Zlatan (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Zlatan could do both, he has done so on one or two occasions for Ajax, its just not what Koeman wants of him most of the time.

And I realise that whichever striker or forward we bought would probably replace Trezeguet - but I never said Zlatan should do that. Cause I think he shouldn't, it would be a waste of his qualities to say the least.

I just stated I think its very tricky to just compare a forward to a striker like that :)
Okay, I see where you are coming from now. I wouldn't mind seeing a Gilardino-Ibrahimovic duo in the future, but it ain't gonna happen, unfortunately.

Buy on AliExpress.com

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
My choice of words probably wasn't the best, but I'm sure you get what I mean. The strikers aren't supposed to help the midfielders per say, but if we had a striker who didn't rely on service like Trezeguet does, the midfield wouldn't be required to supply as many assists as they currently have to because players like Gilardino and Morientes can make goals for themselves.
Sorry but I don't really, Stu. I'm again referring largely to your previous post here. If I had to prioritize, the attack would be the last area I'd touch on. For a supposed top side, our central midfield has been a joke for years. Another patchwork will not cure Juve's clueless syndrome in possession nor prevent the likes of any decent side playing 'come-get-ball' and messing around with us at will.

You mentioned that it'll be good to have an all-round striker to help his teammates. I presume you must be talking about the midfield then. Well, the fact is we've already been doing that for years, what with DP (and until recently, Nedved too as well) dropping back to fetch and carry ... to what notable and lasting effect though? Doing another DP with your only other centre-forward is merely compounding the problem. Your point about helping to shoulder DP's load is a valid one and a good way to go about that is eliminating the necessity for the latter, above tweaking his striking partners.

Aug 1, 2003
If we were to get a striker, let's just stick to Trez :D My bad, I was saying Zlatan is a better player, but in a way Gilardino does fit the bill for Juve better than Zlatan, but I think Zlatan would be better for Juve.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++

:D

I think that way too.He can score much goal in every match.
But when i see him,play for his national team,he doesn't play well.
Yeah, even Ruud van Nistelrooy couldn't score much in dutch NT, dunno why...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
I say Gilardino COULD be a great partner for Del Piero. Surely better than Inzaghi was with Alex.
Del Pippo were surely the best, sometimes I'm wondering when we can see another version of Del Pippo in Juventus.

Jul 28, 2002
delpippo never got on. Pippo "stole" goals from dp, plus they often argued...so in terms of partnership they didnt work, BUT statistically it did.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
I live in Amsterdam and I see Zlatan every week on TV. Believe me, he is nothing. Gilardino is much better. Zlatan is not ready for a bigger club, let him PLEASE stay at Ajax.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvefc_robin ] ++
I live in Amsterdam and I see Zlatan every week on TV. Believe me, he is nothing. Gilardino is much better. Zlatan is not ready for a bigger club, let him PLEASE stay at Ajax.
Agree with that. And this comes from someone who watches Zlatan all the time.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Don't be stupid, DelPippo did work well. Channel4 showed that the top 3 of Juve's partnership is Sivori-Charles, DelPippo and Del Piero-Trezeguet.
Sorry, I hope we can see 'another great duo' like DelPippo at Juventus.:) That's what i mean, pardon my english btw :embarass::D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Marchionni is fukkin excellent. I like Morfeo too, he was from Fiorentina, no? If I remember correctly

++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Gilardino was good today when Morfeo came on.

I've always liked DOMENICO Morfeo ;).
What does that tell you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)