Alberto Aquilani (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Makes sense.

There certainly isn't room for Aquilani and Giovinco in the same team.

They would only hinder each others development.

Ghost

Jun 10, 2008
20 mil. + Iaquinta? that is fucking outrageous! Hell No!
For the future, best Italian midfielder on the planet?

I think its a damn bargain. We've lacked creativity in our midfield for a number of a years and Aquilani can bring that back. The plus is he is ITALIAN.

It's all but guaranteed that he's ours for the taken. Milan said they have no room for him and Inter, well, Alberto is Italian so scratch him off the inbreds list.

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
For the future, best Italian midfielder on the planet?

I think its a damn bargain. We've lacked creativity in our midfield for a number of a years and Aquilani can bring that back. The plus is he is ITALIAN.

It's all but guaranteed that he's ours for the taken. Milan said they have no room for him and Inter, well, Alberto is Italian so scratch him off the inbreds list.
:disagree:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Aqulaini has been heavily linked with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico, as talks over a new contract are not going at all well.

The midfielder is asking for €2.5m in wages per season, but the club are only willing to offer €1.5m. Juve meanwhile have promised that they will pay him what he is demanding from Roma.

According to La Stampa yesterday, the Old Lady are prepared to offer €20m plus Vincenzo Iaquinta to the Giallorossi in order to convince them to part-company with the 23-year-old maestro, who is rated as one of Italy's best young players.

Juventus President Giovani Cobolli Gigli has now confirmed that his club would like to sign Aquilani.

"There has been contact, but we have not spoken officially," he stated.

"But if the Sensis want to talk, we would be ready. To say that a player like Aquilani would not be attractive for the Juventus midfield would be a blasphemy.
"The market closes at the end of August and I think that until the end of the Europeans will see a few movements."

Juventus yesterday brought back Italy Under-21 star Paolo De Ceglie, who had been on a co-ownership deal at Siena.

goal.com

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Channel4.com said that there was meeting between Inter and Roma for Aquilani and Mancini today. Now it is obvious that Roma want to sell the player but the question is that: to whom?

I'm pretty sure if Roma and Player come to situation that Roma's Offer and Juve Offer will be the same, they sell player to Inter and not Juve.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Channel4.com said that there was meeting between Inter and Roma for Aquilani and Mancini today. Now it is obvious that Roma want to sell the player but the question is that: to whom?

I'm pretty sure if Roma and Player come to situation that Roma's Offer and Juve Offer will be the same, they sell player to Inter and not Juve.
why would they choose Inter over Juve? Im pretty sure Roma hate Inter more than they do Juve... Anyway reports say that Inter want to give Roma Crespo or Suazo, but their wages are too high for Roma and i doubt they'd accept reduced wages.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004

i know there are bad feelings between us and roma but if our offer is more attractive than inters,why not
i think spalletti would be more interested in iaquinta than crespo or suazo!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juventus are keen on the young midfielder who has been outstanding for the Giallorossi and he is becoming one of the best players in Serie A.

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli revealed that the Old Lady is trying to swoop for the Italian international but Roma insist Aquilani will not be leaving despite reports claiming he may walk out on the club if they don’t meet his wage demands.

“We have always said it, Aquilani is not for sale,” Conti told Corriere Dello Sport.

“It would be better if Gigli spoke with us over the player rather than the media, that way we would tell him the player is not up for sale.”

“I say this not to cause controversy but to clarify our position over the whole affair.”

Reports in Italy claimed that Roma recently rejected a €30m bid from the Bianconeri for the player.

Aquilani still hasn’t extended his deal with I Lupi and he may leave if the right offers come his way.

Juve are currently in the process of strengthening their squad and Liverpool's Xabi Alonso may arrive in Turin and he would be an ideal partner for Aquilani if Juve manage to lure him from Roma.

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)