Abortion: where do you stand? (2 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Fabi, your very lucky in that case... unfortuanately its not like that in many places..

As you said.... You should.... unfortunately waht people should know / do is not the same as reality

Too many teenagers are jus running purely on hormones and really dont understand what they are doing, plus peer presure etc etc etc... the list is endless and in the cases of teens until education reaches a far higher level the problem wont go away... plus with hormones and general immaturity of many persons of that age the problem will never go away

With kids experimenting at ever younger ages this will only get worse
Thats true, but you cant blame having an abortion because you had an hormone rage.

For me is really hard to really be pro choice or pro life because both bands have really good points, and when I was younger I always thought that if I got pregnant Id surely abort, but Ive learned that it isnt really as easy like that, this is a huge issue we're talking about and maybe the only way those immature hormone raged teens will learn to be responsible for their actions is to have a baby at an early age and just have to deal with it...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
And I do think life is pretty unfair and ironic. Lots of people are sexually unchallenged and theyre dying to have a baby, and a someone with perfect sexual conditions wants to have an abort

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Thats true, but you cant blame having an abortion because you had an hormone rage.
I disagree, In the case of youngsters of 12 and 13 i think that is a reasonable conclusion

For me is really hard to really be pro choice or pro life because both bands have really good points, and when I was younger I always thought that if I got pregnant Id surely abort, but Ive learned that it isnt really as easy like that, this is a huge issue we're talking about and maybe the only way those immature hormone raged teens will learn to be responsible for their actions is to have a baby at an early age and just have to deal with it...
Personally i dont have any fixed thoughts on abortion, depends on the case in question... All i do know is that when my girlfriend (now wife) was pregnant at 15 (yes it was protected but these things happen) neither one of us gave abortion more than a seconds worth of thought, the idea was never even discussed, we couldnt have done it... but then jus cause i wouldnt doesnt mean i would think badly of someone that chose to

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++
    River prevention is something that you do before you have sex not after ....
    and would you really carry out the baby if you got raped ?

well i'm done in this thread and maybe even the whole forum
    c ya later
    Why? Are you leaving too?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Having a baby as punishment is hardly the right or smart thing to do Fabi.

++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Personally i dont have any fixed thoughts on abortion, depends on the case in question... All i do know is that when my girlfriend (now wife) was pregnant at 15 (yes it was protected but these things happen) neither one of us gave abortion more than a seconds worth of thought, the idea was never even discussed, we couldnt have done it... but then jus cause i wouldnt doesnt mean i would think badly of someone that chose to

You had a child when you were 15??? How was it like?

BTW, how old are you Paul?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

You had a child when you were 15??? How was it like?
    No, j had a misscarriage at 9 weeks

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah, but you gotta be responsible for what you do. Its like if I was in a car crash and kill someone, I gotta go to jail even if I dont did it on purpose.

I dont look bad at others who doesnt share my same point of view and I respect theirs, but as a woman I wouldnt want to put my life in risk by getting an abortion where Im not letting a new life that didnt have anything to do with my actions, live. If you get an abortion you have a chance of not being able to have children again.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Great thread btw Zlatan :)

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    now let's start an "affirmitive action," "gun control," and "capital punishment" thread... :D
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

And not to forget "euthanasia" :)

Actually, I'm going to do that too, I'm just waiting until this one aint interesting no more ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
    Murder is still legal in many countries;) Everything depends who does it;)
    In the USA, many that are against abortion would be pro death penalty (at least from what i managed to gather).
    But even there, you're supposed to have done something really, really bad before it's considered okay to kill you. What exactly has a foetus done?

And this is where the argument has to take direction.

Is it "moral-ethical" or "legal"? Is it "universal" or is it country, culture, situation based?

Bottom line, the truth will lie in the eye of the beholder.
    Legality decides whether or not it can be done, but morals and ethics must decide the law. Naturally, morals and ethics vary between countries, but show me the country which reckons its okay to murder on a whim.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Legality decides whether or not it can be done, but morals and ethics must decide the law. Naturally, morals and ethics vary between countries, but show me the country which reckons its okay to murder on a whim.
    Its about choice. In the first twelve weeks, you can't yet speak of a living thing so its not murder if it's removed.

Not that any man really has the right to point the finger here.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Hey what about those nutters who shoot doctors who perform perfectly legal abortions? Now THAT's messed up!
    I have to say I agree - you pressure to change the law, not take it into your own hands.
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Its about choice. In the first twelve weeks, you can't yet speak of a living thing so its not murder if it's removed.

Not that any man really has the right to point the finger here.
    That's a very big assumption. I don't see why it can't be called a life just because it's dependant - it has its own genetic identity, and at 10 weeks, the heart starts to beat, IIRC.

As for a man's right to impose such a decision, I think men have as much right to decide the ethics of their country as women, even if the case in question does have much more impact on women. While it's legal, of course the woman should make the decision, not questions asked, or fingers pointed, but she has to be aware of the consequences, and the options too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)