Aaron Ramsey - CM/AM - Arsenal (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
that's what i,m saying. You want Matuidi or Pjanic closer to the opponents goal?
If pjanic goes only Matuidi can get back on the breaks in time. If Matuidi goes they both will get back. Also it helps offensively to presser high up the field and Pjanic cant do that so I prefer Matuidi bc I honestly think he we are more offensive with that

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #383
    If pjanic goes only Matuidi can get back on the breaks in time. If Matuidi goes they both will get back. Also it helps offensively to presser high up the field and Pjanic cant do that so I prefer Matuidi bc I honestly think he we are more offensive with that
    If Dybala could learn what Max wants him to do we'd be perfect. Pjanic could be that guy too who can get that ball on the flanks or the last pass and get CR7, Mario vs the keeper. Ramsey can do that. It'll be interesting to see how we'll play with Ramsey.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Italian papers have very positive opinion regarding this transfer. Only tuZ is rather negative ;). He's coming for free lads.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T235 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Most of the naysayers will fall in line when they see him playing for us. Not WC but ticks all the boxes in regards to what we lack and need in midfield and the attacking third: speed, counterattacking ability, driving the ball forward, long-range shooting, goals and assists from midfield, and good recovery speed. Creativity is the only thing missing.

Not the WC CM who would take us to the next level, but he'll "complete" the team and make us more functional and flowing. He will play an important role like Matuidi. Lack of a mezzala is a key weakness right now.

I really hope he arrives this month.

His injury history is the one big negative. Not salary or quality.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    It doesn't matter if he comes now or in June (preferably now). If he is the only midfield reinforcement we're looking at, then it's not enough and totally underwhelming.
    Numbers wise we are packed, so unless someone else leaves in addition to Khedira, i think we stay put. Or we sacrifice depth in other areas (CB?) to strengthen the midfield

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I think Ramsey loses a decent amount of allure if the signing is for June. It's already a short-term move but it would very logical to make the move in January considering how big of a chance we have this year regarding the CL.

Once you let January pass and go into the summer, the big teams start fixing all their problems, Ronaldo grows a year older, and the move makes less sense.

It's not that I would be against it in June but it makes so much sense for January that it's almost no-brainer territory considering our chances and positional need.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    I think Ramsey loses a decent amount of allure if the signing is for June. It's already a short-term move but it would very logical to make the move in January considering how big of a chance we have this year regarding the CL.

Once you let January pass and go into the summer, the big teams start fixing all their problems, Ronaldo grows a year older, and the move makes less sense.

It's not that I would be against it in June but it makes so much sense for January that it's almost no-brainer territory considering our chances and positional need.
    I think the club knows Ramsey is needed now.

The problem is Arsenal doesn't want to let him go. It's understandable why. He's their first pick for third line.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I think the club knows Ramsey is needed now.

The problem is Arsenal doesn't want to let him go. It's understandable why. He's their first pick for third line.
    I wonder if such a bottom line driven plusvalenza team like Arsenal would be enticed by something like 10M to sell him now and whether it would still make financial sense for us.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    I wonder if such a bottom line driven plusvalenza team like Arsenal would be enticed by something like 10M to sell him now and whether it would still make financial sense for us.
    They're fighting for 4th place, and Ramsey is important for them. Emery also said as much publicly. Unfortunately, I don't think we've much chance of signing him now. Only possibility is if Ramsey starts to throw a hissy fit and really wants to leave now.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    He could say that he served them well yet they block his future...
    He is being a pro though.
    Good points made, another one is that chances are that he will be injured by the end of the season.
    We know we get damaged goods, a player at 28-29 has shown what there is to show.
    EPL players have a very difficult time in Italy, they cant use their pace, more technique is demanded, too old to learn knew tricks, tactical discipline demands defending and Max is adamant on that.
    Ramsey is going to have a hard time, comparisons of his salary and performance wont help him.
    His best bet is to see us selling Pjanic...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)