ah, the beautiful 4-3-3 (1 Viewer)

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++No, I mean wingers and there's no need to laugh at me if your own intelligence is failing to keep up.

Zambrotta could, theoretically at least, be seen as a winger, I think he lacks what it takes but that's debatable. Either way, you put him in defence.

Thuram is a defender, who comes forward when the opportunity is there. His primary task on the pitch is to defend and it should stay that way.
    of course im gonna laugh, what youre saying makes absolutely NO SENSE! :rofl:

remeber our team in 96? the one with the 4-3-3 formation? the one that won the champions league?

who were the wingers there?! where exactly are the wingers in a 4-3-3?! you have fullbacks, wingbacks but not wingers!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Whatever mate. I don't feel like a grammar discussion right now. Fact is that the line-up you posted doesn't make any sense. I'll leave the dissecting to Ian, he did a good job earlier.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
    of course im gonna laugh, what youre saying makes absolutely NO SENSE! :rofl:

remeber our team in 96? the one with the 4-3-3 formation? the one that won the champions league?

who were the wingers there?! where exactly are the wingers in a 4-3-3?! you have fullbacks, wingbacks but not wingers!
    Since Erik has passed the torch, and mostly because I can't turn down a good discussion:

There is a difference between winger, fullbacks, and wingbacks. You can play with any of these type of players in your formation, the problem is that you haven't put them together in a concerted fashion. Zamby is a wingback, and Thuram is a fullback. The main difference between these two is that Thuram is better at defending, but he's slower and less adept at attacking. Zamby is faster, and better at attacking, but is poor defensively and can be caught out when going forward. If you play a 4-3-3 with fullbacks, then you need width in the midfield. You don't have any wingers in your formation, so you're not getting width from the midfield. Therefore, you either need to put some wingers in midfield or find a good right wingback. Otherwise, you'll have a one-sided attack.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I'm a very big proponent of empiricle evidence. He has played with Juve for almost an entire season and there is little to no evidence of him being a hard tackler, or even being able to win the ball. Legro was pretty good with Chievo, and he sucks here. Mendieta was the best in the world with Valencia, but he sucked for Lazio. The point is that players sometimes decrease in ability for one reason or another. Therefore, you can not say that because Appiah was good last season, he will be good again, there is not enough evidence to make that assumption.
    iM with u Ian.

I have seen some sparks in Legro.. but appiah has been an incredibly big disssapoinment so ar. His mistaken passes are somethjing incredible and he always looks to be playing in another game.

Sincerely, i dont think thata a miracle will occur in the nexts eason for him, Just another failure signing...and IMO he needs to leave the team for his own sake,.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    iM with u Ian.

I have seen some sparks in Legro.. but appiah has been an incredibly big disssapoinment so ar. His mistaken passes are somethjing incredible and he always looks to be playing in another game.

Sincerely, i dont think thata a miracle will occur in the nexts eason for him, Just another failure signing...and IMO he needs to leave the team for his own sake,.
    The problem with selling him is that no one is gonna pay so, there's no reason to do it. We have enough replacements for Appiah (Brighi, Blasi, Kapo), that we can keep him on in the case that he actually becomes a decent player. The same goes for Legro. I can only see us getting rid of Legro or Iuliano, and as much as this sucks, I'd have to take Legro.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

The problem with selling him is that no one is gonna pay so, there's no reason to do it. We have enough replacements for Appiah (Brighi, Blasi, Kapo), that we can keep him on in the case that he actually becomes a decent player. The same goes for Legro. I can only see us getting rid of Legro or Iuliano, and as much as this sucks, I'd have to take Legro.
    then loan himor at least let him rotten in the bench... but dont let this guy to play in the starter eleven anymore.... we all know that he dont know how to pass a friking ball.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    then loan himor at least let him rotten in the bench... but dont let this guy to play in the starter eleven anymore.... we all know that he dont know how to pass a friking ball.
    Yeah, well, if we put all the players we have who can't pass the ball on the bench, then we'd only have five players playing.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

Yeah, well, if we put all the players we have who can't pass the ball on the bench, then we'd only have five players playing.
    :D

but he is the worst of all. Well maybe we will play better with 5 players.

at least tacchi tackle sometimes... but appiah does NOTHING NOOOTHING.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    There is a difference between winger, fullbacks, and wingbacks. You can play with any of these type of players in your formation, the problem is that you haven't put them together in a concerted fashion. Zamby is a wingback, and Thuram is a fullback. The main difference between these two is that Thuram is better at defending, but he's slower and less adept at attacking. Zamby is faster, and better at attacking, but is poor defensively and can be caught out when going forward. If you play a 4-3-3 with fullbacks, then you need width in the midfield. You don't have any wingers in your formation, so you're not getting width from the midfield. Therefore, you either need to put some wingers in midfield or find a good right wingback. Otherwise, you'll have a one-sided attack.
    i cant believe elementary logic is being questioned...!

exactly where are the wingers going in a 433? in the 96 juve team, name the wingers. was pessoto a fullback? yes. was torricelli a fullback? yes. did they play in a 433? yes. was this successful? very.

whats there to dispute? this formation has been tried and tested and has actually worked!

thuram has put in more crosses this season then camoranesi. thats a fact. thuram always does the one two with camoranesi and gets the cross in. he gets in more crosses then zambrotta!

