4th place, possible or not (13 Viewers)

Do you think we can finish 4th?

• Yes, we will qualify to the CL

• No, we wont, EL again or even worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Other teams continue to strengthen, even though they are already stronger than us, and we continue to pursue budget deals for garbage players. 4'th place is looking more like a distant dream than an actual reality.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
No, I just cant see it happening. We've failed in all of our objectives and failure breeds failure so that wont change.

What worries me even more is that next year Italy will lose the 4th CL space to Germany and then we will need to finish in the top 3. With Roma potentially being bought I think it will be another 5+ years until we see Juve in the CL again

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I am with Jack! I strongly disagree with you and the media who underrates Napoli. Wanna make a new bet Alen? "That Napoli will end up above Roma?" :eyebrows:
How am I underrating Napoli if I say that Roma have the better team?
Roma have a much more complete squad where losing an important player or two can be covered with a quality sub. Look how when Vucinic isn't in the element, Borriello is scoring the goal, or vice-versa. How when Juan is out of form, Mexes or Burdisso can take his place. How they can do well even without an important midfielder like Pizarro who was replaced well by Simplicio. If Menez does bad then Totti comes in, tactics can be changed due to the big number of good players Ranieri has at his disposal.
Napoli are very limited in this aspect. Everything is set around Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani and it works well. The less talented players work their assess off, and these three can do their job and are doing it. But with Napoli it's a big IF these three will stay healthy as they did for the entire season so far. Absence of only one of them will lead to many changes and I don't think Napoli have the players to change things or good replacements for one of these three. So far Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi scored 26 of Napoli's 32 goals. That alone shows their importance. Now, if they can keep this till the end without injuries, they could (still not certain) finish above Roma. In any other case Roma will overtake them, even if Roma stays long in CL.

p.s: And Napoli have to play away to Roma, Milan, Juventus and Palermo. Only Inter comes to Naples. Roma play at home with Juve, Palermo, Milan and Napoli, with the Inter match being their only away fixture against the bigger teams.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We shall finish 5th, behind Milan, Roma, Inter, and Napoli. We will edge Palermo by 2 points for 5th spot. Udinese and Lazio will finish 7th and 8th respectively.

The only way we can finish 4th is if Roma make it far in the CL, and suffer some injuries along the way.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Alen, I like your avatar. Could you send me the link to the original image?

At least Napoli have strikers that can score goals, and do so on a consistent basis. We had someone until Quag got injured.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's just interesting. Part of the reason I want the link to the image is because I actually want to see what is written on it :lol:

Does it break down what Juve have accomplished in the past 5 years as opposed to Milan and Inter in terms of trophies?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's just interesting. Part of the reason I want the link to the image is because I actually want to see what is written on it :lol:

Does it break down what Juve have accomplished in the past 5 years as opposed to Milan and Inter in terms of trophies?
Yeah, kind of :D
I lost a bet with Fred and he made me have this avatar. Inter's and Milan's trophies are listed while for Juve it says serie B.
I don't have a bigger version. Try with Fred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)