2 Maicon - 15 Vidic - 3 Chiellini - 5 Puyol

4 Essien - 8 Gerrard

7 Ronaldo - 22 Kaka'

9 Torres - 10 Del Piero (C)​

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even Boumsong has his good days.

Two months does not make a World 11, IMO.
Fair point. But Carvalho has been out, Terry hasn't been as good as he once was, Chiellini hasn't been at his best, and Real Madrid's defense hasn't looked that great either. I don't really know who else to put in there except for maybe Ferdinand.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fair point. But Carvalho has been out, Terry hasn't been as good as he once was, Chiellini hasn't been at his best, and Real Madrid's defense hasn't looked that great either. I don't really know who else to put in there except for maybe Ferdinand.
umm Vidic? If you pretend the CL final never happened, he was the best CB in the world this season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Carvalho hasn't been at his best for a good 2 years. And agreed about Chiellini. You may have a point that of a World 11 of the past couple months, Pique makes a case. But I honestly would hope we could find a better centerback than that overall. Vidic is clearly there.

I hate to say it, but Ferdinand is pretty good but I might have to give the nod to Terry for what he adds in other dimensions for the position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)