Zlatan will lead Sweden to victory (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It was the only positive thing he did all day. Though it was very positive. And then he left the game.

Aside from that, it's interesting to see how he disappears when you take Inter away from him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
At this level, against an average team, like Greece, Ibra can shine and make the difference, like he did.
We will see against Spain, if he really is a choker or not...

OP

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    At this level, against an average team, like Greece, Ibra can shine and make the difference, like he did.
    well let's see. Euro champs Greece = 1 Spain = 0

I hate greece and their soccer, but spain are chokers.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If he plays bad vs Spain it won't mean that he's a choker, just like it won't mean that he's whatever is opposite of choker if he plays a great match against the Spaniards.

That's because the match against Spain won't be of great meaning for Sweden. That's a match against a big favorite that they can allow to lose. It's not a big match that they must win and where Zlatan must step up and win them the match. The Swedes will be relaxed and they can easily score at the end. Zlatan can be the scorer but it certainly won't mean that he's not a choker if he plays well and scores a goal.

Tonight's match was much bigger and much more important for the Swedes. This was a must win match for them, against the EURO champs who tried in every possible way to kill the game. Your 2004 heroes defended with 9 players in their box (not counting the keeper) and they obviously played for 0:0 (remember the endless passes between your defenders).
    Exactly in this kind of matches it's very tough to score the winner. It was obvious that only a piece of magic can break such catenaccio.
    Breaking such defenses with one single move is what separates the great players from the good/average/bad players.
    Yup, he did it !

Now the match vs Russia will probably be of big importance for the Swedes. Exactly here we'll see if he's a choker or not. And if they pass the groups then we'll get another oportunity to see if he's a choker or not.
    But Sweden-Spain won't be that match that will give the ultimate proof if Zlatan is a choker.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    If he plays bad vs Spain it won't mean that he's a choker, just like it won't mean that he's whatever is opposite of choker if he plays a great match against the Spaniards.

That's because the match against Spain won't be of great meaning for Sweden. That's a match against a big favorite that they can allow to lose. It's not a big match that they must win and where Zlatan must step up and win them the match. The Swedes will be relaxed and they can easily score at the end. Zlatan can be the scorer but it certainly won't mean that he's not a choker if he plays well and scores a goal.

Tonight's match was much bigger and much more important for the Swedes. This was a must win match for them, against the EURO champs who tried in every possible way to kill the game. Your 2004 heroes defended with 9 players in their box (not counting the keeper) and they obviously played for 0:0 (remember the endless passes between your defenders).
    Exactly in this kind of matches it's very tough to score the winner. It was obvious that only a piece of magic can break such catenaccio.
    Breaking such defenses with one single move is what separates the great players from the good/average/bad players.
    Yup, he did it !

Now the match vs Russia will probably be of big importance for the Swedes. Exactly here we'll see if he's a choker or not. And if they pass the groups then we'll get another oportunity to see if he's a choker or not.
    But Sweden-Spain won't be that match that will give the ultimate proof if Zlatan is a choker.
    You are making it all too easy for him:angel:
    People say that Zlatan choke against big teams and big games.
    I agree your view on games importance. Tactically it is wiser to aim for the easiest games, but i m not sure if a players conceives the game with the same way.
    Zlatan is considered one of the best forwards in the entire world, i gont think that a guy that has never ever met before would frighten him, tactically the coach might feel the pressure, but individually the players has more pressure when he is up against world class players like the champions Puyol and Casillas
    Players that are proven winners, this were mentality falls in, a choker, who is not so sure about his skills, will not try the things Zlatan usually tries when he plays against inferior material, because he knows that those champions are not fooling aroun, if he tries smth fancy, he might just get fool of himself.
    This is how his game is affected, but his skills arent!
    I agree with your points tactically/strategically, but individually, i think Zlatan has to prove more against the better/stronger/famous teams (even in theory)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)