Is it okay to torture newborn babies?

• Yes

• No

• I Eat Babies

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What's up with all these new threads? "circumcision: yes or no", "is it ok to enslave people", "can we kill babies", etc. Why not just consolidate into one big "stupid questions" thread?

OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #25
    Burke.. Is it too late to change the question into," Is it moral to torture babies if your moral standard suggests it is moral" ?

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30
    ßüякε;2008683 said:
    Exactly.

Then everyone would answer yes.
    Just because you think you are doing something morally, you think this automatically deems you actions as moral?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Is it moral to refer to arabs as towel heads and blacks as niggers as long as you think it's moral?*

*Not intended to offend to arabs and blacks.

Apr 12, 2004
    Just because you think you are doing something morally, you think this automatically deems you actions as moral?
    Your question makes no sense. You are asking people if it is okay to do something even if they already think it's moral to do so.

If a guy loves shoes and you ask him if it's moral to wear shoes, of fucking course he'll say yes. HE'S A SHOE WEARER!

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #34
    ßüякε;2008690 said:
    Your question makes no sense. You are asking people if it is okay to do something even if they already think it's moral to do so.

If a guy loves shoes and you ask him if it's moral to wear shoes, of fucking course he'll say yes. HE'S A SHOE WEARER!
    You are misunderstanding my question man. Let me put it this way.

If I went and killed 20 chinese people because I believe it is morally right to do so, are my actions justified? Because technically, I am just acting according to my moral standard right? I'm doing nothing wrong, right? But that's NOT the case, I AM doing something wrong, regardless of what I think.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

If I went and killed 20 chinese people because I believe it is morally right to do so, are my actions justified? Because technically, I am just acting according to my moral standard right? I'm doing nothing wrong, right? But that's NOT the case, I AM doing something wrong, regardless of what I think.
    It's called insanity. Not being able to tell right from wrong.

There are societal norms and I think the forum has established that. The real question is what is your motivation behind constantly asking the same thing over and over?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Justified? What do you mean by that, because we live in a world governed by law, so if you would do somewhere where it is against law it wouldnt be justified, if you were in some country where people eat chinese for diner then yes, you would be justified.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It's called insanity. Not being able to tell right from wrong.

There are societal norms and I think the forum has established that. The real question is what is your motivation behind constantly asking the same thing over and over?
    He doesn't know the difference between subjective and objective. He has no idea what the two words really mean. Because of this he's confused and is asking irrelevant questions.

JR:

Subjective = from the subject

;)

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #40
    He doesn't know the difference between subjective and objective. He has no idea what the two words really mean. Because of this he's confused and is asking irrelevant questions.

JR:

Subjective = from the subject

;)
    I do know the difference between the two words. idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)