Adrien Rabiot (11 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
This is the shit thats infuriating about Rabiot. We can debate all we want about whether a theoretical pass wouldve made it to Miretti or not, but hes not even LOOKING to progress the ball. No manager, not even Allegri, is gonna get on his ass for turning the ball over attempting to play that ball, based purely on where they are on the field; you're not gonna score many goals moving the ball side to side (and in this case backwards) that deep in the opponents half.

I find it hard limiting this mentality to just him. The vast majority of our team has been plagued by this mentality of taking the safe option and being risk averse; this has been a common theme through the span of 3 different coaches.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I find it hard limiting this mentality to just him. The vast majority of our team has been plagued by this mentality of taking the safe option and being risk averse; this has been a common theme through the span of 3 different coaches.
It really is just him though, he ranks at or around the 10th percentile in progressive passes, switches, and long balls per 90. Meanwhile Locatelli is at least in the 70th percentile in all three.

Jun 27, 2011
It really is just him though, he ranks at or around the 10th percentile in progressive passes, switches, and long balls per 90. Meanwhile Locatelli is at least in the 70th percentile in all three.
He'll never be that kind of player. But in my opinion, he's the best of what we've got when it comes to implementing authority and gravity on the pitch. He's no doubt the hardest opposition to face from what we've got. If anyone is able to make a salad out of Verratti, it's him. If anybody is capable of winning his duel tonight, it's him.

That Inter game last year is very fresh in my memory. His performance in that game was the best i've seen from anybody in Juventus shirt for the last couple of years.
Our team fell apart when he went off against Roma. Locatelli turned into a baby.

Is he annoying? Sometimes. Is he capable of being the best player on the pitch? Absolutely.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He'll never be that kind of player. But in my opinion, he's the best of what we've got when it comes to implementing authority and gravity on the pitch. He's no doubt the hardest opposition to face from what we've got. If anyone is able to make a salad out of Verratti, it's him. If anybody is capable of winning his duel tonight, it's him.

That Inter game last year is very fresh in my memory. His performance in that game was the best i've seen from anybody in Juventus shirt for the last couple of years.

Is he annoying? Sometimes. Is he capable of being the best player on the pitch? Absolutely.
yes, but this all applies only if he cares, he will care tonight because he is fighting for fat contract this year, but dont get fooled by it. Once he signs that contract he is back to beign lazy bitch.

Jun 27, 2011
yes, but this all applies only if he cares, he will care tonight because he is fighting for fat contract this year, but dont get fooled by it. Once he signs that contract he is back to beign lazy bitch.
All i care about is maximizing our chances in each and every game. Fielding our best players. And he's very much one of our best.

This is why I never understood the call for him to be sold this summer. Some of the experts here can't think ahead and think Fagioli and Miretti are gonna wrech havoc against PSG. I'm not even entertained by the thought of it.

Jun 27, 2011
Zakaria's pass accuracy was better than Rabiot's while averaging one more progressive pass per/90.
There's a reason our team fell apart when Rabiot went off against Roma and Zakaria came on. And it isn't because of stats, or Zakaria averaging one more progressive pass per 90.

Football match isn't won by fielding players sorted by progressive passes. I don't know where you're going with this. Are you seriously suggesting we should (hypothetically) play Zakaria instead of Rabiot? You'll lose all accountability.

Take a second and read through this conversation again before you do.

PS. I only saw Zakaria pass to De Sciglio. I don't care if he had 100% pass accuracy. These passes were never really progressive.

Jul 28, 2002
Second goal tonight is on him.ball watching when his job was to protect the danger zone.

why does he get an easy ride from Max but mirretti bullied?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Lol the progression just dies at his feet, and his defensive work isn’t good enough to justify what we sacrifice going forward. He doesn’t make reads until the ball is at his feet.

just once I wanna see loca, Paredes, Fagioli, and Miretti start together. Look at PSG, what physical presence do they have in their midfield? They were starting two hobbits in the center. And they have superstars up front so they could afford to have someone like Rabiot starting more than we can.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
They stuck with the great idea to pass to the players iwth the same shirt, sometime they blast it to the stand to the supporter too because they wear black and white

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)