Zlatan (2 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

How many difficult games Ajax face in their league?

How many difficult games any team in the Calcio faces during the season?

How much is a player/team/coach flamed with the press in Italy compared to that in Holland

I think all this makes a more serious atmosphere
so the league is more tough , with more top quality opponents and have more preassure... so all Zlatan have to do is be more serious and all the problem will be solved :wth:

beside i dunno professional footballers in holland were paid millions to play around :rolleyes:

Buy on AliExpress.com

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
See the thing is that Gilardino is more than just a goalpoacher; he has the great qualities of one, but he is also very comfortable on the ball, and able to work well away from goal. Something that Inzaghi and Trez sucks at IMO. Gilardino IMO is the prototypical forward, who can do it all up front and play as a lone striker.
Yep and that's based on about less than a season's worth of games in the pressure-cooker that's Parma, which is incidentally the very one which top 'goalscorer' Di Vaio came from. There's no sin in doing what one does best to achieve an objective, which was achieved btw. About the only point that stands against Trez here is that some don't like the way he plays. Stop confusing that with it being an argument coz it isn't even one.

A familar pattern (a novelty, Gilardino here, is almost always involved to discredit the scapegoat that's Trez in such a manner that distorts the truth) develops in the way players fall from grace and after a while, the BS just becomes laughable. I am a firm believer of making the best of what you have or specifically, playing to your strengths. When something that basic isn't even satisfied, the validity of the 'arguments' put forth deserves to be questioned.

Frankly, I don't even think Trezeguet ever evolved from a 'goalscorer' to a 'goalpoacher' in his 4 seasons with us. His style's a constant, just as his output was and still is. That imaginary change occurred only in his critics' minds, evident from the Scudetto winning hero he became to a hopeless lump he is now. What else changed? Well, trivial stuff like the gradual loss of one of the best midfields in the world between Zidane, Davids and Deschamps et al to begin with. I suspect having only 1 consistent, decent partner in ADP all this while might have something to do with it. At least Trez can take some comfort in that he isn't shouldering all the crap alone - ADP has been flogged for years in identical fashion for faults which aren't his. Apart from those, nothing too earthshaking really ...

All in all, there should be enough happiness to share initially. The forum is generally glad to be rid of a waste of space while clubs like Barca will be elated to have found another (coincidentally, another David less the 's') perfect piece to complete their puzzle. I mean, he doesn't even get to haunt us in domestic competitions!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

It was reffered as "top goalscorers" as I understooded. Second of all.....goal poacher means a player that cannot create HIMSELF a chance for goal(that doesnt mean to dribble trough all 11 players(even goalkeeper) to score). All of these players (except Pippo & Treze) could make room by protecting themselves on the edge of area and then turn around anr hammer a powerful shot(even Bierhoff could do that if you ever watched EURO96)
WHAT :wth: .... that what i called them... " to be a top goals scorer is to be a one touch goal poacher..".. secondly, why do you soo highlighted definition of goal poachers through their ability to create chance?.. goal poachers are players that have high positional skill to be in the best place at the best time to make it easiest to score A LOT OF GOALS... be it reboud balls, through balls, cross balls, they dont make it a lot of fuss.. just rammed it into the goal... thats how i see all Serie A " top goalscorers " in recent years..... thats the easiest way to get a lots of goals... you can sign a lot of skill full players like Zlatan who can dribble the whole defense, but that doesnt means they will bring that many goals... i see goal poachers as the way to go... thats why we have a two way system using Del Piero and Trezeguet... if the midfield stuck, the finger should be pointing towards Del Piero for goals.. not Trezeguet.. this year, Del Piero not only assist less, he also score less as well....

man.. your favouritisme towards how goals are scored really baffles me... why ? whats the difference between tap ins and 20 yard screamers or dribble through 3/4 defenders?... its all the same.. the scoreline only wrote the number of goals, not how they were scored... the things is players like Trezeguet, Inzaghi , Crespo, Bierhoff proved that they are the top when scoring goals are concerns.. that list i gave you is the prove...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I think Trezeguet is great at what he does; which is put the ball in the goal on a somewhat consistant basis. If Trez leaves, which he wants to or will, I think we will miss his "goalpoaching" characteristics. But we all know that David is limited to just one footballing trait, which is get into scoring position and place the ball on goal. I know that is a great characteristic to have, but it is rather limited to just that. I think Gilardino, eventhough he might not be as much of a natural goalscorer as David, he certainly has a great touch for goal; one that is very good at the moment, and has the potential to get even better. But the thing about Gilardino is that he has another useful trait, which is that he can play away from goal; something that David struggles at. That is why Gilardino, in the future, could be a better fit for our team as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I think Trezeguet is a great player, but I think it is time for us to move on, and find a replacement. Whether it be for a monetary purpose, or just for a change, I think that the sale of David could benefit us in different ways. But again, nothing can take away from what he has done for our club.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Well, I think Trezeguet is great at what he does; which is put the ball in the goal on a somewhat consistant basis. If Trez leaves, which he wants to or will, I think we will miss his "goalpoaching" characteristics. But we all know that David is limited to just one footballing trait, which is get into scoring position and place the ball on goal. I know that is a great characteristic to have, but it is rather limited to just that. I think Gilardino, eventhough he might not be as much of a natural goalscorer as David, he certainly has a great touch for goal; one that is very good at the moment, and has the potential to get even better. But the thing about Gilardino is that he has another useful trait, which is that he can play away from goal; something that David struggles at. That is why Gilardino, in the future, could be a better fit for our team as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I think Trezeguet is a great player, but I think it is time for us to move on, and find a replacement. Whether it be for a monetary purpose, or just for a change, I think that the sale of David could benefit us in different ways. But again, nothing can take away from what he has done for our club.
Fair points all-round and appreciated :)

I hope for Juve's sake that you are right about Trez's limitations (I suspect otherwise) and Gilardino to fulfill the promise shown. The club can ill-afford to mourn another loss especially when he's well within our grasp to retain and have him bite back in the worse possible manner. Its happened with Zidane, Pippo and in somewhat different situations, Davids and Henry.

