Zlatan Ibrahimovic (24 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what, zlatan is the one who has the entertaining tricks and beatiful goals. DP is the one that scores like a regular boring player.
Now this guy IS provoking, but there is no need to look at him the same way as you look at Vlatko, Salman, me or Esteban and just put us in the same basket and call us Zlatan fans.
Vlatko and Esteban love Juve but they don't hate Zlatan like most of the Juve fans do.
This guy is just provoking and i have no idea what is he doing in this forum.

You Rab make it very simple by calling everyone who doesn't feel about Zlatan the way you do, Zlatty fans, and you even dare to tell everyone who doesn't hate Zlatan or respects his skills to go to the Inter forums. :confused:

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
No offense to the Swedish fans here, but you guys do look really biased when it comes to your players at times. Not only towards Zlatan, but also players such as Mellberg and Ljungberg, et cetera.

It may be a natural way of thinking, but I don't overrate any of the players from my country.
eh what, both Ljungberg and Mellberg sucks. I am for sure not overrated any swedish player.

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
Now this guy IS provoking, but there is no need to look at him the same way as you look at Vlatko, Salman, me or Esteban and just put them in the same basket and call them Zlatan fans.
Vlatko and Esteban love Juve but they don't hate Zlatan like most of the Juve fans do.

You Rab make it very simple by calling everyone who doesn't feel about Zlatan the way you do, Zlatty fans, and you even dare to tell everyone who doesn't hate Zlatan or respects his skills to go to the Inter forums. :confused:
because the inter forum is worthless...booooring.

oh and i dont hate juvve

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sorry, Rab, but I think he's quite right here. You obviously know what gypsies are and so does he. It's about Italians calling every former Yugoslav a gypsy. I don't think Zlatan truly is a gypsy and Alen is annoyed with the wrong definition put forward by Italians.

Right, Alen?
Yup

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:D

Did you really think i said that the gipsies come from Yugoslavia ?

Now the Italians have problems with the gipsies who came from Romania. Give them a year or two and you'll see which words will the Italians use to describe the Romanians.

No, Rab, this is what i've been telling you :
There were problems between Italy and Yugoslavia ever since the WWII ended (no need to get into this one, there is a lot to say about what did the Italians do to the Slovenians and the Croats during the war and what did the Yugoslavs do to the Italians in Yugoslavia at the end of the war. It was disgusting).
To make it short, the Italians and the Yugos never liked eachother and they always invented new names to offend the others.
In the 1980's some gipsies (thousands of them, all of them kids) who were born and lived in south Yugoslavia illegally passed the Yugoslav-Italian border.
It was a big issue here back then. Yugo-Italian criminal groups were buying these kids from their poor parents, they transported them to Italy and they forced them to steal, beg on the streets etc.

The Italians had a huge problems with them. When these kids were caught they were deported back to Yugoslavia so the Italians knew them as gipsies from Yugoslavia, or Yugoslavs.
Then they used this oportunity to come up with another name for the Yugoslavs and they started calling them gipsies (Zingari). When they wanted to offend a Yugoslav they called him a Zingaro, even if he was a blond, blue eyed dude from Slovenia who never saw a gypsy in his life.

When the Zingaro chants started there were many articles here and especially in Slovenia about the Italians and their anti-Yugoslav behavior (even though Yugoslavia was long gone). Zlatan has Yugoslav parents and the Italians use the word for him that was used to offend the Yugoslavs.
It's not a coincidence.
Actually they've been calling some Romanians as Gypsy's. But I never saw Romanian in Romania (don't know about the ones living in Italy) But never saw Romanian feeling offended.

The Lazio supporters did the same with Adrian Mutu last year in Rome, calling him Zingaro.

I see what you're trying to show me there and I understand your points, but TBH, I don't see an 18years old Italian or even 25 in the Stadiums, have an idea of what exactly has happened during the WW2. And I don't see anyone calling Zlatan Zingaro and at the same time thinking what happened in WW2, Alen.

These chants like I said, represents nothing but the player himself vs fans. It's Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Juventus fans. Not Juventus supporters vs ex- Yugoslavia.

You also want to know/hear the funniest part, I have a Serbian friend was working with me last year in Bucharest, Milan supporter, he went last year to watch the Milan vs Inter game and guess what?? there was this group of Milan supporters calling Zlatan Zingaro and he was so excited that he kept singing it whenever Zlatan touched the ball..... funny eh?

And had our supporters really had an intension calling Zlatan Zingaro just because of his Bosnian-Croatian roots, you wouldn't see Salihamidzic still playing and wearing our jersey. Thats for sure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Honestly, how anybody could like Zlatan apart from Inter fans or Sweden fans is just mind-boggling. I mean, the player didn't even have the decency to run back onsides when he played for us... he just walked back like he was the king of the world.

Fuck that player and fuck his mother.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Did you support Zlatan when he was at Juventus in his first season?

I want Rab to answer.
When he signed for Juventus I was obliged to support Zlatan. Even in his 2nd year I supported him. There's not a single player I've never supported since I started supporting this team.

I never liked him before he joined us, never did when played for us(but had to cheer for him) and now that he joined our rivals, it's even worse.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually they've been calling some Romanians as Gypsy's. But I never saw Romanian in Romania (don't know about the ones living in Italy) But never saw Romanian feeling offended.

The Lazio supporters did the same with Adrian Mutu last year in Rome, calling him Zingaro.

