ah, the beautiful 4-3-3 (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
this formation is just amazing. with deschamps coming, probably, it seems more likely. its just waiting there to be used!

--------------------------buffon-------------------------

thuram-----------legro--------mexes------------zambrotta

----------maresca------tacchinardi-------appiah----------

----------miccoli--------gilardino------del piero-----------

change mexes and gilardino for whoever you like. anyway this will happen if trez [practically out the door already] and nedved[perhaps] leave.

for that well have 40m + to spend. gilardino will comes for a bit over 10m, while mexes also.

realistically, moggi may also go for ferrari or oddo in defence, and if were really lucky, a playmaker, but i doubt a playmaker will come.

but this formation has it all, strength, flair, strong cover for the defence, a creative and yet strong front line. it allows the wing backs to get forward, something which we should do considering how good our wing backs are.

and its proved successfull!

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Nice example there. But the 3 strikers would provide enough widt in attack so the defence could be more contained (LB/RB). But it would be excellent with those 3 strikers you positioned. Del Piero is awesome when he is placed a little left forward.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Legro would ruin the defence, as Appiah would be a leak in midfield which would sux big time defensively couse the far too many given away balls (Mares and Appiah both world class in that) our opponents would run through this midfield, Thuram will be too old to play RB constantly (imo he is yet too old for that), Zambro will be as left alone on the left side as he was this year, Gila is doubtful to perform on the desirable level through the whole season, as its nearly the same with Micco.

allrounder

Jan 3, 2003
my 3-4-3 team would look like this: (little unrealistic)

-----------------1buffon-------------------
21thuram-4mexes--6samuel-19zambrotta
--------17pedretti--3tacchinardi--------
---------------14maresca------------------
--9miccoli----11gilardino---10del piero--

in:
mexes=10 mio
samuel= iuliano+20 mio
pedretti= 5 mio
gilardino= 10 mio

out:
montero=0
nedved= 35 mio
trezeguet= 20 mio

second team:

------------------12chimenti-------------------
15birindelli--23legro--2ferrara--13parisi---
------------18appiah---27 blasi---------------
--------------------17kapo---------------------
--16 camoranesi--22prso----20di vaio-----

reserve: pessotto, conte, tudor

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
Legro would ruin the defence, as Appiah would be a leak in midfield which would sux big time defensively couse the far too many given away balls (Mares and Appiah both world class in that) our opponents would run through this midfield, Thuram will be too old to play RB constantly (imo he is yet too old for that), Zambro will be as left alone on the left side as he was this year, Gila is doubtful to perform on the desirable level through the whole season, as its nearly the same with Micco.
Legrotagglie has played good the last matches, and hopefully he will be great next season (like in Chievo).
And Appiah has a lot of talent and potential, he just needs some time to adapt, and the best way to do that is to let him play. Appiah cant be blamed alone, Tacchinardi has been horrible lately too. And he is much more experienced than Appiah is.

Jul 28, 2002
i dont want to give 20 million to roma....so samuel is a no go for me. Ferrari would be better, we could spend the rest of the cash on Diego.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
i dont want to give 20 million to roma....so samuel is a no go for me. Ferrari would be better, we could spend the rest of the cash on Diego.
Common........just cuz hes from roma doesnt means that hes bad.
In fact.....he is world-class for Ferarri now.....boy has to prove yet while Samuel doesnt.......

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
that may be true but 20m sounds like we're doing roma a huge favour imo.

wouldn't want them to get out of their financial troubles just yet;)

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    how many times have you seen juve play?

legro has been our best defender alongside zomba this season.

maresca does not give balls away :LOL:

thuram is the best rb in circulation.

zomba left alone? what do you want, 3 players playing left back?!

miccoli cant perform?! :rofl:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    1.zamby's performances have been miles ahead of leggro,he should be mentioned in the same sentence as zamby in the first place.

2.thuram may be one of the most reputable defenders in the world but he has played badly this season and is a huge,huge disappointment considering we have been relying on him to be our best defender.

3.about zamby on the left,most teams do have an LB and an LM you know:rolleyes:

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    :rofl:

zombas been injured for how long? lets count actual games played ok. legro has played many games at a consistent performance. considering most players take a season to settle in at juve hes done very well. definitely one for next season so i have no idea what youre on about.

thuram a huge dissapointment? what about nedved, no criticism there from you. hes been one of our few players who hasnt given in when we were thrashed and has always tried hard, even though hes had fitness problems.

zomba was all alone last season and look how well he did. have you seen juve play in a 433? was pessotto isolated on the left flank? of course not.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    1.leggo's had some horrible games and made huge mistakes,while zamby,even struggling with injury,has hardly needed any time to get his form back.offensively he's done well while remaining relatively reliable at the back.

2.of course nedved's a huge disappointment.i just didn't mention it.i thought we were talking about thuram here:wallbang:what about montero then??i don't see you complaining about him either.in any case,you've failed to refute my argument that thuram has had a bad season.case closed.

3.we all know about his exploits on the left wing.but the fact remains that we do play in a 4-4-2 most of the time and that he is not alone on the wing.dp roams on the left alot,and neddy,when not in the centre,moves out left too.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    that may be true but 20m sounds like we're doing roma a huge favour imo.

wouldn't want them to get out of their financial troubles just yet;)
    Ahh des, great thinking there...loving it :D

Jul 28, 2002
    i would pay teams not to buy off roma and charge huge prices when roma come to town for player...hopefully roma will disappear....i wonder if moggi thinks like that??

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    well,i don't really want to see them disappear into serie c2 or something....in some ways seeing juve win the title every year without having to play roma doesn't sound like much fun....i'd want juve to win the scudetto with roma and tottiboy in it:cool:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    well 3-4-3?

it's good, but i prefer 4-4-2

-------------------------------Buffon----------------------
    ------Thuram-----Mexes----Ferrari/Lucio----Zambro-------
    ------Camo/Enzo----Nedved----Tachinardi----Appiah------
    ---------------Del Piero--------Trezeguet/Cavenaghi-------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)