Aaron Ramsey - CM/AM - Arsenal (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Am I alone here to think he will be very good complimentary for us? If he is healthy that is, will add much needed creativity/and directness in midfield that no one in our midfield can offer right now, except for Pjanic, and he plays the furhest back of all.

That is if he comes now in January, is someone who makes much more sense now then in summer when we should have more wide array of options to sign. Even if reason he is coming is because he is free.

But he is easily superior to the Can we signed (not sold, very much doubt I will be any time soon), and Khedira is just done, stick a fork in him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Am I alone here to think he will be very good complimentary for us? If he is healthy that is, will add much needed creativity/and directness in midfield that no one in our midfield can offer right now, except for Pjanic, and he plays the furhest back of all.

That is if he comes now in January, is someone who makes much more sense now then in summer when we should have more wide array of options to sign. Even if reason he is coming is because he is free.

But he is easily superior to the Can we signed (not sold, very much doubt I will be any time soon), and Khedira is just done, stick a fork in him.
:tup:

Whenever I have watched him play for Wales, I've been impressed by him. When he plays for Arsenal (at least recently), I have been far less impressed, but that could have something to do with the general dysfunction surrounding Arsenal of the past few years. He seems to be performing better even for Arsenal this year, now that Wenger is gone. Has 6 assists already. We could use a player who can provide assists and final balls to our attackers out of the midfield.

You're exactly right imo about it being a good signing in winter, but perhaps not so great in summer. People expecting a big CM signing of a top player mid-season are always going to be disappointed, the market just isn't there for desirable players and prices are silly as teams are extremely reluctant to let their best players go for obvious reasons, and the signings often don't work, due to the trouble integrating top players into a team mid-season. So a low price move for a player with good upside like Ramsey seems a good move to me.

However, I'm not sure why Arsenal would sell him to us mid-season, while locked in a top 4 battle for a CL spot next year. Especially for peanuts.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He was 8 when he 1st arrived, dont remember anymore when exactly he changed. His memorable goal vs Real came with 8 for example

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Whenever I have watched him play for Wales, I've been impressed by him. When he plays for Arsenal (at least recently), I have been far less impressed, but that could have something to do with the general dysfunction surrounding Arsenal of the past few years. He seems to be performing better even for Arsenal this year, now that Wenger is gone. Has 6 assists already. We could use a player who can provide assists and final balls to our attackers out of the midfield.

You're exactly right imo about it being a good signing in winter, but perhaps not so great in summer. People expecting a big CM signing of a top player mid-season are always going to be disappointed, the market just isn't there for desirable players and prices are silly as teams are extremely reluctant to let their best players go for obvious reasons, and the signings often don't work, due to the trouble integrating top players into a team mid-season. So a low price move for a player with good upside like Ramsey seems a good move to me.

However, I'm not sure why Arsenal would sell him to us mid-season, while locked in a top 4 battle for a CL spot next year. Especially for peanuts.
Imo hes the type of player we need next to Pjanic and Matuidi. Mezzala with good workrate and endproduct. So as a fit, he makes perfeft sense. What im not sure about is, and thats also because i havent seen him much in recent years, what level of performance he can bring in that role. But hes been a starter for one of the best english clubs for years, and knowing our board (remembering that we were linked to him in previous mercatos too and seeing how quickly we finished this), we probably have been following him for a while, so we must rate him highly then. Bonus is hes even younger than i thought he is, so a good 5-6 years of his prime ahead of him. Has all the signs of another Juve classic

Last edited:

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Can't say I've watched him too much, but recall him stepping off with an injury more than a couple of times. He has qualities though. Thought he was older than he is too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He was 8 when he 1st arrived, dont remember anymore when exactly he changed. His memorable goal vs Real came with 8 for example

- - - Updated - - -

Imo hes the type of player we need next to Pjanic and Matuidi. Mezzala with good workrate and endproduct. So as a fit, he makes perfeft sense. What im not sure about is, and thats also because i havent seen him much in recent years, what level of performance he can bring in that role. But hes been a starter for one of the best english clubs for years, and knowing our board (remembering that we were linked to him in previous mercatos too and seeing how quickly we finished this), we probably have been following him for a while, so we must rate him highly then. Bonus is hes even younger than i thought he is, so a good 5-6 years of his prime ahead of him. Has all the signs of another Juve classic
Lol wut mate? He plays for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)