A Question of Morality (1 Viewer)

Is it okay to torture newborn babies?

• Yes

• No

• I Eat Babies

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
If I thought it was okay to torture new-born babies for pleasure, and according to my personal moral standard, it was perfectly fine to do so.

Am I being moral or immoral?

Can I we get a poll on this mods? Thanks.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5
    ßüякε;2008488 said:
    Are you going to turn this into an abortion thing?
    Certainly not. This has nothing to do with abortion. I'd like to see whether people believe that morality is relative to the individual or not.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    It's a genuine question that can lead me to understand whether most people agree with the postmodernist theory or rather the objective morality theory.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You do know Dick Cheney's answer depends on whether or not the newborn baby may have overheard prenatal terrorist plots that make it worth waterboarding.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #13
    That's not the question you wanted to ask, is it? (I mean the poll question)
    To be more precise, I wanted to ask that if we thought our moral standard allowed us to torture new-borns, would it then be moral to do so?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    To be more precise, I wanted to ask that if we thought our moral standard allowed us to torture new-borns, would it then be moral to do so?
    I don't think Erik the Red and his Viking men really thought there was a problem with torturing the newborns of the vanquished, for example.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    I don't think Erik the Red and his Viking men really thought there was a problem with torturing the newborns of the vanquished, for example.
    Well, that's why I am asking this. If some people believed torturing newborns is a moral thing to do, who are we to say it is immoral. That is, if moral relativism is indeed true.

This is my argument. Regardless of what we may think about torturing new-borns, it is objectively wrong to do so.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Well, that's why I am asking this. If some people believed torturing newborns is a moral thing to do, who are we to say it is immoral. That is, if moral relativism is indeed true.

This is my argument. Regardless of what we may think about torturing new-borns, it is objectively wrong to do so.
    I guess you're going to have to exhume Erik and tell him that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)