Adrien Rabiot (43 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I agree, but it was simply an unfortunate situation. Nobody could predict last year, after three shitty seasons by Rabiot, that he'll have a season like this one. He didn't deserve a new or longer contract, hence why we won't earn anything from a sale :(
Indeed, I agree. Which why its set, there is nothing more to do than to enjoy the moment, for him and for the club. Unless he lowers demands all of a sudden.

Its always great to see a player explode like this to fulfill his potential, even if only for a season. Reminds me of Tevez coming from his shitty attitude in England, with months playing golf instead of football, then exploding into the player he could always be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
There's no way we should renew this guy. He's a ticking time bomb. This is absolutely the best he is capable of and will not last more than 1 year or so.
Renewing now would mean sooner or later he will go back to his former self and we'll be left with picking up the paycheck.

Letting him go for free would be the smartest thing we can do as he will get a huge paycheck from the likes of United and will go back to being piss poor.
So, we dodge a bullet and we give a wealthy club a good headache. That's a win in my book.
The only thing that would make sense is to renew him at current wages but he's not dumb, so I don't see that happening.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The lose-lose is already set imo, and it's for both parties.

He will be too expensive to renew and we will lose our season MVP. Most likely the replacement will not have this level, at least from the get go.

On the other hand, Rabiot found a coach, club, and system that fits him perfectly. I strongly doubt that Rabiot will play as well in any other club. He will have peaked here and will throw that away.
He will cash in, doubt he cares

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
You see this thing all the time in NHL or NBA. Mediocre or bad players playing their best seasons when their contracts are up, then signing the deal of their lifes only to get back to their usual level next season.

See Nazim Kadri in NHL this year. Dude was always average. Last season broke all his personal records, signed for gigantic contract at the age of 32 years and this year his numbers look exactly like for most of his career.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I always said he was the most talented midfielder we had prior to signing Pogba. He's obviously leaving but at least its during a time when we have a lot of good CM's on the books.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I always said he was the most talented midfielder we had prior to signing Pogba. He's obviously leaving but at least its during a time when we have a lot of good CM's on the books.
A lot of good CM's? Bar Fagioli and Loca, we are shit. Pogba is a big questionmark with his never ending iniuries, Miretti is not there yet and I wont comment on Paredes, Arhur, Zac and McBurger.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He's having the best season of his career. Convenient timing huh lol. I still feel like Rabiot is pulling a con, like hes Bernie Madoff and Juve are one of the schmucks he convinces to "invest" with him. But he's played so well you almost have to consider a new contract, even if you hate him, because there's a non zero chance he will sustain it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He's having the best season of his career. Convenient timing huh lol. I still feel like Rabiot is pulling a con, like hes Bernie Madoff and Juve are one of the schmucks he convinces to "invest" with him. But he's played so well you almost have to consider a new contract, even if you hate him, because there's a non zero chance he will sustain it.
Maybe or maybe not. But should we risk losing him for free or we offer him a new deal, and remain hopeful he improved his game and current version of Rabiot is the one we will be seeing in years to come?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah we can't renew this guy. We all know what is going to happen if we give him 10m at age 28. If he goes elsewhere and continues like this for a few months then so be it.
If he wants 10m, then goodbye. We arent in position to offer salaries that high so 0 regret if he emulates this kind of performances elsewhere. Id still use him until the end of season as long as he is playing like this.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Maybe or maybe not. But should we risk losing him for free or we offer him a new deal, and remain hopeful he improved his game and current version of Rabiot is the one we will be seeing in years to come?
I can't understand the problem with offering him two years contract given the fact that the tax concession applicable to foreign players.He has been phenomenal this year we need him as he is part of the functioning midfield that has helped us turnaround this season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The risk is a lot higher if you pay him as opposed to letting him walk for free imo. Because if he reverts back to what he was, we wont be able to dump him and no chance mommy accepts any sort of scenario where he's losing even a cent (ie termination)

If they let him walk, they can find a replacement. Personally, I'd rather bet on someone like Frattesi than Rabiot.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The risk is a lot higher if you pay him as opposed to letting him walk for free imo. Because if he reverts back to what he was, we wont be able to dump him and no chance mommy accepts any sort of scenario where he's losing even a cent (ie termination)

If they let him walk, they can find a replacement. Personally, I'd rather bet on someone like Frattesi than Rabiot.
Who is Fratessi? Rabiot is currently one of the best mids around and hes gonna be hard to replace.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rabiot game by numbers vs Inter:

▫️3/7 Ground duels won
▫️5/6 Aerial duels won
▫️2/2 Successful tackles
▫️7 Ball recoveries
▫️5 Passes into final third
▫️4 Clearances
▫️2 Chances created
▫️1 Interception
▫️1 Block
▫️1 Assist

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can't understand the problem with offering him two years contract given the fact that the tax concession applicable to foreign players. He has been phenomenal this year we need him as he is part of the functioning midfield that has helped us turnaround this season.
Will Rabiot accept a 2 year contract? I have serious doubts that he will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 27)