Alberto Aquilani (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Ciao Fratello, Palladino wants more space so there is adeal in the offing Hugo Campagnaro, 28, Argentinian central defender + 2m. and co-ownership of Palladino with Juventus having the right to get Raffaele back from Sampdoria at a fixed price next season.

It seems Iaquinta will be off to Roma. Spalletti was the man who launched Iaquinta's career and we get Aquilani in return. I don't mind Aquilani he said more tha once he wants Juventus. To say that in Rome one must be really determined. I like him as a player.
Camo, Aquilani, Sissoko and Van Der Vaart. Bring them on.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
If we could trade Iaquinta for Aquilani or even Iaquinta + cash for Aquilani that would be superb. What source said this though luftwaffles, because i really do not see it happening that easily or at all..

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Ciao Fratello, Palladino wants more space so there is adeal in the offing Hugo Campagnaro, 28, Argentinian central defender + 2m. and co-ownership of Palladino with Juventus having the right to get Raffaele back from Sampdoria at a fixed price next season.

It seems Iaquinta will be off to Roma. Spalletti was the man who launched Iaquinta's career and we get Aquilani in return. I don't mind Aquilani he said more tha once he wants Juventus. To say that in Rome one must be really determined. I like him as a player.
Camo, Aquilani, Sissoko and Van Der Vaart. Bring them on.
The only thing Aquilani has said about Juventus is that "they're a good club" whilst he has stated his desire to play for Inter and how good they are much more times.. In any case, this doesn't matter and essentially, I highly doubt we will see Aquilani running around in a bianconeri shirt anytime soon

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Aquilani would be a great buy. Very good box to box midfielder. I would say he's one of the best options out there if were stuck with the 4-4-2 formation. But I honestly dont think Roma would let him go that easily.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I would agree in talent, but Aquilani is more consistent and more impact player. While MOntolivo is really dazzling and talented as fuck, but doesnt have the consistency or the mentality to step up so much yet.
:agree: but if its my choice i would rather have "hamsik", that guy is simply amazing.........

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
aquilani is more of a possibility than montolivo
aquilani is not getting regular games at roma while montolivo does and hes extremely well rated by prandelli
cant see him leaving

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Aquilani is playing for a top club while Montolivo isnt. Aquilani is homegrown diehard romanista, while Montolivo is Atalanta product who is just another player playing for la viola.

Dont see Montolivo leaving right now, mostly due to Prandelli as you said, but if it came down to it, we have more realistic shot to get Montolivo then a player a player Roma wants to keep.

P.S only-juve, I would want Hamsik too, best young player this season probably (with Giovinco ;)). But like watching Montolivo more then Hamsik, Montolivo is pure elegance and silk. Smooth and supremely skilled.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Either one would be perfect for me, I like them both more than Aquilani. Montolivo is my first choice, I like his style. But I think Hamsik is a better player. He reminds me of Nedved, except he has more skill.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Honestly, I'd rather hold on to Iaquinta and use Palladino intelligently enough in a player plus cash trade, wherever necessary. Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta and Amauri seems like a pretty tight line up when you're fighting three fronts. Plus I think Iaquinta has earned his place with the work rate he's shown this season. And I do think we're being awfully unfair to him, if we let him go. Also the price tags on comparsion between Amauri and Iaquinta show a huge difference, when really the former isnt going to be any more of an asset than the latter.

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
Honestly, I'd rather hold on to Iaquinta and use Palladino intelligently enough in a player plus cash trade, wherever necessary. Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta and Amauri seems like a pretty tight line up when you're fighting three fronts. Plus I think Iaquinta has earned his place with the work rate he's shown this season. And I do think we're being awfully unfair to him, if we let him go. Also the price tags on comparsion between Amauri and Iaquinta show a huge difference, when really the former isnt going to be any more of an asset than the latter.
Agree:thumbs:

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i agree partly; my question is: why not hold on to both. I keep repeating it, but i believe that palla has a lot of potential. He's the typical talent who needs to be formed, he's something like a raw diamond to me. He might not be that young anymore, but i still do believe that he's got what it takes to waer a juve shirt.

I'd keep iaquinta in any case except one; If we were to get aquilani instead in a iaq - aquilani swap. We desperately need a CM with our 'creative wingers' going offensive and aquilani seems to fit that position perfectly. It's all a question of how we are moving on with our players. If tiago should stay (don't know really what's best) we'd have a CM, no need for aquilani and in that case, i'd keep iaq.

As for palladino, it's a difficult situation really. I'd love to have him loaned out and then take him back after 1 year as a full-grown neddy replacement or forward (if gio is more the AML). He played his last game in neddy's position and he was fine! I mean, for one who didn't play for 10 games or so, he was fine.

If Ranieri has some faith in him, i'd love to hold him here and to put him in sometimes but as few appearances as this season are just bad for him. In that case a loaning/comproprietà would be the best. But i'd really NOT sell him.

I mean, in the end, we don't need that money we could get from palladino. Those 10 mio or so are not essential for us. We do have some cash and we have other players to sell (almiron, tiago maybe) so that i must say that selling palladino now just for the sake of getting rid of him would be a huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)