Abortion: where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
to Pro Life people:
what do you think about the day after pills ?
the ones that take care of it if you already messed up in the next 72 hours ? is that murder too when you're not even sure if you got pregnant ?

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++

yeah EXACTLY
you're 15 and you're pregnant, and you have a baby when you're 16, you never even considered having a child before, and YES you f*cked up. should you keep the baby ? if a child is unwanted then he/she probably won't be happy ..... and you probably seen some bad mothers and fathers, now if they WANTED the child they wouldn't be bad parents , would they ?
my mother had a few abortions before she had me, you know why ? because you couldn't get condoms back then .... and when she was ready to have a child, she did. well i'm glad i wasn't the unwated kid.

and i find it very ironic, how most of the guys are pro life and girls are pro choice ... alright enough or i'm gonna start crying
It dosent matter if you want the child or not. If you dont want it, have the child and give it up for adoption. Do you know how many couples want to adopt new born babies? LOADS. And you can hope that child has a good life, but even if it dosent it still has its life that its entitled to.

An unwanted child or a wanted child have one thing in common, sooner or later they turn into an adult. And im sure 90% of those adults are glad to have been given the chance to live their life.

The morning after pill isnt abortion. Its only a form of prevention.

And about in the case of a rape. Maybe there is more of a case to go through with abortion. But i still couldnt do it. Your the one responsible for taking that life. And i think research (although my memory is foggy on it) has shown that most rape victims who have the child, love that child and see it as something good coming from something bad. Again though, if you dont want the child. Adoption is the answer, not abortion.

Oh and im a women and im 100% against the 'womens choice to have a child' It isnt just a choice, theirs more to it than that :)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Going through the pregnancy and birth is also causing radical physical and pychological chagnes in women. It is not as simple to just "give birth" and give a child up for adoption....

River

Jun 15, 2004
Well any women who would worry about their physical and psychological state over that of their child is cold hearted.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Holland has an abortion law - it is legal to have the seed removed before it developes into a child. I don't know what the exact period is, I'm not very good with medical terms and all but once medical science speaks of a child inside a woman its illegal to have an abortion because by then its murder IIRC.

And that's a fine law imo. If the woman in question still decides she can't raise the baby, she can have it adopted.

Sep 28, 2002
i'm for abortion. its not right from child's point of view, but shit happens, if 14yr old gets pregnant, she cant just give a birth, she's nor ready for that neither mentally nor physically. shit, even if you're over 20, sometimes a unwanted child can ruin one's life for good.

erik, that period is 12 weeks in lithuania, i believe it's pretty universal across the world.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

If you cant take care of the child then why are you having sex!!! If youre not responsible enough to asume the consequences of your acts then dont do it
Interesting but bearing in mind that the average age for losing ones virginity (in the uk anyway) is 13 do you really think that argument stands up

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
River prevention is something that you do before you have sex not after ....
and would you really carry out the baby if you got raped ?

well i'm done in this thread and maybe even the whole forum
c ya later

River

Jun 15, 2004
River prevention is something that you do before you have sex not after ....
and would you really carry out the baby if you got raped ?

well i'm done in this thread and maybe even the whole forum
c ya later
Ive already said i would have the baby no matter what. If i decided i couldnt deal with it, id give the baby up for adoption.

Women need to get over themself when theres a wider issue.

Going through the pregnancy and birth is also causing radical physical and pychological chagnes in women. It is not as simple to just "give birth" and give a child up for adoption....
And this is kinda like:

Ive been married to a man for so many years, that man beat my physically and damaged me physcologically. I will never be the same physcologically or physically again. Myself and that other human being cant co-exist in the same universe. So im gonna kill him. Because ive made 'my womans choice'.

What a load of ....

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Interesting but bearing in mind that the average age for losing ones virginity (in the uk anyway) is 13 do you really think that argument stands up
Same here, and thats where the problem really is. When you're 13 you should be mature enough to understand what could happen. When youre 13 you should be able to understand the difference between whats right and whats wrong. Here in Venezuela, like 75% of teen pregnancy is because they didnt have enough sexual information and because the teen's parents didnt care about her (or she didnt have) so more sexual information should be implanted. Sexual education is very important, in my school (all girls school) we had sexual education from sixth grade until like ninth grade, showing and teaching us everything related to abortions, sex, etc. and in my school there hasnt been a teen pregnant since like eight years ago

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Same here, and thats where the problem really is. When you're 13 you should be mature enough to understand what could happen. When youre 13 you should be able to understand the difference between whats right and whats wrong. Here in Venezuela, like 75% of teen pregnancy is because they didnt have enough sexual information and because the teen's parents didnt care about her (or she didnt have) so more sexual information should be implanted. Sexual education is very important, in my school (all girls school) we had sexual education from sixth grade until like ninth grade, showing and teaching us everything related to abortions, sex, etc. and in my school there hasnt been a teen pregnant since like eight years ago
Fabi, your very lucky in that case... unfortuanately its not like that in many places..

As you said.... You should.... unfortunately waht people should know / do is not the same as reality

Too many teenagers are jus running purely on hormones and really dont understand what they are doing, plus peer presure etc etc etc... the list is endless and in the cases of teens until education reaches a far higher level the problem wont go away... plus with hormones and general immaturity of many persons of that age the problem will never go away

With kids experimenting at ever younger ages this will only get worse

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Another one:
how about getting pregnant from a rape, is it ok to kill the baby then ?
If you got raped then youre able to decide if you want to have it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)