Apr 1, 2004
    Here's my take on the 4-3-3 for Juve (trying to be realistic):

--Zambro----Mexes?----Ferrari?----Jankulovski--
    ------------Tacchi-------Maresca---------------
    -------------------Nedved-----------------------
    --------Miccoli----------------Del Piero----------
    ------------------Trezeguet---------------------

Defence: Zambro IMO can play either side (he's Right footed?) so the rumoured Jank can play on the left. There you have to great wing backs that have a good offensive game to them. Put whoever Juve can for the CB's.

Midfield:Tacchi is a no brainer. I'm not sure if Maresca can play as a DM. But since appiah is crap, this may be the best place for him. Nedved has a free-role.

Attack: Miccoli and Del Piero IMO are made for the support striker role. They could complement each other on opposite sides of the field well IMO. Trez might still stay, but if not, Gilardino could be a good replacement.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I like that formation, but can Zambro really play RB? Just because he can play RM and LB, doesn't necessarily mean that he's capable of holding the RB role. He's the most versatile player in our team, so if anyone can adapt, it's him.

IMO though, if we're gonna play Zambro as a wingback, I'd take Jankulovski out of defence, restore Zambro to LB. Then I'd drop Tacchi, move Maresca over to the right and slot Janko into a DM role.

kind of like this:

--Trabelsi/Thuram----Mexes?----Ferrari?----Zambro
    ------------Maresca-------Jankulovski/Kapo---------------
    -------------------Nedved-----------------------
    --------Miccoli----------------Del Piero----------
    ------------------Trezeguet---------------------

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    this formation is just amazing. with deschamps coming, probably, it seems more likely. its just waiting there to be used!

--------------------------buffon-------------------------

thuram-----------legro--------mexes------------zambrotta

----------maresca------tacchinardi-------appiah----------

----------miccoli--------gilardino------del piero-----------

change mexes and gilardino for whoever you like. anyway this will happen if trez [practically out the door already] and nedved[perhaps] leave.

for that well have 40m + to spend. gilardino will comes for a bit over 10m, while mexes also.

realistically, moggi may also go for ferrari or oddo in defence, and if were really lucky, a playmaker, but i doubt a playmaker will come.

but this formation has it all, strength, flair, strong cover for the defence, a creative and yet strong front line. it allows the wing backs to get forward, something which we should do considering how good our wing backs are.

and its proved successfull!
    What! No natural playmaker? I will kill myself if Moggi doesn't keep Nedved or buy a replacement for him!

This team and formation sucks! We will turn into another Inter Milan; no playermaker= no creativity. No creativity= Inter. Inter= a suck arse team!

Sorry, but with this lineup we will not do much better than this year; a complete nightmare. No good team can survive without a natural playmaker. Milan, Real Madrid, Deportivo, and even Chelsea all succeeded this year because they have natural playmaker(s). This team you have put together will have no control and creativity and Del Piero will once again have to act as a playmaker, and you all know how that works for us (C.L. Final against Milan, we sucked). All great teams need a playmaker to lead the team, no question.

Jul 12, 2002
    i cant believe elementary logic is being questioned...!

exactly where are the wingers going in a 433? in the 96 juve team, name the wingers. was pessoto a fullback? yes. was torricelli a fullback? yes. did they play in a 433? yes. was this successful? very.

whats there to dispute? this formation has been tried and tested and has actually worked!

thuram has put in more crosses this season then camoranesi. thats a fact. thuram always does the one two with camoranesi and gets the cross in. he gets in more crosses then zambrotta!
    Mate, you can't attack down the centre only. You need somebody to go wide. Either it's going to be defensemen or midfielders.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I think tactics are overemphasized. Sure, they can make a whole lotta difference from time to time, but usually it's just about the players on the pitch, their form, how well they work together, are they having an off day etc. I wouldnt experiment too much with the tactics, IMO a diamond 4-4-2 would be best.

-------------Buffon----------------

Hinkel Lucio Mexes Zambrotta

-------------Maresca--------------

Camoranesi-------------Rothen

-------------Rosicky---------------

-------Miccoli Trezeguet---------

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Also, we havent actually bought Appiah yet.

He's on loan and we have an option to buy him at the end of the season, kinda like with Di Vaio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)