Adrien Rabiot (101 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You should stick around. I don't think anyone but Seven actually cares about the whole Trump thing but you know Seven...
Andy is human trash.

The Trump thing is just a symptom. He's an awful human being.

His assessment of Rabiot is accurate however.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rabiot: Juve 'level up' on PSG
By Football Italia staff

Adrien Rabiot assures he is ‘ready’ to make up for lost time at Juventus, who are a ‘level up’ on Paris Saint-Germain.
Rabiot was dropped for the second half of last season due to a contractual dispute with PSG, but the midfielder believes the stand-off has worked in his favour.
“I have to say the last six months have been rather complicated. In a sporting sense these things can happen, so I was quite ready for them,” he continued at his Juve unveiling.
“That chapter has closed, and this is a new and very nice adventure. I truly hope to do my best and I want to leave the past behind me.
“I would’ve preferred to close the previous phase in a better way, but it didn’t only depend on me and it went the way it did.
“Leonardo got in contact with my agent. He introduced himself and wanted to understand where things were, but I didn’t receive any offers.
“There was no attempt from PSG to retain me, and he realised [my time at PSG] was all over.
“I have to tell you that me coming here only became tangible recently. It went very quickly, I have to confess, because we reached an agreement in a short time. We didn’t have any problems at all.
“As for the great Frenchmen to have played here, this club have a great history so throughout it, great French players have played here. I hope to do my bit here too.
“Blaise played with me for several years so of course we get on very well. It’s true I’m a new player and there are other players who play in the same role.
“That’s something which usually happens, whether it is with Blaise or someone else. It doesn’t change our relationship or great friendship.
“Certainly, this a great and prestigious club. That means they have great international experience, even if the last few years they had some problems in the Champions League.
“Having said that they’ve always reached the latter stages. Therefore, in my opinion, they’re a level up on PSG and that’s why I made this season.
“I worked a lot with PSG, and I have to say the Champions League isn’t something that comes over night. You need to accumulate a lot of experience season after season.
“As for Juve, I’m here and I want to do my best, to help the club reach their targets and the Champions League is one of the most important.
“We must be very focused but not only on that. We need to go through the season step by step. I’ve come here with the aim of doing my bit.”
The 24-year-old has not played for France since refusing a place on their standby list for the 2018 World Cup, while his agent-mother has been described by some as a corrosive influence...
“I’m still a French player and if my performances are good, I hope to be an option and I’d be glad to play for the national team.
“I have to say that in a sporting sense, she’s my agent so obviously she plays an important role, we work well together, and she helps me in the way agents normally help their players.
“As for the relationship between a mother and son, that’s something different. As for our relationship in football, she’s always close to me and we work together very well.”

