Aaron Ramsey - CM/AM - Arsenal (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba never played much alone together iirc. It was always Marchisio who was the glue that kept everything together. Pirlo was on his last legs and honestly we looked much better with just Marchisio in his place. Vidal was playing injured the whole season and Pogba missed the most important part of the season (Dortmund 2nd leg to RM 2nd leg). Marchisio was so good and consistent that year it was crazy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Firstly, I doubt he's gonna improve this squad. Ramsey can improve teams like Inter, Roma, Milan and Napoli maybe. Not Juventus.

Secondly, even if he improves it doesn't mean much simply because we're overpaying.

But hell, I'll even close my eyes if somebody thinks that Ramsey is good enough which he clearly isn't imo, I just have to point out his injuries. It's so stupid that people keep ignoring this. Signing an injury prone player is simply horrible and brainless. People are just ready to defend every fucking transfer we make, simply because they think they are bigger and better fans. It's always been like that. Even if we sign a literal shit that stinks I'm sure plenty of people would say Paratici/Moratta/whoever made a brilliant move.
Look, i'm sure most people will agree that normally the likes of Can and aged Sami aren't what a Juve midfield is supposed to look like, same goes for Ramsey. But our mid is what it is. Ramsey is able to drive the ball forward and adds a creative element to our mid that simply is not present at the moment, and therefore i consider him a welcome addition to the squad.

I agree his wages are insane though, but i'm at a point where i'm desperate for midfielders, so i'll gladly take him.

The last point - you should know i'm not that kind :p
If i think we're signing a shite player, i'll say so.

- - - Updated - - -

man, how did you find tuz? and why?
No idea where that nutcase came from all of a sudden.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Listen to my boy Daidevil

So I'm not seeing much about this in media. I'm guessing it is happening in summer then rather than January? tbh that makes it less appealing

@Badass Dybala what's your opinion on this transfer, friend?

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
To mention Pirlo, Vidal and the likes is pointless now. The only question you have to ask yourself is "Is Ramsey going to improve our CURRENT midfield?" And the answer to that is a clear "Yes".

So it's a good transfer from a sporting perspective.
It's pointless now, but we should keep pushing to improve our midfield. If Allegri can't see that our midfield is a potential Achilles heel and persists with his favorites, then perhaps it's time for a new direction. We can't come out and say we harbor ambitions of competing and winning in Europe and then have a rather poor midfield in comparison to the other major competitors.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's pointless now, but we should keep pushing to improve our midfield. If Allegri can't see that our midfield is a potential Achilles heel and persists with his favorites, then perhaps it's time for a new direction. We can't come out and say we harbor ambitions of competing and winning in Europe and then have a rather poor midfield in comparison to the other major competitors.
Strange to blame our mid problem on Allegri. Give him better mids and he'll play them. I doubt he doesn't/hasn't asked for better mids. Ultimately not up to him to sign them.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Strange to blame our mid problem on Allegri. Give him better mids and he'll play them. I doubt he doesn't/hasn't asked for better mids. Ultimately not up to him to sign them.
I'm not blaming him, but maybe he doesn't necessarily see it as a problem and is happy with what he has. Perhaps he has reached saturation point; I don't really know. Napoli always seem to be targeting exciting young mids and, to be honest, I am somewhat envious of their midfield options. There's an abundance of talent in France and Germany. There are also teams like Empoli in Italy that have interesting prospects, so maybe we should be looking there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know about that. People were pissed when we lost Vidal, Pogba and Tevez. Even some other names but to a less extent.

He also asked quite a lot of money at Arsenal but they refused from what I've heard. I can't blame them. Half of the time spent there he was injured.
Yeah and others pointed out that they weren't quite what was being made out by others. Everyone has their own take on players and the wider picture, but generally I form my own opinion of players once they've been here for a while. Listening to fans saying how they won't miss him and all these things, it remains to be seen but it doesn't make him a lesser player because fans try to save face. Arsenal fans pretending they are as big or illustrious as Juventus are kidding themselves, both now and over history. Sometimes players like to try something new. Maybe Arsenal will find another Fabregas like they did after Vieira, but generally they are a tier 2 team for the last multiple seasons.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Arsenal broke their wage structure when they renewed Ozil. His wages put the club in a predicament where they can't have any other earners beyond a 200K salary (he earns in excess of 300K & Aubuameyang in excess of 250K). It means they can't sign any big names and also why they were reluctant to increase Ramsey's wages to meet his demands (not necessarily implying he is worth those demands).

Jun 6, 2015
Ramsey isn't shit like some would like to believe. He is a good player who on form has the ability to be really good. Sadly injuries and inconsistency have prevented him from fulfilling his early potential. I'm hopeful that changing from the volatile atmosphere at Arsenal to the professionalism at Juventus will help him. He has never trained with players like Chiellini and Ronaldo.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Ramsey isn't shit like some would like to believe. He is a good player who on form has the ability to be really good. Sadly injuries and inconsistency have prevented him from fulfilling his early potential. I'm hopeful that changing from the volatile atmosphere at Arsenal to the professionalism at Juventus will help him. He has never trained with players like Chiellini and Ronaldo.
Welcome back!

Oct 23, 2011
As long as he is not our main reinforcement in midfield (which I highly doubt he is) this is a pretty good transfer. He will bring certain characteristics that our current midfielders lack, such as carrying the ball forward and a little bit of additional creativity. Just wish we could bring him in this month.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
As long as he is not our main reinforcement in midfield (which I highly doubt he is) this is a pretty good transfer. He will bring certain characteristics that our current midfielders lack, such as carrying the ball forward and a little bit of additional creativity. Just wish we could bring him in this month.
He very well could be if we spend our budget on de Ligt which I wouldn't mind at all.

And agreed, while not the top WC CM we've been craving, he's good or quite decent at almost all the things we're missing in midfield and final third. Should be an important role player like Matuidi minus the winner's experience and when fit.

Even if you think his salary is too high, it's still a good transfer on a free unless you think this type of players can be bought for 25m.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Napoli always seem to be targeting exciting young mids and, to be honest, I am somewhat envious of their midfield options. There's an abundance of talent in France and Germany. There are also teams like Empoli in Italy that have interesting prospects, so maybe we should be looking there.
Our midfield recruitment is absymal. We let talented players like Lucas Torreira, Fabian Ruiz and Giovanni Lo Celso go to less attractive clubs like Arsenal/Napoli/Betis while we persist with mediocrity in our midfield. We allowed Napoli to take both Allan and Jorginho while we settled with shit like Hernanes, Lemina and Sturaro.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'm not blaming him, but maybe he doesn't necessarily see it as a problem and is happy with what he has. Perhaps he has reached saturation point; I don't really know. Napoli always seem to be targeting exciting young mids and, to be honest, I am somewhat envious of their midfield options. There's an abundance of talent in France and Germany. There are also teams like Empoli in Italy that have interesting prospects, so maybe we should be looking there.
They do have a better midfield than ours overall, but I'm only envious with Allan.

He's finally getting the recognition because Napoli played Pool and PSG.

It was stupid to not buy him for 13m or whatever measly sum he cost. We wouldn't be having this ongoing problem.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's not as if he's a softy who gets injured with the slightest knock. He suffered a horrific double fracture almost ten years ago that would end many footballers careers on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)