Aleksandar Kolarov - Lazio - LB (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
He impressed me every time I watched him play for the fascist. He is very fast and can cover alot of space, also know how to be in the right position most of the time. Has a shot to die for and is fenomenal at defending. After seeing him many times I said he a Roberto Carlos 2.0 but with better defensive abilities

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #62
    so the video actually shows

-him running without opponent (so he can dribble the ball when no one tries to take it away from him)
    -him shooting on goal (hey, grygera has a good shot too ... and we might as well have bought vargas if we wanted a good shooter)
    -him getting owned physicaly by juve players (iaquinta and sissoko)
    -him doing bad tackles and getting sent off

i am not impressed ;)
    I didn't even watch it, it's just to show who he is. I thought it was a decent compilation.

does this mean he can defend much better then grosso ?

we already have one fullback that is pretty good in going forward (grosso) and he even gets into positions to score (and actually does score). on the attacking side of the game i am totally happy with grosso ... i do honestly think we really need a right back, because it is not a good situation when caceres (an on-loan player) has totally no competition because grygera is a hobbit and zebina suffers from the andrade-syndrome. lets buy a right back for up to 8 m € and then watch how he fights it out with caceres. if caceres is way better, we know it is ok to pay the fee barcelona want. if not we might as well let caceres leave
    but isnt grosso solid too ? he might struggle against faster opponents but its always this way when the opponent is more athletic that the defender has an disadvantage ...

if you say he is as solid defensively as criscito and offensivly skilled like grosso, that would be a no brainer but getting a player that is pretty similar to grosso and perhaps just a bit better defensively does not make that much sense to me (even if kolarov is relatively young)
    Pretty good doing forward? I seriously think you overrate Grosso. I have no idea how can you be happy with him, his attacking abilities. He's just a decent player at best and hopefully just a temporary solution. He's too clumsy and his "attacking abilities" aren't even that special some people make it out to be. He's too slow, he can't over run 90% of the players. When he's defending, and someone faster is attacking, may God help us. He's not getting any younger, and there's a reason Inter sold him. There is a reason he sucked in France, and there is a reason his price was so low. His reputation only holds WC, and that goal. Saying "there's a reason he plays for Italy" is funny, because it's not like there's any other player who can offer more.

So you'd buy a right back in January for 8mln so you could compare him to Caceres? So if Caceres turns out to be better you'd buy him for 12mln euros and make our budget shrink. I don't think high of our right back side, but it's not any better on our left. Kolarov is way better than Grosso and he would actually change something in our squad. Grosso over Molinaro added just a tad. He's faster, he's better in defense, his crosses are better at least 3 times. Grosso scores? You make sound like we're comparing Villa and Abidal. Doubt it should be an important factor to take. Not to mention that Kolarov is still young who can get even better and he's one of the best players available for that position. I watched him play for Serbia and every time I did, he was very good.

yeah, fuck you kolarov, you dirty bastard !

how dare you being mentioned in our holy forum ?

don't ever try that again, bum !
    I respect many of your posts, seriously especially when it comes to transfers and our matches analysis. You can actually see something good in there. But sometimes you're way too arrogant, like now. It's pretty clear you don't have a high opinion about this forum, but if that's the case then you shouldn't bring it up that often. You think 90% of the people here defend "their" players no matter if they play bad or not, which can be true sometimes but your laugh at certain posts is not really funny, especially not when you do it every time you see something like that. Same case is when you make fun of Ciro, you try to rub it into peoples face that he's even worse than Ranieri. But dunno why you do that, because 95% think the same way you do, but you still do it. We know Ciro is bad, we know.
    He doesn't have to like him and he can express his opinion like other people do, but the way he said it wasn't so sweet.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    After all these great videos of Molinaro and Grygera, I don't think I still want a new RB or LB.

