Alberto Aquilani (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Trade all three for Aquilani. Hell even include some money too.

I'd like to keep Iaquinta, but Aquilani :bow:
If we are going to play with 2 attackers, then we need to offload two attackers, cause Amauri, Del pie, Trezeguet and Giovinco is more than enough.. yeah I would get rid of those 3 for a great midfielder like Aquilani.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
If we are going to play with 2 attackers, then we need to offload two attackers, cause Amauri, Del pie, Trezeguet and Giovinco is more than enough.. yeah I would get rid of those 3 for a great midfielder like Aquilani.
Am certain that giovinco would never play as an attacker.....So we'll have 3 attackers (alex, trez and amauri). If we'll gonna keep paladino then its ok, but selling both paladino and Iaquinta and not buying any replacement is not a smart move........

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Giovinco can play behind a Striker if the system is 4-4-1-1 (In case two of our forwards are injured). It's not his main role, but I am just saying 3 attackers plus Giovinco is enough to cover that place. Cause if we keep the other attackers, I am sure they will not get much chance to play and they are not going to accept it (being 4th forward in 2-attacker system)..

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Our squad situation:
Marchionni - Injury prone but talented and versatile, keep him if his salary is low and wait till he has a good season (a season where he plays) to cash in on him
Almiron - Sell away unless he learned something from his Monaco spell that makes him beneficial
Palladino - The kid has got a mean shot, I think one season as a starter (ST, FW position) somewhere decent (UEFA CUP team) will do the boy wonders
Iaquinta - He needs to accept the fact that he's not a superstar. In the past Juve have relied on subsitute attackers that know they really don't stand a chance to be starters. If he doesn't accept, use him for Aquilani and then buy a cheap striker that is proven but not the hottest kid on the block...(kinda like Iaquinta)...maybe the croatian kid zamparini kept talking about as a replacement for Amauri or even someone with experience.

Skillwise I'd prefer Aquilani over Alonso, but I'd prefer for us to have a player that wants to join us more than a skilled youngster that settles for Juve cause he likes cash..cause we know where the cash lovers went last time shit hit the fan.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
it's a waste of time trying to get Aquilani, he does'nt want us, and roma don't want him to come here either
:agree:
We will offer him bigger salary then they can. Thats almost exlusively the most important factor for players.

So it isnt that unrealistic as you think. Not either the first time we got a player from a rival team in a controversial scenario, a certain Baggio caused riots and the player himself wasnt so into the prospect.
True, but we are not that Juve anymore, remember our owner then?
Just look at our managers now, they cant pull this off...
Our financial status and market influence is severally damaged, Roma wasnt that powerful as it is today and that player is hardcore Roma fan, living his dream...

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
True, but we are not that Juve anymore, remember our owner then?
Just look at our managers now, they cant pull this off...
Our financial status and market influence is severally damaged, Roma wasnt that powerful as it is today and that player is hardcore Roma fan, living his dream...
I don't know really if he's such a die hard roma fan. He may be, but in that case he'd have made a clear statement to the press, just as did de rossi. Up until now, there's nothing he denied or approved. And speaking of powerful roma... they have debts of 180mio euros, they have a low-ass salary cap which will leed them into a disaster sooner or later, they have failed to agree to that soros-deal and they have spalletti who prefers other players in front of aquilani (for the moment at least). So, there might be a chance. We can offer nearly double as much salary as roma (i think they have a salary cap of < 2 mio), we can guarantee some financial securities. We can guarantee a definately BETTER squad than last season's... those are things which could be important for a young player and which roma can't necessarily bring up.

Let's just wait and see what aquilani will say. If he is that romanista we are all expecting; hand's off and xabi here we come. If there is the slightest possibility of him wanting to come to us; get him! ASAP! i'd even be willing to sacrifice iaquinta for him (not necessarily because aquilani is the better player, but because we need a midfielder more than a forward)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Juve To Offer €20m Plus Iaquinta For Aquilani

Juventus are about to swoop for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani according to La Stampa.

The Bianconeri are keen on Aquilani who has not yet renewed his contract with Roma.

The midfielder has failed negotiations with the Giallorossi because he is asking for €2.5m per season. The club is only willing to offer €1.5m where as Juve would be able to give Aquilani what he is demanding from Roma.

According to La Stampa, the Old Lady is prepared to offer €20m plus Vincenzo Iaquinate to the Giallorossi in order to convince them to part-company with their midfield maestro.

Iaquinta is not enjoying his time with Juve and he would be keen on a move to Roma to meet up with old coach Luciano Spalletti.
It is highly likely that Roma would be looking for a quick solution with Aquilani if he rejects their latest wage offer and they may consider off loading him to Juve who are keeping close tabs on him.

Juve chief Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has made it clear that he is looking to buy two top quality midfielders as his side prepare for next season’s Champions League challenge.

The Bianconeri have returned to the European big time following a two year absence and they will be looking to return to the glories of days gone by.

goal.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
What the Fuck??????

20m + Iaquinta??????that's toooooo much for Aquilani, I hope it's just a rumor
well that really seems a lot. but hey, if we have it :) i wouldn't mind going crazy for one player if he REALLY is needed. But if aquilani is the right one to do so is another question. Especially if we could get xabi for less... but hey, as long as we sign another quality defender, they can spend whatever they want to get him.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Come on, that means 35 mil for Aquilani as I think Iaquinta is worth 10-15 mil. Goal is so full of shit. If Roma are not able to get Aquilani to sign an extention then I think they'd be ready to listen to something like 22-25 mil offers.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
If the news are true, then maybe Juve prepared a big offer to close the way on Real Madrid, as if we offer 20 mill, Real can easily offer 25, but an offer like that is too big for Roma to refuse

but if we can get Alonso for around 20 mill, why should we spend more for Aquilani?

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
but if we can get Alonso for around 20 mill, why should we spend more for Aquilani?
honestly, i'd take aquilani over alonso. they're both quality players and i see the talent of someone like alonso, but in my opinion (it's just me, my own thoughts...) alonso might not be exactly what we are looking for. He has a good view and he made some awesome passes but those long-range passes we all enjoyed from him are not the thing you see in serie-a. I just have this feeling that aquilani is the more risk-less way to go, since he knows serie-a and he is more or less serie-a proven... But again, this is just an opinion, alonso may as well come here and kick asses all day long, i haven't followed him enough to judge him that precisely.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I prefer Aquilani too, but I still believe that any of them will be a very good addition to our team, as Alonso is an experienced player who played in EPL, La Liga and CL, and he's not old,

So if both players will do the job, we better get the cheaper player and use our money wisely to get another player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)