Rabiot: Buffon convinced me
By Football Italia staff

Adrien Rabiot has revealed that Gianluigi Buffon and the lure of playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo convinced him to join Juventus.
Juve unveiled Rabiot as their latest signing on Tuesday, the midfielder having completed his free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain just hours prior.
The midfielder played with Buffon at Paris Saint-Germain last season, and they could be about to link back up in Turin.
“We have had several contacts with Juve in the past, but it was a different time in my life, a different period for me,” explained the 24-year-old.
“Now was the right time for me to come here, and that’s why I’m here. I have to tell you that in the past season I talked a lot to Gigi.
“We had the opportunity to talk and he gave me lots of suggestions and advice. Of course, we talked a lot about Juventus, he knows the team and club very well.
“Obviously he was the best person I could talk to about this. His opinion matters a lot to me because Gigi is a person I had a great season with, also from a personal point of view as he is a friend of mine, so certainly he played a role too.
“He told me lots of interesting things about Juventus, that if I wanted to make further progress in my career, they would be the best way to achieve that.
“Certainly, they have a great added value compared to other clubs, so I took this advice very seriously.
“I often listened to him because he offered great advice. He made me think [about Juve] carefully and was persuasive.
“I spent seven years in Paris as a professional, so this is the first time I decided to play in a different League.
“My determination is always the same so now I’m going to play in Serie A with Juve, although nothing will change.
“I’ll always do my best and I’ll be as determined and committed as before. I’ll work hard to help the club and so we can move forward together.
“I haven’t met Sarri yet or had the opportunity to talk to him yet, but the people I’ve met so far at Juve have left a very positive impression, so I think his figure as a Coach definitely corresponds to the image and reputation of this team.
“Obviously I’ll be more than willing to listen to him and I’m absolutely sure that the club have made a great decision for the future of the team.
“As for my favourite position, you know it very well. I like to play as the left-central midfielder. Clearly, I’ve always played in a three but I can also play in a two.
“Again, as I said before, I’m very versatile and I can adapt to the team’s needs, but that’s my favourite position. As for my shirt number, it’ll be No 25.
“I have to say that I certainly have the opportunity to grow a lot by playing with top players.”
The Frenchman was then asked about the prospect of having Ronaldo as a teammate.
“Certainly Ronaldo is a great champion, as are many others, so obviously that played a role in my decision.
“I was aware of the fact that they were a great club. The atmosphere in the dressing room is very positive because all the players here are professionals and get on with each other.”

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, hope all is well.
at least you're alive :D

Gonna stick around for a bit or ride off into the sunset again?

- - - Updated - - -

Gigi helped :touched:

Agent Gigi.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus can tame Rabiot
The often fiery Frenchman joined Juventus on a free transfer and Vilizar Yakimov thinks Adrien Rabiot will be the missing piece of the midfield puzzle.

Adrien Rabiot might be only 24 years old, but it really seems that he has been around for a while. Standing at 188cm, the Frenchman possesses a colossus-like physique, which allowed him to start his professional career very early.
Prior to his move to Turin, Rabiot spent seven years at Paris Saint-Germain and registered 227 appearances for the French giants. The powerful midfielder made his senior debut for the club under Carlo Ancelotti in 2012 and has also represented his country at all levels starting from the U16’s.
What makes Rabiot special is the technical ability and quality in the defensive phase of the game, which combined with his pure physical prowess make him a truly dominant presence in the middle of the pitch. This makes him the perfect fit for Juventus, as none of the current midfielders at Maurizio Sarri’s disposal offers such a complete package.
Miralem Pjanic is undoubtedly Juventus’ best and most technically gifted midfielder, but his inability to protect the defence in the regista role has hurt the Bianconeri on more than one occasion. Blaise Matuidi was another pillar for Max Allegri’s team last year, but despite his impressive engine and dedication, the Frenchman doesn’t offer much with the ball at his feet.
Rodrigo Bentancur is too young and hasn’t proved himself yet, while Aaron Ramsey should help Juve’s struggles in that area, especially with his precisely timed runs in the attacking third and exquisite eye for a pass or goal. However, there is no doubt that the Welshman is a defensive liability, which means that combining him and Pjanic would leave the team dangerously unbalanced.
This means that Emre Can’s qualities are the closest to those of Rabiot, but the truth is the German international is nowhere near his new teammate in terms of consistency. While he can do many things, he rarely does them good enough simultaneously.
Despite being frozen out by the French champions since December 2018, Rabiot featured 22 times for the team in the first half of the season. He also averaged the staggering 2.8 aerial duels won in his five Champions League appearances, as well as 2.3 successful tackles in all competitions.
Rabiot’s stats contrast with Thomas Tuchel’s explanation for the exclusion of the 24-year-old from the team, as according to the tactician, Rabiot was excluded for poor performances. However, Rabiot was dropped from the squad during the peak of an Icardi-like contract renewal negotiations, so Tuchel’s words should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
The midfielder’s high economic demands, as well as his hot-headed character lead to leaking of information regarding his contract renewal in the media, which obviously lead to the club’s decision to freeze him out.
In all honesty, Rabiot’s handling of the situation is not surprising at all, as just a few months earlier he sparked another huge controversy publicly by refusing to be part of Didier Deschamps’ standby list for the World Cup last year.
"I suspected the impact of my decision, but I regret to be caricatured as a young immature player unable to measure the scope of his actions." That’s what Rabiot said after announcing his World Cup snub and the situation at his club in the following months showcased the heated side of his character.
However, if there is a club that can get the best out of a player like Rabiot, it has to be Juventus. Since the Bianconeri started their domestic dominance eight years ago, they had many complicated characters in their squad, but almost always managed to get the best out of them.
Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal, Paul Pogba, Mario Mandzukic, Leonardo Bonucci and many others played arguably their best football in the famous black and white jersey and if Conte was getting the majority of the credit during his era, Max Allegri showed that he’s equally capable of doing the same thing.
While both Conte and Allegri should be praised for the bigger part of their man-management in Turin, it’s always been clear that the strength of Juventus comes from the club itself. Beppe Marotta also left, but you would be dead wrong to think that Pavel Nedved, Fabio Paratici and Andrea Agnelli haven’t considered Rabiot’s hot-headed nature when signing him.
Therefore, regardless of his risky character, the €7m salary and the €10m agent commission fee, there is little doubt that Rabiot’s transfer to Juventus is a real bargain for the champions.
Much more composed and well-rounded than Emre Can, Adrien Rabiot could prove to be the big figure in midfield that Sarri’s Juventus so sorely needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Blanc: Rabiot needs managing
By Football Italia staff

