Aaron Ramsey (15 Viewers)

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Why the hate on Ramsey getting #8? Ramsey is actually a WC player on his day, and you can see that with the way arsenal collapsed without him in the final stretch. He was their only top consistent midfielder.

If he can stay fit here, he’s gonna be a top, top player. He’s better than Ozil imo, and way more consistent

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Why the hate on Ramsey getting #8? Ramsey is actually a WC player on his day, and you can see that with the way arsenal collapsed without him in the final stretch. He was their only top consistent midfielder.

If he can stay fit here, he’s gonna be a top, top player. He’s better than Ozil imo, and way more consistent
Debatable if he has more quality than Oil overall, but he's 100 times more clutch and turns up for the big games more often than not.

May 23, 2013

Using the label "world class" very very very lightly

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Using the label "world class" very very very lightly
Have you seen him play? Or do you just assume he’s not a good player because he’s from wales and doesn’t have media popularity like other players do? He’s the most important mid and probably player at arsenal for the longest time. He scores goals and assists as well as always being involved in build up. Also defends, and runs the most out of his team mates. His only downside is that he’s injury prone.

I love marchisio like everyone else here does, but sometimes people give him more credit than he deserves. He was the weakest of the MVPP midfield, and gets too much praise just because it’s his boyhood club. He’s a club legend no doubt, but his number doesn’t hold that much importance, like that of Del pieros and Buffons for example.

May 23, 2013
Have you seen him play? Or do you just assume he’s not a good player because he’s from wales and doesn’t have media popularity like other players do? He’s the most important mid and probably player at arsenal for the longest time. He scores goals and assists as well as always being involved in build up. Also defends, and runs the most out of his team mates. His only downside is that he’s injury prone.

I love marchisio like everyone else here does, but sometimes people give him more credit than he deserves. He was the weakest of the MVPP midfield, and gets too much praise just because it’s his boyhood club. He’s a club legend no doubt, but his number doesn’t hold that much importance, like that of Del pieros and Buffons for example.
I've seen him play, he's a very good midfielder and arguably hit a world class level back in the 2013-14 season; however, since that season he has not hit the same level.

I think your selling Marchisio very very very short. At MVPP's peak 2014-15 season he was recognized world wide as the best Juventus midfielder that season....

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Are they definitely gone?
they're not fired yet, but I'd be very surprised if they remained. only scenario I can think of them remaining is if we make a Ferrara type of appointment where the coach doesn't have strong backing staff and it shouldn't happen at this point.

when Sarri took over at Chelsea, they wanted to keep one of the Conte's fitness guys, but he still brought over guys from Napoli as well. I don't see a reason why we'd insist on keeping our butchers, hopefully Allegri takes a job somewhere and poaches them from us.

Last edited:

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
I've seen him play, he's a very good midfielder and arguably hit a world class level back in the 2013-14 season; however, since that season he has not hit the same level.

I think your selling Marchisio very very very short. At MVPP's peak 2014-15 season he was recognized world wide as the best Juventus midfielder that season....
I think Ramsey has still kept up the same pace in recent years, just injuries have been halting any sort of consistency. I agree about marchisio being an amazing player, WC before injuries slowed him down (even coming back from one and still finding a spot in the team). I just think that, overall, Vidal and Pirlo were more important to the squad, and Pogba had more of a direct impact. But tbf to marchisio, our win percentage with him was so much better than without, and he was an obviously better leader than Pogba when they were the only two left.

I just tend to think that Juve fans have slightly overrated him over the years because he’s a youth product, which is understandable. But before Conte came, he wasn’t a world beater, and he only had 1-2 good seasons under allegri. 3-5 WC/Great seasons, which is great, but in comparison to legendary midfielders, it doesn’t seem nearly as good imho.

I do respect your opinion tho, and I am a fan of marchisio, don’t take it the wrong way :)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I think Ramsey has still kept up the same pace in recent years, just injuries have been halting any sort of consistency. I agree about marchisio being an amazing player, WC before injuries slowed him down (even coming back from one and still finding a spot in the team). I just think that, overall, Vidal and Pirlo were more important to the squad, and Pogba had more of a direct impact. But tbf to marchisio, our win percentage with him was so much better than without, and he was an obviously better leader than Pogba when they were the only two left.

I just tend to think that Juve fans have slightly overrated him over the years because he’s a youth product, which is understandable. But before Conte came, he wasn’t a world beater, and he only had 1-2 good seasons under allegri. 3-5 WC/Great seasons, which is great, but in comparison to legendary midfielders, it doesn’t seem nearly as good imho.

I do respect your opinion tho, and I am a fan of marchisio, don’t take it the wrong way :)
Juve were in shambles before Conte came how'd you expect Marchisio to perform as WC player when the entire team playing like shit and he was one of the youngster in the team. Though during that dark period he scored some beautiful goals one of them against Inter.
During Allegri era he was WC for 2 seasons but injury cut his career short. If not for that injury he would've had more WC seasons under Allegri and retire here.
Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba looked stronger because they have specialty in their game. Vidal with tackles and goalscoring instinct, Pirlo with passing, vision, and set pieces, Pogba with strong physique, dribble and technique. These kind of players tend to be rated higher but actually they have their own weaknesses. While Marchisio was solid 8 in all aspects, he did't steal spotlight but he was the one who made the team ticking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)