zlatan too selfish to be in 1st team... (1 Viewer)

OP
nielsen

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #222
    i read that zlatan will play for the swedish team though the medical staff at juventus stated that for sure he wont play against croatia and that he is a major doubt for the next in the week!!!!
    they are made of what??? i understand its a crucial match but not that much to sacrifice the well-being of a player!!!

OP
    nielsen

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #224
    zlatan aiming cl!!! he should improve himself first but saying such things!!! if he score against bayern then.... there is room for improvement....

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Think you guys are a bit harsh on old Ibra, Shame on you! Selfish he may be at times but when we attack hes involved in most of our goals. Let the boy do his thing.

Like on good days when his trickery pulls off everyones praising him, but when they dont its all 'Egotistical' I admit i got annoyed with him in the rapid match but he was desperate for a goal like trez stated.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    The thing is (and I have wrote it maybe 15 times before) that he has to hog the ball in order to be good. When he does that for 3 out of 5 times he draws attention and that is when he finds a teammate with oceans of space that he would NOT have if Ibra were a regular player like 85% in here wants him to be.

End of story.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
    The thing is (and I have wrote it maybe 15 times before) that he has to hog the ball in order to be good. When he does that for 3 out of 5 times he draws attention and that is when he finds a teammate with oceans of space that he would NOT have if Ibra were a regular player like 85% in here wants him to be.

End of story.
    May I add this.

Zlatan is not selfish. He's a good team player who acts as a bait for opposing defenders to come to him.

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
    i think zlatan problem is that he doesnt know when to dribble on and when to pass
    as soon as he gets thi right...he should be great
    also he should improve his shooting....he is finishing is just average

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Zlatan is one of the best targetplayers in the world. Hardly no one is as good when it comes to take down a long ball, hold it, and pass it on. If you can't see it, just watch the Swedish NT. No one in our NT can hold the ball on the offensive half of the pitch like Zlatan does, and most of our goals goes Zlatan-Wilhelmsson/Ljungberg-Larsson-goal or Zlatan-Larsson-goal. :) Our NT is build up ALOT around Ibra. You can see when he's not playing what a big dimension we are losing to our game.
    What people fail to realize how often he does the same for Juventus, and that we to lose movement in our game when he's not playing. Of course the difference aint as obvious in Juventus were we got subs like Mutu and Del Piero instead of Allbäck and Rosenberg.

And concerning him being selfish and holds on to the ball to long, are you serious? This was a good argument in the begining of last season but now he's proven to be one of the better passing playas of the team and no one can deny the great assists he has provided.

I think he's biggest issue at the moment is him constantly running offside. And that is just something that will come naturally.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Zlatan is one of the best targetplayers in the world. Hardly no one is as good when it comes to take down a long ball, hold it, and pass it on. If you can't see it, just watch the Swedish NT. No one in our NT can hold the ball on the offensive half of the pitch like Zlatan does, and most of our goals goes Zlatan-Wilhelmsson/Ljungberg-Larsson-goal or Zlatan-Larsson-goal. :) Our NT is build up ALOT around Ibra. You can see when he's not playing what a big dimension we are losing to our game.
    What people fail to realize how often he does the same for Juventus, and that we to lose movement in our game when he's not playing. Of course the difference aint as obvious in Juventus were we got subs like Mutu and Del Piero instead of Allbäck and Rosenberg.

And concerning him being selfish and holds on to the ball to long, are you serious? This was a good argument in the begining of last season but now he's proven to be one of the better passing playas of the team and no one can deny the great assists he has provided.

I think he's biggest issue at the moment is him constantly running offside. And that is just something that will come naturally.
    Head on! *applause*

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by jon4647 ] ++
    uh pecker..u dont watch championsn league do u ?
    I watch the champions league, i watch the Serie A. I followed him in Allsvenskan and I see him when Sweden plays. I even downloaded several Ajax games before he was sold so don't try to play no "i know more then you" card, cause on this subject, you surely does not.

If you are refering to the game vs rapid vienna, he hadn't scored ONES in the league or the CL, you nor me can even imagine how frustrating that must be for a man who is judged after how many goals he scores. Even ADP did stuff like this last year when he's critics was at their peak.

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
    i`m not saying he does not pass the ball at all...he does not pass the ball often enuff..and its frustrating !
    the reason why it took him so long to score this season is because his finishing is awful....if his finishing is good he could`ve 3or 4 more goals alrdy IMO
    yes hes frsutrated but being frustrated doesnt warrant u to dirble the ball as long as u like ....thats not the way

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    In sweden he's got a scoring ratio of like 0.50 or so and he scored 16 goals last season, so awful is a bit rough word to use. Though I agree he's finishing abilities still needs improving which they will if Capello continues training finishing with him.... which he will...

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    Must...resist...picking...on...grammar and punctionation errors. ;)

Good posts pecker, Zlatan is extremely important for our NT as proven by the last few games, as he is for Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)