In very different circumstances, we could have most of the core of the most outstanding French team in history in Juventus together.

Indeed, nothing should be taken away from what he has done for Juventus these years. He has earned that bit of respect at least or so I'd like to think.

Mar 14, 2004
But Trez does not requre special "body-guard" to watch him in the game like its reqired for Sheva,Henry,Raul,Ronaldo or any profilic striker.He is just not dangerous like others. Any decent defence is enough to prevent him from scoreing. All defence concetrates on DP and job is done....Juve is beaten. Thats the way we lost in every important game this season. How many times Trez scored in "derby" games(do not count Lazio cuz thing were decided then). Lets face it...Juve with Trez is readen book and time is for changes.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++

Hey, Rainhard..nice to see you too :D

I think Koeman will keep Sonck, Ajax needs him more than us ;)
:D

I think that way too.He can score much goal in every match.
But when i see him,play for his national team,he doesn't play well.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
But Trez does not requre special "body-guard" to watch him in the game like its reqired for Sheva,Henry,Raul,Ronaldo or any profilic striker.He is just not dangerous like others. Any decent defence is enough to prevent him from scoreing. All defence concetrates on DP and job is done....Juve is beaten. Thats the way we lost in every important game this season. How many times Trez scored in "derby" games(do not count Lazio cuz thing were decided then). Lets face it...Juve with Trez is readen book and time is for changes.
ssadly thats the truth.

Im a big fan of Trez,.. but he truth is that our team is not for players like him. who need excellent mids to serve him. We are not in that line...and his great skills are almost useless in Juve...wehere evrything is physycal and there is no creativity.

I understand the point of slack.. but we need a sheva kind of player alongside del piero to survive.

Toledo

May 14, 2004
Hi guys,our forwards should be Miccoli and Ibrahimovic.Miccoli has great technique,he is really fast,has a great shot;the new Del Piero.Ibrahimovic has also good technique,and he can score a goal from incredible positions.Del Piero is getting too old and he was since few years never in really good form.I think we should also sell Di Vaio with Trez.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

:thumb: Everything looks just fine... But Hilary Duff?! You seem to like blondes, you should come to Finland... :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Toledo ] ++
Hi guys,our forwards should be Miccoli and Ibrahimovic.Miccoli has great technique,he is really fast,has a great shot;the new Del Piero.Ibrahimovic has also good technique,and he can score a goal from incredible positions.Del Piero is getting too old and he was since few years never in really good form.I think we should also sell Di Vaio with Trez.
wouuuu, sounds just too radical... I don't like Zlatan anymore, coz I read few articles, and his statements were awful... He needs at least one year elsewhere to change his attitude, after that he can be Juve material... Right now he seems to be way too arrogant...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Everyone is having their say on Trez so I'm just going to go ahead and have mine as well.

Imho, Trezeguet is very good at what he does best, which is heading, finishing, positioning, those sort of things, but that's one of the reasons why I want him to leave. PERSONALLY, I don't like players who can't help their teammates in the build-up. I want a more rounded player who can hold up the ball well and run with it and distribute it to a certain degree. My opinion is that a player with these qualities would take alot of the pressure off the shoulder's of Del Piero and the offensive midfielders. If we still had a fantastic midfield with Zidane, Davids, and Nedved, Trezzy's inefficiencies when it comes to technical stuff could be swept under the rug. It wouldn't matter anymore. So why don't we just build a brilliant midfield and keep Trez, you ask? That's definitely a possibility but I think that it would be much easier to replace Trezeguet with Gilardino, Morientes, or Drogba (maybe Zlatan) than bring in Emerson, Rothen and Van der Vaart to improve the midfield.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
wouuuu, sounds just too radical... I don't like Zlatan anymore, coz I read few articles, and his statements were awful... He needs at least one year elsewhere to change his attitude, after that he can be Juve material... Right now he seems to be way too arrogant...
When was this? Cause I used to agree with that but his attitude has really changed over the past season!

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

ssadly thats the truth.

Im a big fan of Trez,.. but he truth is that our team is not for players like him. who need excellent mids to serve him. We are not in that line...and his great skills are almost useless in Juve...wehere evrything is physycal and there is no creativity.

I understand the point of slack.. but we need a sheva kind of player alongside del piero to survive.

Finally someone who understnads the problem. Trez should do in Barca....they have that kind of players that should enable Trez to score much in empty nets......

Aug 1, 2003
You people are loco! First of all, Trez should stay :D

Now, on a more serious note - How Gilardino is dubbed as better than Zlatan is beyond comprehension. Let's see. Gee, Zlatan's been better over the seasons IN MY OPINION in the Dutch League and well well he also does well in the Champions League. at least he NETS the goals. Oh wow, I didn't know Gilardino did that. What did Gilardino do? Oh yes he did fill in Adriano's shoes really well didn't he? Yes yes he did, he also has massive talent and has been doing great in Italy! Wow! Hmm, I wonder though, how sure are we that Gilardino isn't a one hit wonder? Are you very much positive he'd do this once he's in Juve, and do the same in CL? Now Zlatan is a risk too but at least I sense more security in buying him. Bah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)