Alberto Aquilani (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Aquilani Set To Sign New Contract

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Alberto Aquilani is very close to ending all speculation over his future by signing a new contract at the club.

The 23-year-old Aquilani has been heavily linked with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico, as talks over a new contract had not been going at all well.

The midfielder has been asking for €2.5m in wages per season, but until now the Giallorossi have only been willing to offer €1.5m. The young starlet is regarded as one of the most promising players in the whole of Europe, and he has been turning the heads of a number of top clubs.

Juventus and Inter have made no secret of their wish to sign Aquilani, while Arsenal and Real Madrid have also been heavily linked. However the Corriere says that the player is now set to end all the transfer speculation by finally signing a new contract.

Aquilani will put pen to paper on a long-term deal, worth around €1.9m a season. Although this falls well short of what the player is demanding, it seems that his love for the club has forced him into accepting.

The schemer was born in the Eternal City, and supported Roma as a child. Many believe he will follow in the footsteps of Francesco Totti and spend his entire career at the club.

goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Gigli Closes Door On Aquilani

Juventus president Giovanni Coboli Gigli has closed the door on Alberto Aquilani by admitting that his club will no longer try and swoop for the player.

The Bianconeri have long been admirers of the midfield dynamo and only recently, Gigli promised that he would do all he could to bring Aquilani to Turin.

However, with Xabi Alono’s arrival from Liverpool imminent, the chief has revealed that Juve will not be taking their interest in the player any further.

“We are interested and we appreciate what Aquilani has done but there will be no talks over him as I believe that Roma want to keep him at all costs,” Gigli told Radio GRT.

Juventus were keen on the young star and they believed they could offer him a better deal.

However, the Bianconeri are not prepared to sit and hang around as the player is still involved in negotiations with his club over extending his current deal.

Meanwhile, Alonso’s arrival from Liverpool is very close after the Reds accepted Juve’s latest offer according to reports in and around the peninsula.

The Bianconeri are still in the process of bolstering their squad as they attempt to mount a serious challenge on next season’s Champions League and Scudetto.

goal.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
According to La Stampa, Inter is offering 40 M + Adriano on loan for Aquilani + Mancini
I see it happening with Adriano bagging goals for Roma, Mancini being upset because of lack of playing time and Aquilani sitting on the bench because of Vieira and Cambiasso.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So as Aquilani, they will never leave Roma for another Italian team
(well unless Inter gives them a fortune and guarantees them a championship)

If Roma ask so much for Aquilani, icant even imagine how much they would ask for De Rossi...

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
Why bother with De Rossi?

Lets get Kaka or Messi. :disagree:

OK, ok, I just thought that if you are dreaming on Aquilani why De Rossi should be any diferent? If Roma could sell Acquilani, they can sell anyone, maybe except for Totti, but Juve fans been even dreaming about him.

So shut up, take your sarcasm back, and stop clouding over my barrel..

Apr 12, 2004
OK, ok, I just thought that if you are dreaming on Aquilani why De Rossi should be any diferent? If Roma could sell Acquilani, they can sell anyone, maybe except for Totti, but Juve fans been even dreaming about him.

What?

They would sell Aquilani much faster than De Rossi.....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

:lol2:

There was an outside chance of Aquilani leaving because he was stalling over a new contract.

De Rossi will probably never leave Roma, and he would never play for Juve.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, it was just the contract situation which cast some doubt over Aquilani's future.

Roma will build their team round them both for years to come.

SlimValdi

Dec 28, 2002
Juve Launch Fresh Bid For Aquilani
GOAL.COM
The 23-year-old Aquilani has been heavily linked with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico, as talks over a new contract had not been going at all well.

The midfielder has been asking for €2.5m in wages per season, but until now the Giallorossi have only been willing to offer €1.5m. The young starlet is regarded as one of the most promising players in the whole of Europe, and he has been turning the heads of a number of top clubs.

Juventus have made no secret of their intentions to sign Aquilani, though Roma have made it perfectly clear that they will not consider selling him.

However Aquilani realises that if he joins Juve, he can earn €3m per season, and with this in mind, the Bianconeri are ready to launch a fresh bid for his services.

This afternoon the Old Lady hierarchy will meet, and managing director Jean-Claude Blanc will outline his intentions regarding a new offer for Aquilani.

Juve are well known to be in the market for a top class centre midfielder, and could now concentrate solely on Aquilani following the stalling of the Xabi Alonso transfer from Liverpool.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Aquilani is not so good. Really stuck in puberty. Haven't developed anything over tha last year.. still mediocre on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)