Former Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc says Juventus need to ‘manage’ Adrien Rabiot but is confident they have signed a ‘great player’.
Rabiot finally ended speculation about his future on Monday as he joined Juve, and Blanc explained to Gazzetta dello Sport the type of player the Bianconeri had snapped up.
“He’s a box-to-box midfielder,” he told the newspaper.
“Rabiot has physical strength, which lets him go forward. He can easily project himself towards the opposing box, he has a powerful left foot and a great header.
“They need to know how to manage him, so he gets the opportunity to express himself in the hottest areas of the pitch, where matches are decided and where he never loses lucidity. He can only improve at Juve.”
The pair won three Ligue 1 titles together at PSG, but there are concerns over the 24-year-old’s character.
“Of course, precisely because he has character. Having character isn’t a flaw. Indeed, he has the quality of great players.
I remember his argument with Ibra, who respected him. He called him ‘petit Rabiot’ because he recognised [Rabiot] had the traits of the great player.
Adrien has temperament, but it’s necessary at big clubs. Perhaps his development has come a little late at 24, but his situation at PSG must be analysed properly.”
Finally, the ex-Inter defender was asked whether Rabiot could possibly become one of the Old Lady’s great Frenchmen.
Adrien isn’t a No 10 like Platini or a creative midfielder like Zidane. He plays deeper, even if he can express great quality in attack and defence.
“He remains a player with great potential.”

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've seen Rabiot play in person twice in Ligue 1 and have been impressed both times. What strikes me about him is that he seems to read the game well -- he doesn't put himself into poor positions with the ball, but at the same time is always "there" in support for a drop or lateral pass. And with that, he seems highly capable of winning balls as well – not so much through sheer physicality but rather timely interventions. It will be interesting to see where Sarri plays him, but if it was me, I’d have him holding in the center of the midfield three and let Pjanic have more freedom to roam. I think Rabiot would be wasted on the outside of a midfield three. He also has some technique and finesse as well. Excellent signing considering everything, IMO.

Whoa. Hold on . Let me log out and try this again. This can't be.......

BRB................................

Logging back in

Checking Rabiot Thread

ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had no one to brush my teeth for several years :touched:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rabiot is a great signing but I really hope Sarri can handle him as if Sarri will do to him as he did with Koulibaly I doubt Rabiot would act the same..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 84)