Aaah, the drama in Rome... (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Ooft, welcome to the forums. I think your main problem is separating the geniune, intelligent posters from the idiots. Every forum will have its idiots, like it or not its a fact. We can't do a great deal about such people throwing insults at your team, I just hope you don't take them to heart because for us, they are frankly embarassing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
secondly talk about "controvercial" buying. MEXES anyone ?
Sorry, but what does Mexes have to do with the rivalry between Juve and Roma? This is precisely why these discussions tend to degenerate into idiocy.

I don't want to defend everyone on the Roma-Addict board - as I said we have had some troublemakers recently - but I have met people from the Roma-Addict site in Rome and we've been in bars with Juventini and swapped a few good-natured jibes but all enjoyed ourselves. Sadly this doesn't tend to happen on the internet because people can say anything without fear of repercussion.

I apologise if this is making too much of a generalisation, but the following (made up) quote doesn't seem too out of the question.

"oooh, look who it is. A pathetic Rubentus fan who wants to join Roma because he's realised that his team suck. Piss off, we don't need gloryhunters like you."
What did you expect? The truth? "You already had a formidable squad and now with Capello, perhaps the best manager in Italy, Emerson, a true world-class talent, and Ibrahimovic, who we wanted, you're going to be very hard to stop." That might have made you happier but I guess we didn't want to give you the satisfaction because of the bad timing thing.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ooft ] ++

Sorry, but what does Mexes have to do with the rivalry between Juve and Roma? This is precisely why these discussions tend to degenerate into idiocy.

nothing but the you as being a roma fan please do not talk to us about controvercial buyings (whether this concerns the juve-roma rivalry or not) .

as Paolo_Montero said - it is easy to fall into stereotypes and what the other people who joined have said just backs up those stereotypes even more

gray

Apr 22, 2003
What did you expect? The truth? "You already had a formidable squad and now with Capello, perhaps the best manager in Italy, Emerson, a true world-class talent, and Ibrahimovic, who we wanted, you're going to be very hard to stop." That might have made you happier but I guess we didn't want to give you the satisfaction because of the bad timing thing.
I wasn't expecting that, but you know you're going to two different extremes here. Is it really too much to ask for that not every single fan who supports a rival side isn't met with a barrage of insults and profanity?

Anyway, I'm not gonna take this any further and shoot the messenger here, cos I know you're not here to represent the population of fools at Roma-Addict whose vocabulary doesn't extend beyond four letter words.

As Paolo_Montero said, I just hope you don't take the sample space of troublemakers who join your forums and use that to generalise all of our fans

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

As Paolo_Montero said, I just hope you don't take the sample space of troublemakers who join your forums and use that to generalise all of our fans
Roma fan

what do you expect people to do ? of course they will exploit the sittuation for their own benefit. its just sad that most people cannot have nice constructive conversations with others that have a different opinion

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++nothing but the you as being a roma fan please do not talk to us about controvercial buyings (whether this concerns the juve-roma rivalry or not) .
I agree the Mexes buy was controversial, so I'll call Capello and Emerson's move controversial if I want to. It's just that Mexes has absolutely nothing to do with why Gray got a hard time from some of our members.

Is it really too much to ask for that not every single fan who supports a rival side isn't met with a barrage of insults and profanity
We have a resident Laziale who makes valued contributions, although around derby time things can get heated we know he's not there just to be disruptive. It might take a while but if Juve fans aren't disruptive they'll be accepted eventually. Just please don't bombard our site with idiocy around the game in Turin, okay?

Jan 7, 2004

I agree the Mexes buy was controversial, so I'll call Capello and Emerson's move controversial if I want to. It's just that Mexes has absolutely nothing to do with why Gray got a hard time from some of our members.

you guys were smarter than Auxerre we were smarter than you. simple as that. why blame Juventus ? blame the managment that put you in this situation.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's just that Mexes has absolutely nothing to do with why Gray got a hard time from some of our members.
btw I'm not having a cry about my personal experience with the members at Roma-Addict; I didn't expect much less than that, and I wasn't offended or anything :). I'm just speaking generally about the widespread attitude of xenophobia over there, and I'm glad we could hear this from the point of view of a RA member.
Just please don't bombard our site with idiocy around the game in Turin, okay?
that was never the plan :)

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
you guys were smarter than Auxerre we were smarter than you. simple as that. why blame Juventus ? blame the managment that put you in this situation.

I am not blaming Juventus for anything. I'm not blaming anyone, that's the way it goes sometimes. Please don't say I'm saying things that I'm not! All I am saying is that no matter the rights and wrongs of it it makes the rivalry more intense for a while.

Jan 7, 2004

I am not blaming Juventus for anything. I'm not blaming anyone, that's the way it goes sometimes. Please don't say I'm saying things that I'm not! All I am saying is that no matter the rights and wrongs of it it makes the rivalry more intense for a while.

and this year (different from last) we actually have a chance to make it a rivalry.

should we as juventini not cherish the sweet change of events ? try to put yourself in our place.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think he's saying that we're not allowed to cherish the moment for ourselves, but I'd have to agree that storming the Roma forums and rubbing it in their faces is a little inappropriate. Maybe if we'd been there for a certain amount of time, it'd be a friendlier rivalry, but the general concensus over there is just that we're glory-hunters out there to have a laugh.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I don't think he's saying that we're not allowed to cherish the moment for ourselves, but I'd have to agree that storming the Roma forums and rubbing it in their faces is a little inappropriate. Maybe if we'd been there for a certain amount of time, it'd be a friendlier rivalry, but the general concensus over there is just that we're glory-hunters out there to have a laugh.

but we are glory-hunters and ffs we have a right to rub in their face. i have got enough shit from romanisti. enough is enough.

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
I don't believe you man. I only joined this forum today. How could I have given you shit when we won 4-0? If you're gonna keep slinging imaginary accusations at me I'll just go back to my own little Roma world. It's not very pleasant right now losing 3-0 to Bologna but at least I don't have to put up with people accusing me of non-existent crimes.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
I think Roma is sinking and all the rats are going to jump the boat.

Starting with totti. I see him going in the Winter market. Marrying a greener pasture.

xziz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)