After Perugia match (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Then Maresca & Miccoli are SHIT :D
Yeah, but niether of them have been sitting as long as Macca did, and he sat during the peak times of his career.

Mar 14, 2004
ToschaK: Seedorf,Suker,Mijatovic,Anelka,LuisEnrique,Canizares,Ilgner,Karembeu,Macca,Panucci,Savio,Jarni........all being sitted on the bench untill they left.....well Macca stayed and he was named Man of the match against Valencia in CL finals.

Jul 12, 2002
ToschaK: Seedorf,Suker,Mijatovic,Anelka,LuisEnrique,Canizares,Ilgner,Karembeu,Macca,Panucci,Savio,Jarni........all being sitted on the bench untill they left.....well Macca stayed and he was named Man of the match against Valencia in CL finals.
I'll take Seedorf, Luis Enrique, and Canizares...the rest aren't worth mentioning. And those three did not do their best work at the Bernabeau.

Markko

May 29, 2003
Šuker and Mijatović were excellent in their first Real Madrid season (1996/7). Real got the national title after many years, and Šuker was the second scorer of primera (after Ronaldo).
Next season (1997/8) Mijatović scored against Juve in CL final. And Šuker was left on the becnh during the whole season. And then he scored six goals in France. Remember?
And even such a brilliant like Seedorf didn't have a beautiful career in Madrid.
Panucci naturally left as he has always been Capallo's favourite Player. Like Jugović used to be Lippi's.

Markko

May 29, 2003
Sadly, but Nedved is growing old. He'll soon be 32. Like Thuram. Trez? He could stay and play like he used to two-three years ago. But I think it is not realistic.
I think Di Vaio is never going to be for Juve's first 11. Miccoli could. But he should be given a chance.
Del Piero? As long as he can play like Bergkamp plays for Arsenal he must stay.
Defence? Pessotto old. Ciro old. Montero old and almost useless. Tudor with self-confidence lost, Legrottaglie not so good as expected (perhaps overrated?). Change. change. change.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I'll take Seedorf, Luis Enrique, and Canizares...the rest aren't worth mentioning. And those three did not do their best work at the Bernabeau.

Sorry....your crazy.....the Golden Boot of WC1998 in France???
Mijatovic? Not a class foward?
Jarni?
Savio???
................oh gosh...........

Jul 12, 2002

Sorry....your crazy.....the Golden Boot of WC1998 in France???
Mijatovic? Not a class foward?
Jarni?
Savio???
................oh gosh...........
The golden boot does not mean that you're a class forward at club level. All it means is that you scored the most goal in a world cup. Obviously my hatred of Mardid colours my perceptions of these players, but we've gone far off the original conversation....Macca is washed up and no one will remember him. This is what Soccernet has to say about him, this season:

9. Steve McManaman (Manchester City, free transfer)
How expensive can a free transfer signing be? Very, in the case of Steve McManaman, who earns an estimated £60,000 a week. McManaman made a glorious return to English football as Aston Villa were beaten 4-1 on his debut.

Since then, however, his impact has been negligible and in a Manchester City midfield packed with bad buys (Trevor Sinclair, Paul Bosvelt and Claudio Reyna), all have been upstaged by the homegrown talents of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joey Barton.

Unable to establish himself as a first choice either in the centre of midfield or on the wing, McManaman was conspicuously absent from the City team who beat Newcastle to guarantee their Premiership status for another season.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
To me Macca is not good and bad and this may sound like a political answer. Macca is brilliant with his pace and the agressiveness to go forward, and penetrating the defense. But for sure, he is lacking of something, something that Keegan is lacking as well. Consistency!
And being consistent doesn't mean that you have on top of the game all the time. If one day you are dire, well make the next one better.

Imo, Macca is just there, neither the best or the worse.

Mar 14, 2004

The golden boot does not mean that you're a class forward at club level. All it means is that you scored the most goal in a world cup. Obviously my hatred of Mardid colours my perceptions of these players, but we've gone far off the original conversation....Macca is washed up and no one will remember him. This is what Soccernet has to say about him, this season:
Onley the great players have won the golden boot.....those are players that gave the best when it was needed(assume that WC is the biggest competition in game of football") And about club football.....Suker will be remembered as one of most skillfull fowards in Primera division. He was among top3 scorers in 90% of his seasons in spain. Ronaldo admitted that he was a tough man to beat in leading scorer race. Maradona declared him as a best striker that he played with.....nuff said.

Jul 12, 2002
Onley the great players have won the golden boot.....those are players that gave the best when it was needed(assume that WC is the biggest competition in game of football") And about club football.....Suker will be remembered as one of most skillfull fowards in Primera division. He was among top3 scorers in 90% of his seasons in spain. Ronaldo admitted that he was a tough man to beat in leading scorer race. Maradona declared him as a best striker that he played with.....nuff said.
Okay, I'll admit, my knowlege of Real Madrid's past players is rather low, and maybe you are right, these players were great and benched by Real Madrid. One point to you. That doesn't change the fact that Macca is a washed up waste of time nowadays and couldn't break into his team for years, whatever the reason. Game to me.

Jul 12, 2002
RealMadrid does not buy average players.....never did,never will(expecially for that kind of money). And thats why they have 9 CL and we have 2 CL......game,SET,MATCH to me :D
Sure they do. They bought Beckham didn't they?

Jul 12, 2002
Yess they did,but an idiot uses him as a DM.....hes a winger right? AND YESS HE IS WORLD CLASS
That was a bit of a joke, mate. But, the reality is that you can't say, "Real Madrid have alays bought excellent players", and then use that to prove that a player they bought is good. I mean, just because they bought him does not necessarily mean that he is good despite the fact that all the other players they have purchased were good. Each player must be evaluated on their on characteristics, not as part of a vague trend.

Mar 14, 2004

That was a bit of a joke, mate. But, the reality is that you can't say, "Real Madrid have alays bought excellent players", and then use that to prove that a player they bought is good. I mean, just because they bought him does not necessarily mean that he is good despite the fact that all the other players they have purchased were good. Each player must be evaluated on their on characteristics, not as part of a vague trend.

do you deny that he is the best crosser in game of football and the great free-kick taker? What? a player must know to dribble to be great? He is one of best players in history on his position IMO. I remember the first game against Monaco....he played DM all the time...and the first time he had a chance to cross the ball(he switched positions with Figo),he tooked the cross and Ronaldo scored the header(!). And RuudVanHorsehead said: "talk about David whatever you want....but when he was here; Ive scored 2Xmore". Now you......:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)