Adrien Rabiot (52 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Replacing him will be more expensive than keeping him. Back of the napkin math puts even Locatelli as more expensive than Rabiot. Rabiot currently costs us 10-11m per year because of the growth decree. So unless we find a comparable freebie or someone with low transfer fees, we will end up paying a lot more for a replacement especially if that replacement comes from Serie A.
Fuck, this is such a good point. The 30m wages alone will be less than the transfer fee for a good enough replacement

This is what happens when you don't have Marotta to find you bargains every mercatto.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Some people have short memory in here.

I'd say don't renew him at all. The red flags are everywhere for this one: the age, the demands, the shit attitude of the past few years from the guy. He's a mercenary who turns up when he feels like it and we know why he stepped up his game this year.

JJ's priority should be to grow the younger players and look around for more affordable options. It's not possible that Rabiot makes more than (or equal to) all Nipples starters combined, ffs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Replacing him will be more expensive than keeping him. Back of the napkin math puts even Locatelli as more expensive than Rabiot. Rabiot currently costs us 10-11m per year because of the growth decree. So unless we find a comparable freebie or someone with low transfer fees, we will end up paying a lot more for a replacement especially if that replacement comes from Serie A.
without bonuses:
- rabiot 9.5m
- locatelli 10.5m

this season the problem with rabiot isn't the cost. it's next season and the season after i have doubts about

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The truth is that u never know in football. He might turn shit again or hw might keep that quality for next few years. Luckily it's not us who will decide, hopefully this guys know more.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Even if he back to lazy mode we could always try to sell again and get some money.
But letting him in this form walk out for free? Hell naw. It's worth the gamble.
And I believe this Rabiot has changed to a real man :delpiero:

If we let him go, the replacement is probably bang average player like Frattesi which we'll stupidly pay with 30 mil

Jul 13, 2010
Some people have short memory in here.

I'd say don't renew him at all. The red flags are everywhere for this one: the age, the demands, the shit attitude of the past few years from the guy. He's a mercenary who turns up when he feels like it and we know why he stepped up his game this year.

JJ's priority should be to grow the younger players and look around for more affordable options. It's not possible that Rabiot makes more than (or equal to) all Nipples starters combined, ffs.
- He is not a visitor of JMedical;
- He is younger than i.e. SMS;
- Like others here said: even extending him at 10M/year for 3 years only costs 30Mil, while buying something better will probably cost close to 100mil, if not more;
- We can always sell him and profit.

We should extended him.

I would be more concerned with players on our payroll that does not fucking play, like Zakaria, Arthur or Pogba.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
- He is not a visitor of JMedical;
- He is younger than i.e. SMS;
- Like others here said: even extending him at 10M/year for 3 years only costs 30Mil, while buying something better will probably cost close to 100mil, if not more;
- We can always sell him and profit.

We should extended him.
One year younger? Does it make that much of a difference? I'll tell you what makes the true difference here: his attitude which is shitty once he gets the deal signed. We've been there before, haven't we?
Second point is undeniable but the math is wrong. 10M net is way closer to 20M without the growth decree. We don't know if he'll benefit from it too. Of course we can't sign a 100M WC CM but Rabiot has never been one to begin with too. Cheaper options are needed.
Third point? It's Rabiot and his momma that we talk about here, they're ready to take the club hostage and they decide. So it's not in the clubs' hands when it comes to this specific case. If he feels like it, he'll run down his contract here and the club won't have the balls to bench him, as he'd cost too much as a in-the-stands mascot.

Jul 13, 2010
One year younger? Does it make that much of a difference? I'll tell you what makes the true difference here: his attitude which is shitty once he gets the deal signed. We've been there before, haven't we?
Second point is undeniable but the math is wrong. 10M net is way closer to 20M without the growth decree. We don't know if he'll benefit from it too. Of course we can't sign a 100M WC CM but Rabiot has never been one to begin with too. Cheaper options are needed.
Third point? It's Rabiot and his momma that we talk about here, they're ready to take the club hostage and they decide. So it's not in the clubs' hands when it comes to this specific case. If he feels like it, he'll run down his contract here and the club won't have the balls to bench him, as he'd cost too much as a in-the-stands mascot.
ofc you just ignore the most important fact, he is PLAYING and PLAYING GOOD. He is always available, scores goals, recovers balls, provides assists, he's good in the air and physical.

If you pay so much attention to all that background noise like mommas and attitudes - good for you, but I pay attention to the pitch.

extend.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
ofc you just ignore the most important fact, he is PLAYING and PLAYING GOOD. He is always available, scores goals, recovers balls, provides assists, he's good in the air and physical.

extend.
I choose to ignore it because it's not his normal level and I prefer not to get tied (contractually) to a player with so many red flags for crazy amount of money. Three years of utter shittery sits too well in my memory and this one doesn't make up for it so easily.
We'll see. He should get better offers from EPL anyway so in the end the choice might not be ours (I mean, the club's).

