Abdul Rahman Baba - FC Augsburg - LB (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Can anyone tell me anything about him? And since he's not german, at least we won't have to hear that there is NO WAY he would come to Serie A
I'd call him an offensive fullback. Good vision of the pitch, good crosser, can get caught out of position sometimes as he does look to go forward quite extensively but he has above average pace that enables him to get back and defend to cover his mistakes. He's very much like Pogba in that respect, his long, lanky frame and stride enable him to accelerate quickly and he is deceptively quick. Wouldn't call him overly fast but he's got some pace to him and he gets to his top speed very quickly with his long strides. He's very good at defending on his man and his on-the-ball defense is above average for an offensive fullback. He's a bit of a loner when it comes to defense as I think his communication or chemistry at Augsburg hasn't been the best. He lacks in the help-defense sometimes, ie: covering somebody else's man when they ask him.

I rate him decently but think his ability is a little lacking for Juventus at this time. Unless he would be brought in as our starting fullback 2-3 years down the road. He definitely offers things Evra and Asamoah cannot on the wing. Just my thoughts. However, I too would prefer Wendel at Leverkusen.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is anyone not a fan of bringing in players who have to leave for up to 2 months for AFCON every other year? They always come back in horrific form for the next month or so, so you end up with 3 months every other year with a useless player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)