Alberto Aquilani (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #223
    Id have a hard time saying no to a Iaquinta-Aquilani swap incase we sign Amauri.Iaquinta's first team appearances are limited in the first place,and even though he seems OK with it,his appearances would decrease further with the arrival of Amauri.I love the guy and he' been immense for us,but there has to be a solution that pleases everyone involved.If Iaquinta falls further down the pecking order,then he will get pissed off sooner or later which would effect his relationship with the club.He isnt Zalayeta,so you cant keep him content as a bits and pieces player.On the other hand,we'd get Aquilani,easily one of the most exciting young prospects in modern football.Yes injuries are an issue,but thats nothing that proper guidance and help cant solve.Use him carefully,dont overburden him till his body is ready to take the toll of playing every single match.With someone like Marchisio as a backup,Aquilani can be used well.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Id have a hard time saying no to a Iaquinta-Aquilani swap incase we sign Amauri.Iaquinta's first team appearances are limited in the first place,and even though he seems OK with it,his appearances would decrease further with the arrival of Amauri.I love the guy and he' been immense for us,but there has to be a solution that pleases everyone involved.If Iaquinta falls further down the pecking order,then he will get pissed off sooner or later which would effect his relationship with the club.He isnt Zalayeta,so you cant keep him content as a bits and pieces player.On the other hand,we'd get Aquilani,easily one of the most exciting young prospects in modern football.Yes injuries are an issue,but thats nothing that proper guidance and help cant solve.Use him carefully,dont overburden him till his body is ready to take the toll of playing every single match.With someone like Marchisio as a backup,Aquilani can be used well.
    :agree: at least with marchisio as his deputy there would be someone fitting to take his place, because lets face it a some point in the season Aquilani will be injured

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Id have a hard time saying no to a Iaquinta-Aquilani swap incase we sign Amauri.Iaquinta's first team appearances are limited in the first place,and even though he seems OK with it,his appearances would decrease further with the arrival of Amauri.I love the guy and he' been immense for us,but there has to be a solution that pleases everyone involved.If Iaquinta falls further down the pecking order,then he will get pissed off sooner or later which would effect his relationship with the club.He isnt Zalayeta,so you cant keep him content as a bits and pieces player.
    That's a valid viewpoint. But in the next season we'll play on three different front lines and we can rotate our four attackers according to a match and its importance. That's why I see that Iaquinta may still has a good chance to compete for a regular place in the starting eleven. Palladino would be the victim here.

Il Messaggero mentioned possible swap Palladino-Aquilani.
    I like Aquilani, also Palladino.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
    Mafia, very good point. If amauri is in he fits the same characteristics as Iaquinta and thus Iaquinta would have to leave. Don't forget Giovinco will be on the team next year and unless we play with three attackers or a trequartarista I dont see enough space for Gio, Del, Trez, IQ, Palla and Amauri because we all know how meaningless playing in Coppa Italia is for players and the team in general.

If we don't get Flamini, we'll need Aquilani although I'm worried we'll be wasting our money and players to trade for a role that seems covered better than our creative attacking mids or defense.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    the way I see it is that we will play 4-4-2, Nedved or Giovinco on the left and Amauri, DP, Trez or maybe Iaquinta up front
    we are looking for reinforcement on the flanks and central midfield
    we will cement our central midfield with all the creativity on the flanks
    just trying to figure out what we will be doing and what the intention is

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    If we get Amauri, i would rather swap Iaquinta for Aquilani, and keep Palla for long term. However, if we do not get Amauri, the situation would be alot more complicated, but i really like Aquilani so, ill wait and see.
    Yes! Fact is, we don't play with a trequartista; but it's not that we don't play any creative midfielding. The way i see it, we play with "creative wingers". We have Nedved and Camo who make enormous pressure on the wings and constantly drag to the middle. So we don't need a typical trequartista or playmaker. If Gio can take up neddy's job (and i'm quite sure he can in long term), i think we're pretty good as to what the 'creative department' concerns. In that way, an aquilani move would DEFINATELY make sense, since aquilani is not a trequartista but a CM who can move forward. I'd really like seeing gio - aquilani - camo with sisso behind aquilani (maybe as a diamond)

But then again, i really don't think it will be possible ANYHOW to get aquilani out of the romanisti's hands. I mean he's a great prospect and they know that as well (maybe for the after-totti even). Our only chance would be if aquilani himself would want to go (because of fights and whatnot), but i see little chance there (sadly). Anyway, i'd take aquilani anytime over flamini. But i don't think any of the two would come

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    Yes! Fact is, we don't play with a trequartista; but it's not that we don't play any creative midfielding. The way i see it, we play with "creative wingers". We have Nedved and Camo who make enormous pressure on the wings and constantly drag to the middle. So we don't need a typical trequartista or playmaker. If Gio can take up neddy's job (and i'm quite sure he can in long term), i think we're pretty good as to what the 'creative department' concerns. In that way, an aquilani move would DEFINATELY make sense, since aquilani is not a trequartista but a CM who can move forward. I'd really like seeing gio - aquilani - camo with sisso behind aquilani (maybe as a diamond)

But then again, i really don't think it will be possible ANYHOW to get aquilani out of the romanisti's hands. I mean he's a great prospect and they know that as well (maybe for the after-totti even). Our only chance would be if aquilani himself would want to go (because of fights and whatnot), but i see little chance there (sadly). Anyway, i'd take aquilani anytime over flamini. But i don't think any of the two would come
    Yah, i think he would be an awesome asset, but likewise i dont see him coming to juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I think Aquilani would fit great in here but his injuries worries me.
    As I already said, Aquilani has played more games than Camoranesi this season and apart from this season and last season he hasn't had serious injury problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)