A new war in Yemen (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Common Raz, you're smarter than that. People will behave the same way if put in similar situations. What sets us apart is what decisions we make. The Middle East has been making the wrong decisions for several centuries now.
While I agree with your conclusion, the initial behavior argument borders dangerously on self-defeating excuses.

A lot of black families in America are still suffering from some of the legacies of slavery. But many are not, which diminishes the validity of such a blanket explanation.

It's also a mistake to think Democracy is the end all be all.
Absolutely true. One could argue that Iraq could only function as a dictatorship in recent decades, for example. So it depends on what evils you're willing to put up with.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #24
    If democracy AND justice prevail, there will be no problems ever...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Good luck on that though... wherever there is money to be made, there will always be injustice, IMO.

My concern is that, with the countries lining up, Yemen looks a lot like 1914 Serbia in a number of ways.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    I think I have to clarify that the war is not against Yemen. It is against a gang of rebels who have hijacked the country recently. The attacks so far were not reported to target civilians even by Houthi sources...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    This was about time, you don't have to be genius to know that sooner or later Saudi Arabia would have to interfere before Iran put their hands in the Gulf like they did in Syria and Iraq and Yemen.

It's clear, this is Iran vs Saudi Arabia, both are foreign political cancer in the region and have done nothing to slightly lower the tension for the past 10 years.

Saudi Arabia will not let Iran politically grow through their Shiite Militia's in Gulf region, and Iran's foreign policy will never stop to strengthen their tools/men in the region and be the force they are today on the political table against the West and Gulf.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    Pakistan today denied it is participating in this war. So, now they are 9 countries. All of them are Arab countries.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    It's not that hard to see facts in this conflict. It's not complicated. It easily gathered worldwide approval.

A multi-billionaire thief and ousted dictator, Ali Abdullah Saleh, who stole Yemenis money for the past 30 years or so is allying his loyalists with radical Houthi 'militias' (BTW, the use of the word 'Militia' by media rather than 'Terrorists' won't change any facts) who are backed by other terrorists such as Hezbollah's Hasan Nasrallah and Iran's supreme leader Ali Khamenei against the legitimate elected president.

For some, their hate for Saudi Arabia and GCC countries has blinded their vision and twisted their logic.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    This battle is bound to go on because of the bad-blood now created between Iranian government and Arab Countries.surely,iranian peoples isn't rich enough to pay for this stupid war. i dont know when government stop doing this shit! . we haven't any money to pey for yemen after syria and lebanon.All of this has been achieved through Iranian money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)