Jul 13, 2010
I choose to ignore it because it's not his normal level and I prefer not to get tied (contractually) to a player with so many red flags for crazy amount of money. Three years of utter shittery sits too well in my memory and this one doesn't make up for it so easily.
We'll see. He should get better offers from EPL anyway so in the end the choice might not be ours (I mean, the club's).
But you will probably agree that the priority should be getting rid of Arthur, Zakaria, McKennie and Paredes first? These four will probably not gonna play, hopefully will not stay on our payroll as well (Paredes is dry loan with option so will be kicked anyway) - we will only have Pogba (always injured), Locatelli, Miretti, Fagioli and Barrenechea in the midfield. It's very poor quality and inexperienced midfield in my mind. Rabiot definitely adds quality to this bunch.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
He has been very good, last season too. This year he contributes in the final third and the team has developed well in recent months.
Yes, it's a lot of money etcetera but I will leave that discussion to y'all.
My question is; How will he fit with the next coach?
He works very well under Allegri because the way we play favors his strengths. In a possession based team I have more question marks, he will more or less be a more technical Matuidi in that context. Make runs to open space. Since he isn't a great passer, or dribbler, has functional technique but isn't creative. He is strong, fast and big, decent work rate and good stamina, and a lot less cowardly than in the past (I will never forget that moment when he was too afraid of the post). In a counter attacking team he fits very well. But he is also one of the reasons we play direct and lack creativity etcetera since two out of three CMs are B2Bs.
I'm not fond of the dude and worried this might come back and haunt us a year from now. But I'll understand if we extend his contract and I'll obviously support him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
But you will probably agree that the priority should be getting rid of Arthur, Zakaria, McKennie and Paredes first? These four will probably not gonna play, hopefully will not stay on our payroll as well (Paredes is dry loan with option so will be kicked anyway) - we will only have Pogba (always injured), Locatelli, Miretti, Fagioli and Barrenechea in the midfield. It's very poor quality and inexperienced midfield in my mind. Rabiot definitely adds quality to this bunch.
Oh, sure I can agree. If someone offered me the possibility of choosing between Pogba and Rabiot, I'd have shitcanned the first since I never really wanted him back here. He's totally useless, while Rabiot actually adds a lot (even if I don't believe he'd continue to do so after the renewal).
Worst case scenario for me is that both Pogba and Rabiot are on 10M net which would make them both #1 in the league. Imagine Pogba continues to be injured next year too and Rabiot reverts back to his old self. That while both would occupy #1 spot for highest salaries in the league. NIGHTMARE. Tici level of management. This scenario we can't afford IMO.

I agree there are other priorities when it comes to offloading players but we need to be realistic, it doesn't look so bright on the sales side:
- Arthur will remain on our payroll no matter what and this is a fact that needs to be remembered - even if we loan him out again, we'll be very lucky to find someone who (again) covers his full wages, let alone pay us something for the loan. All of that while his transfer fee still needs to be amortized and paid for. A lot of money
- McKennie (hopefully) is as good as gone. He plays at Leeds a lot and they have a chance to stay up :xfingers:
- Zakaria will be another loan just like Arthur, remaining on our books. No money from this one unfortunately.
- Paredes is the easiest one to get rid of, lucky us. I never wanted that washed up bum here. If it was up to me, Rovella would be with JJ this season instead of him.

The way I see it is that midfield doesn't need as urgent investments as other departments... but it requires cuts and that's why I'd be fine with big cuts here, while the money would be directed to other areas:
- If we stick to 352, we absolutely need at least a pair of wingbacks. Currently, the only reliable one is Kostic.
- If we move to 433 we need wingers: assuming that Di Maria is not sure of staying, we only have Chiesa.

In either case I'd love the club to push out Tek and Bonbon, as both are unreliable, old and make too much monies here. Buying a CB is a good idea regardless of everything tbh. Only Bremer and Danilo truly pull their weight here. A leftback is urgently needed too.

Jun 16, 2020
Oh, sure I can agree. If someone offered me the possibility of choosing between Pogba and Rabiot, I'd have shitcanned the first since I never really wanted him back here. He's totally useless, while Rabiot actually adds a lot (even if I don't believe he'd continue to do so after the renewal).
Worst case scenario for me is that both Pogba and Rabiot are on 10M net which would make them both #1 in the league. Imagine Pogba continues to be injured next year too and Rabiot reverts back to his old self. That while both would occupy #1 spot for highest salaries in the league. NIGHTMARE. Tici level of management. This scenario we can't afford IMO.

I agree there are other priorities when it comes to offloading players but we need to be realistic, it doesn't look so bright on the sales side:
- Arthur will remain on our payroll no matter what and this is a fact that needs to be remembered - even if we loan him out again, we'll be very lucky to find someone who (again) covers his full wages, let alone pay us something for the loan. All of that while his transfer fee still needs to be amortized and paid for. A lot of money
- McKennie (hopefully) is as good as gone. He plays at Leeds a lot and they have a chance to stay up :xfingers:
- Zakaria will be another loan just like Arthur, remaining on our books. No money from this one unfortunately.
- Paredes is the easiest one to get rid of, lucky us. I never wanted that washed up bum here. If it was up to me, Rovella would be with JJ this season instead of him.

The way I see it is that midfield doesn't need as urgent investments as other departments... but it requires cuts and that's why I'd be fine with big cuts here, while the money would be directed to other areas:
- If we stick to 352, we absolutely need at least a pair of wingbacks. Currently, the only reliable one is Kostic.
- If we move to 433 we need wingers: assuming that Di Maria is not sure of staying, we only have Chiesa.

In either case I'd love the club to push out Tek and Bonbon, as both are unreliable, old and make too much monies here. Buying a CB is a good idea regardless of everything tbh. Only Bremer and Danilo truly pull their weight here. A leftback is urgently needed too.
We signed Zakaria for peanuts so it will be a lot easier to sell him as opposed to Arthur.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The max we should do is his current salary with bonuses depending on performance, like he repeats current goal output etc.

But any notion of 10m should instantly be a red flag and fuck no.

He won't have that much options that will play him higher plus give him a key role to thrive in.
We should not be paying anyone 10m. Unless it's someone absolutely world class, which none of our current players (or for most part any of our targets) are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 32)