A present day Moses (21 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The only thing one needs to do is take a look at the Dow Jones Industrial Index, drive (in your gasoline-powered automobile) to the nearest dealership while observing what cars share the roadway, and look at the list price of an electric-powered car. That's when it becomes apparent we still have a long ways to go.

This isn't even taking into account the oil needed to produce millions of products.

Tell me, what is there to replace oil in our oil-consuming worldly economy?
Well duh. We've only started taking it seriously.
We'll replace it with maybe bio-fuel or electricity i'm not sure i'm no scientist.
In regards to how the economy will deal with it. Are you saying without oil an economy can't exist? As long as demand is the same for its replacement the world economy will be unaffected in the long term. If the world opts for electricity the economy will keep itself busy make solar farms, hydro electrical plants etc. which creates just as many if not more jobs. The transition is the tricky part but there are some forward thinking politicians and economists smart enough to figure that out for us so we don't have to.

Anyway i'm off to bed

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm catholic and i have unsafe sex all the time. Catholics do not preach the evilness of condoms lol. Though it does contradict its views on sex. Its a point where i disagree with the church. They're scared it will lead to more casual sex before marriage. They're not out their to kill africans.
Same here. Can't feel shit with a condom on.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #245
    I'm catholic and i have unsafe sex all the time. Catholics do not preach the evilness of condoms lol. Though it does contradict its views on sex. Its a point where i disagree with the church. They're scared it will lead to more casual sex before marriage. They're not out their to kill africans.
    Please do us the favor to inform yourself a bit before you set off.
    http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/42/146.html
    http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1979145,00.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/oct/09/aids
    http://www.aidsmap.org/en/news/DF198BFC-D4A9-4B91-A1A1-ED28E771B42D.asp

Otherwise I'll have to stop taking you seriously.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm saying its not universal among catholics to preach against safe sex. The Vatican mentioned they're disapproval of it but parish priests will choose whether they want to preach it or not.

I stopped taking you seriously as soon as you starting spewing up the same old anti-religious rubbish.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
    I think some of you guys are oversimplifying things. Black or
    white. Religion is great. Religion is stupid, and so are
    all the religious people. People who don't believe in God
    are stupid. People who believe in God are stupid.
    I for one think someone can believe in some higher being
    (if that someone lets say refuses to believe in the big bang
    theory) without being (overly) religious.

Of course religion can be dangerous, but its the people
    that are making it that way. What I'm saying is, people
    will always find a reason to behave like idiots, be it religion or
    something else. Stupid people are stupid people,
    religious or not.
    Basically, I agree about the dangers of religious fanatics, but not all religious people are fanatics.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #256
    I'm saying its not universal among catholics to preach against safe sex. The Vatican mentioned they're disapproval of it but parish priests will choose whether they want to preach it or not.
    Who cares if it's universal? The fact is the VATICAN ie. the top commander is saying condoms are evil. And this is causing AIDS to spread even more than it would have otherwise. Is religion harmful? On this point there is absolutely no doubt that it is.

I stopped taking you seriously as soon as you starting spewing up the same old anti-religious rubbish.
    Feeling is mutual then :cool:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    :lol2:

Why not? That's what other people like me did hundreds of years ago! :lol2:

Dude, you're going to hell, just accept it already.
    Why don't you walk outside, take that tone with someone and see if you have any teeth left after. Cause I sure as hell would kick yours right in.

(No that's not a threat mods. I don't ever plan on being in the same room with this self righteous wanker)

I'm done proving you wrong. You're on my ignore list.

Jun 13, 2007
    Who cares if it's universal? The fact is the VATICAN ie. the top commander is saying condoms are evil. And this is causing AIDS to spread even more than it would have otherwise. Is religion harmful? On this point there is absolutely no doubt that it is.
    Martin, I am not being clear or are you just blatantly ignoring the facts?
    Religion is not harmful, maybe those who preach it are but religion in itself is not harmful.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    There is no evidence to say that the Vaticans words are the cause for unsafe sex in africa. How about all the rape that goes on? You think they give a shit if there's a rubber on their knob? How accessible are condoms in war torn Sudan for example? Not very.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #260
    Martin, I am not being clear or are you just blatantly ignoring the facts?
    Religion is not harmful, maybe those who preach it are but religion in itself is not harmful.
    They are not facts, just your opinions. You have already said that everything religion does is good, and everything bad that comes out of religion isn't really religion. So in your head religion is a synonym for "good". As you can imagine, I completely reject that definition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)