Ángel Di María (45 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Man, my apologies to management. The moment this guy touches the ball, you can see he's at another level, a level of class and vision we're not used to. Very rare breed of creative player. He's a huuuge improvement over Dybala. Probably an underrated all timer.

Just have to hope he doesn't stroll or coast to the WC. Doesn't look like it, fortunately.

And God bless his health. Gonna need it so badly, specially with injured Pogba, Chiesa on rehab, maybe Vlahovic.
it was same situation with dani alves. age is not slowing down players like before. we are yto have di maria cuz he is spark of creativity and unpredictable movement this club lacked since douglas costa left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

One encouraging thing i’ve noticed from all the clips posted by Juventus social media pages and etc is that he really looks to have adapted quite well so far to the new surroundings and seems to get along well with everyone too, hopefully he continues to stay fit as well because he will be crucial to our season.

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
"Turin has something beautiful that makes us feel right at home".

They're referring to sticking meat on an outdoor grill, that's all anybody does all day in Argentina and Uruguay.
To be fair, is their anything better than putting meat on the grill? I'm am aussie who loves his BBQ. And buying quality meat and grilling is my fav thing to do.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
To be fair, is their anything better than putting meat on the grill? I'm am aussie who loves his BBQ. And buying quality meat and grilling is my fav thing to do.
In Uruguay/Argentina they insist that it's not a BBQ and that their asados are something distinct and tbh there is something special about them, but I can't put my finger on what. It could be the quality of the meat, I dunno. Uruguayan meat is among the best quality in the world, but actually most of their best stuff gets exported because its too expensive to stay in the country. But even the stuff that stays behind is off the absolute scale. The thing is it's weird because the general standard of food in like restaurants etc is kinda shit, but the quality of the meat and the technique they use to cook it slowly on a grill plus friends plus alcohol plus Uruguay is just a magic combo somehow.

It's their standard social event. They tend to last for hours and hours, and are either early ones starting at like noon, an evening one starting at like 8 or a late one starting maybe at midnight. I actually stopped eating meat while I lived there and used to bring veg for the the grill and got the absolute pisss ripped outta me every time :lol: It was like being in a protestant family in the 1800s and marrying a Catholic lol.

It was funny also that everybody who ripped me hardest would swarm over and eat all my food when it came off the grill. I used to say they were vegans without the balls to come out the closet in Uruguay lol :grin:

Damn writing this out has me homesick for Uruguay. The absolute friendliest people and such a chill country in general. It's one of those places that's better to live in than visit but even so it's a shame it gets so overlooked. Plus they're all ridiculously good looking, but then as a Scot my point of reference is a bit skewed :grin:

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agree 100%. Something about fire and cooking meat satisfies my soul.

- - - Updated - - -

In Uruguay/Argentina they insist that it's not a BBQ and that their 'asados' are something distinct and tbh there is something special about them, but I can't put my finger on what. It could be the quality of the meat, I dunno. Uruguayan meat is among the best quality in the world, but actually most of their best stuff gets exported because its too expensive to stay in the country. But even the stuff that stays behind is off the absolute scale. The thing is it's weird because the general standard of food in like restaurants etc is kinda shit, but the quality of the meat and the technique they use to cook it slowly on a grill plus friends plus alcohol plus Uruguay is just a magic combo somehow.

It's their standard social event. They tend to last for hours and hours, and are either early ones starting at like noon, an evening one starting at like 8 or a late one starting maybe at midnight. I actually stopped eating meat while I lived there and used to bring veg for the the grill and got the absolute pisss ripped outta me every time :lol: It was like being in a protestant family in the 1800s and marrying a Catholic lol.

It was funny also that everybody who ripped me hardest would swarm over and eat all my food when it came off the grill. I used to say they were vegans without the balls to come out the closet in Uruguay lol :grin:

Damn writing this out has me homesick for Uruguay. The absolute friendliest people and such a chill country in general. It's one of those places that's better to live in than visit but even so it's a shame it gets so overlooked. Plus they're all ridiculously good looking, but then as a Scot my point of reference is a bit skewed :grin:
@GordoDeCentral what are the girls like in Uruguay? :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In Uruguay/Argentina they insist that it's not a BBQ and that their 'asados' are something distinct and tbh there is something special about them, but I can't put my finger on what. It could be the quality of the meat, I dunno. Uruguayan meat is among the best quality in the world, but actually most of their best stuff gets exported because its too expensive to stay in the country. But even the stuff that stays behind is off the absolute scale. The thing is it's weird because the general standard of food in like restaurants etc is kinda shit, but the quality of the meat and the technique they use to cook it slowly on a grill plus friends plus alcohol plus Uruguay is just a magic combo somehow.

What makes their beef higher quality than others? Say, Japanese for instance?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
What makes their beef higher quality than others? Say, Japanese for instance?
I'm no expert on why the meat itself is such high quality but I'd imagine it's got a lot to do with the conditions they are raised in. Uruguay has 3.5 million people, and 1.5 live in Montevideo. Most of the rest of the country is farmland. During the world wars money was flooding into the country from selling food to Europe, and they never really branched out much (they are doing that now with coding though, all the kids are learning it in school) so I guess it just got refined over time and because the national economy depends on it so much it's in their interests to keep standards as high as possible. I found this via google, looks like a pretty solid breakdown on Uruguayan beef standards, though I didn't read it start to finish

https://gro-intelligence.com/insights/uruguay-small-country-big-beef

One of the last programmes Anthony Bourdain did was in Uruguay, here's a clip of him at El Mercado del Puerto eating morcilla and various cuts off a parrilla. I've eaten in the same market a few times, it's like a 7-day-a-week food (meat) festival

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)