A Gorilla, a Spic, a Redneck and a Carcamano walk into a national team...... (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh dear another oriundi story, 'there are rumours...'. Until it becomes anything more than that the hypocrites who have nothing to do with Italy foaming at the mouth over these stories should give it a rest. The press are digging up every decent player with Italian grandparents or better, oriundi seems to be a buzzword around the national team right now.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with selecting a player whose mother is from Catanzaro, I have more of a problem with Italy being used as a second choice. As for Amauri, he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. The third category of players are those who have Italian heritage and choose Italy as the first choice, ie Rossi. If Balotelli is a 'Ghanaian' because his parents are, even though he was born in Italy, then why is Rossi an 'American' because he was born there, even though his parents are Italian? Answer - because it suits people.

I'm sure Zarate will get called by Argentina in the next couple of years anyway, he is a good player. If someone with Italian heritage wants to play for Italy ahead of anyone else, they have a chance. The diaspora was 100 years ago, it's the 21st century now.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ßüякε;2188887 said:
Salvo, are you even Italian, or are you Italien?
just to stir you boys up

i was born in australia parents are both italian
but i was raised in an italian way, as most australians of a different origin are

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
In theory I could play for England (if I was any good, that is) and I couldn't feel any less English.
well ye exactly is down to how you feel as a person

i think you should only play for a national team if you have roots from that country or were born there

and im not talking distance roots im saying at least grandparents born in that particular country, thats how i see it

Apr 12, 2004
just to stir you boys up

i was born in australia parents are both italian
but i was raised in an italian way, as most australians of a different origin are
Raised in an Italian way?

Okay, then your upbringing might be "Italian" but you are not.
your hatred for him is amazing dude
:lol:

didnt he go to italy as a teen?
Yes, after spending the first 16 years of his life in America.
In theory I could play for England (if I was any good, that is) and I couldn't feel any less English.
And me Germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)