Aleksandar Kolarov - Lazio - LB (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Defensively he has clearly improved. But find his habit of shooting from every really really annoying though, considering his aiming is awwwwwful and he barely get it close to the goal at all.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Good job Dusan. :mark:

Yeah, Kolarov should be our 1st target at LB. Criscito is still talking about his beloved Genoa...

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Either one will do, though I really like Kolarov's style. One can argue about the constant shooting no doubt, but he always looks confident and he's powerful.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
so the video actually shows

-him running without opponent (so he can dribble the ball when no one tries to take it away from him)
-him shooting on goal (hey, grygera has a good shot too ... and we might as well have bought vargas if we wanted a good shooter)
-him getting owned physicaly by juve players (iaquinta and sissoko)
-him doing bad tackles and getting sent off

i am not impressed ;)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Who need sto watch video to know Kolarov? He has clearly improved as a player.
does this mean he can defend much better then grosso ?

we already have one fullback that is pretty good in going forward (grosso) and he even gets into positions to score (and actually does score). on the attacking side of the game i am totally happy with grosso ... i do honestly think we really need a right back, because it is not a good situation when caceres (an on-loan player) has totally no competition because grygera is a hobbit and zebina suffers from the andrade-syndrome. lets buy a right back for up to 8 m € and then watch how he fights it out with caceres. if caceres is way better, we know it is ok to pay the fee barcelona want. if not we might as well let caceres leave

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
but isnt grosso solid too ? he might struggle against faster opponents but its always this way when the opponent is more athletic that the defender has an disadvantage ...

if you say he is as solid defensively as criscito and offensivly skilled like grosso, that would be a no brainer but getting a player that is pretty similar to grosso and perhaps just a bit better defensively does not make that much sense to me (even if kolarov is relatively young)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)