:shifty:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    I didn't even watch it, it's just to show who he is. I thought it was a decent compilation.
    Ok, so i just summarized what i saw in the video, because i did not see kolarov at all =)

Pretty good doing forward? I seriously think you overrate Grosso. I have no idea how can you be happy with him, his attacking abilities. He's just a decent player at best and hopefully just a temporary solution. He's too clumsy and his "attacking abilities" aren't even that special some people make it out to be. He's too slow, he can't over run 90% of the players. When he's defending, and someone faster is attacking, may God help us. He's not getting any younger, and there's a reason Inter sold him. There is a reason he sucked in France, and there is a reason his price was so low. His reputation only holds WC, and that goal. Saying "there's a reason he plays for Italy" is funny, because it's not like there's any other player who can offer more.
    he does not have the speed to overrun the opponent but still he has the ability to whip in a cross with being marked or closed down by an opponent without needing to actually just use physical attributes (speed) to overcame the defender who tries to stop him from crossing. add to that, that he does create some danger by being able to score and even not only once get a freekick or penalty kick. if you like his "diving" or not, but thats something i would count for us.

if some here name criscito as left back or de ceglie than yes from this standpoint grosso is awesome attacking because criscito is to cowardish to even cross or run down the wing and de ceglie is just a clueless chicken that would get brushed away by steven hawking...

so my standard for evaluating the attacking skills of grosso are leveled on the italian left backs

So you'd buy a right back in January for 8mln so you could compare him to Caceres? So if Caceres turns out to be better you'd buy him for 12mln euros and make our budget shrink. I don't think high of our right back side, but it's not any better on our left. Kolarov is way better than Grosso and he would actually change something in our squad. Grosso over Molinaro added just a tad. He's faster, he's better in defense, his crosses are better at least 3 times. Grosso scores? You make sound like we're comparing Villa and Abidal. Doubt it should be an important factor to take. Not to mention that Kolarov is still young who can get even better and he's one of the best players available for that position. I watched him play for Serbia and every time I did, he was very good.
    as already mentioned i did not see kolarov at all, but yes caceres being the only one that can play on right back is a bit thin for me. i can undestand your point, when you say kolarov is young and can learn. we surely need someone for the leftback position with talent and a future but i would prefer reinforcements on other positions. if i would share your evaluation of kolarov i would agree that it would be a good thing to buy him, but i dont buy it that he is "great defensively" and personally dont like these vargas-style leftbacks how just run forward and shoot, because when the shot gets blocked and bounces back to the midfield the opponent has an immediate counter chance, while when the cross does not meet its target there is often more time to track back.

I respect many of your posts, seriously especially when it comes to transfers and our matches analysis. You can actually see something good in there. But sometimes you're way too arrogant, like now. It's pretty clear you don't have a high opinion about this forum, but if that's the case then you shouldn't bring it up that often. You think 90% of the people here defend "their" players no matter if they play bad or not, which can be true sometimes but your laugh at certain posts is not really funny, especially not when you do it every time you see something like that. Same case is when you make fun of Ciro, you try to rub it into peoples face that he's even worse than Ranieri. But dunno why you do that, because 95% think the same way you do, but you still do it. We know Ciro is bad, we know.
    He doesn't have to like him and he can express his opinion like other people do, but the way he said it wasn't so sweet.
    i think you did not read the post before what you quoted. i was being sarcastic and imitated the guy above me who did say "fuck kolarov" i just exagerated it a bit ;)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I didn't saw to much of him, but I clearly remember our game against Lazio in Coppa and Serie A where he was great, and giving us so much problems.

P.S. Grosso don't have good cross either, for every succesful cross he made it comes at least three unsuccesful.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    I like the idea of having Kolarov at left back, but not at the expense of Giovinco, who seems to be only one of a small group who can hold their head up high at the club at the moment.

Grosso isnt playing well and is old, Molinaro is crap....I think De Ceglie can be something and will be seen a player worthy of making a deal.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    Alex is agood player with a great future waiting ahaed,BUT the arraival of him will destroy the future of 2 of our best young players GIOVINCO & DE CEGLIE:cry:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Alex is agood player with a great future waiting ahaed,BUT the arraival of him will destroy the future of 2 of our best young players GIOVINCO & DE CEGLIE:cry:
    How would Kolarov destroy Seba's future? Giovinco doesn't play left-back.

De Ceglie is still a bit of an unknown, and we will need a replacement for Grosso sooner or later anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)