possibly more. So you want to replaced experienced players with experienced players instead of building for a future? We aren't winning anything anytime soon dude, so instead of being a "sitting duck" as you call it each year by replacing experience with experience, why not begin with buying some young talent. The experienced players you say we have rarely play anymore and when they do we count on them for a game before getting injured again.

I am looking at it from reality. We aren't as wealthy as we used to be but we still have money. Granted not as much as City, but if I am a player wanted to win something some day I would take my chances with a club like Juventus rather than a mid-to mid high table team like City and "hope" to qualify for something outside of my own league. You are not making much sense and would hope that you clarify what you mean by experience. Because we all see what happened last summer by bringing "experience". I would like for you to quantify, if you can what that "experience" has brought us this season.

A team with Buffon, Chiellini, Trez, DP, Camo, IQ, Zebina, and Canna, for our aged experiences...7 of those 8 have spent lengthy times on our injured list this season. While our younger less "experienced" Marchisio, Sissoko, Melo, Caceres, and Diego have been producing. Dude, 7 of our oldest 8 experienced players have been far from regulars this year.

I don't know why you keep mentioning this FM fantasy theory but for teams that have been winning the champions league and leagues for the last years have blended nicely youth with experience. You can go on about finances all you want Luca, but there is plenty of youth talent out there, not just Krasic, that would add a huge spark to our team while your experienced players sit in the medical room all season. Not every youth talented player will want to go to City, and who is to say they will? Money talks to an extent, but what is more important? Winning or money? What places exactly is City going? They are fifth and that is about as high as they will go. UEFA cup here they go!!!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hypothetical for Luca: If...keyword here IF we had the money to buy krasic and Kjaer would you decline and opt for more experienced players given both agreed to move here?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Hustini, city are higher than us right? Well then.
Secondly I suggest you read the context of all of this again, I'm not suggesting we buy old players, I'm saying we need to use experience to get us out of this difficult situation, with the right manager they are more useful than youth, at this moment in time for the situation we are in. Not forever but just for now.
I said as of now Krasic would choose city over us and stop denying it because it's true. Money in the world of football is everything, teams don't get into the champions league because of prestige but because of the money
they use to buy quality players. Ok?
And of course I would take the players you mentioned, but that's not even in the context we are talking about.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini, city are higher than us right? Well then.
Secondly I suggest you read the context of all of this again, I'm not suggesting we buy old players, I'm saying we need to use experience to get us out of this difficult situation, with the right manager they are more useful than youth, at this moment in time for the situation we are in. Not forever but just for now.
I said as of now Krasic would choose city over us and stop denying it because it's true. Money in the world of football is everything, teams don't get into the champions league because of prestige but because of the money
they use to buy quality players. Ok?
And of course I would take the players you mentioned, but that's not even in the context we are talking about.
Just reading your post.:sergio:

If money in the world of football was everything Trezeguet, Buffon, Nedved and Camo would have all left us when we went to Serie B. There are players out there that would choose winning over money. Don't presume that everyone that plays professional football is Cristiano Ronaldo aka mercenaries. We have plenty of experience on our team, much more than most teams of higher caliber. Now is time to integrate youth so they learn from the older players. I agree that experience will get us through this but for some reason I think you think that I want to replace all our team with young players. If so then you are clearly mistaken. We need to integrate them so when the time comes for our vets to retire we have the long term replacement in hand and already producing.

On another note...today is Dday for Kolarov to Inter...gosh I hope they don't get him. Not sure why they would when they have Santon but we should try to get one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)