I see what you're trying to show me there and I understand your points, but TBH, I don't see an 18years old Italian or even 25 in the Stadiums, have an idea of what exactly has happened during the WW2. And I don't see anyone calling Zlatan Zingaro and at the same time thinking what happened in WW2, Alen.

These chants like I said, represents nothing but the player himself vs fans. It's Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Juventus fans. Not Juventus supporters vs ex- Yugoslavia.

You also want to know/hear the funniest part, I've got a Serbian friend was working with me last year, Milan supporter, he went last year to watch the Milan vs Inter game and guess what there was this group of Milan supporters calling Zlatan Zingaro and he was so excited that he kept singing it whenever Zlatan touched the ball..... funny eh?

And had our supporters really had an intension calling Zlatan Zingaro just because of his Bosnian-Croatian roots, you wouldn't see Salihamidzic still playing and wearing our jersey. Thats for sure.
For people not native to Italy, the book A Season With Verona by Tim Parks puts this into perspective. At a Hellas Verona - Bari match, a Veronese supporter lost his hat and it ended up in the Bari section while the supporters launched insults at one another. You'd think that the Bari fans wouldn't return the hat, but they did. The Veronese praised their counterparts for a bit then went back to insulting chants.

All of this stuff is just out of spite. The Veronese supporters seem racist, but they're not for the most part. They just use such verbiage to provoke.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Now this guy IS provoking, but there is no need to look at him the same way as you look at Vlatko, Salman, me or Esteban and just put us in the same basket and call us Zlatan fans.

Let me make it clear for you and you judge.....

you got hanakyo... insulting Juventus when we went to Serie B and Zlatan signed for Inter. Everybody knows that and everyone read that.

you got Esteban...since Zlatan arrival to Juventus and he showed up, posting in every Zlatan thread and criticizing Del Piero whenever he has/had a chance.

you got lil zlatan engongo...I don't really need to speak about them.

You got others insulting Del Piero, don't want to mention names, but insulting Del Piero and bashing him since Capello took over Juventus, and till now they keep praising Zlatan whenever he scores and never celebrate when Juventus Captain scores. I don't know how they claim to be Juventus supporters since they don't stand the field Del Piero is standing at.

If I continue with others, I wont really finish...

I don't really know what you call these people, you tell me, Alen.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hmm, you lived there and you know better, but i've seen with my own eyes how a Romanian dude wanted to rip off the heart of one Bulgarian guy because he called him a gypsy. Also, the Romanians in the forums i visit are really sensitive about this.

It's the same thing i'm talking about. The gipsies who live now in Italy came mostly from Romania so now some assholes call all the Romanians gipsies. Since Mutu is Romanian they make fun of him by calling him a gypsy. The same is with Zlatan. He has a Yugoslav background, the gipsies in the 80's and 90's came from Yugoslavia so he's a "zingaro" because he has Yugoslav parents.

Most of the ultras on the stadiums sing what they are told to sing. Someone who knew the history came up with the Zingaro slogan and now the others repeat it without having a slightest idea why the Zingaro slogan was invented in the first place.

You also want to know/hear the funniest part, I have a Serbian friend was working with me last year in Bucharest, Milan supporter, he went last year to watch the Milan vs Inter game and guess what?? there was this group of Milan supporters calling Zlatan Zingaro and he was so excited that he kept singing it whenever Zlatan touched the ball..... funny eh?
He found it funny, he didn't know what did the zingaro word represent. If he did he wasn't going to sing, that's for sure.

Actually, i don't see why wouldn't Brazzo play for Juve just because the fans call Zlatan a Zingaro. He's earning millions in Juve, that's much more important.
Black guys would never play for Lazio if that's the case and yet Liverani, Mudingayi etc played there. Anti-Fascists would never play for Lazio and yet they do. Players from capitalist countries would never play for Livorno and yet they do.
Full stomach and securing your family is much more important than a pejorative name for you or your people said by a bunch of brainless kids.

Sep 1, 2002
Honestly, how anybody could like Zlatan apart from Inter fans or Sweden fans is just mind-boggling. I mean, the player didn't even have the decency to run back onsides when he played for us... he just walked back like he was the king of the world.

Fuck that player and fuck his mother.
must you try so hard to be daft?

Or is it not too much effort?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No offense to the Swedish fans here, but you guys do look really biased when it comes to your players at times. Not only towards Zlatan, but also players such as Mellberg and Ljungberg, et cetera.

It may be a natural way of thinking, but I don't overrate any of the players from my country.
Dont buy into his retarded bullshit of biasm. What I have against this is he is CALLING zlatan a xenophobic term, not just insult. If people get off insulting Zlatan, ok, call him a camel, a prick, whatever. But ethnic slurrs is not defendable in either way, Zlatan or no Zlatan. And even if they dont mean it seriously, it FEEDS bigotry. Zingaro, cetnik, gypsy, its more "acceptable" to insult gypsies, but it doesnt make it any more right or less xenophobic term.

Its so fucking lame childish argument to say I am against bigotry because he is swedish. It doesnt matter what nationality is Zlatan is, disrespect him however you like, and whatever Inter player, but when it bring in ethnic xenophobic comments, thats when its too much. I mean he is actually defending by saying few juventini say it on the stadio. Well they were FINED for their racist chants, the idiots shamed our club, good fucking argument.

I mean seriously, you wouldnt support monkey chants, or if a muslim player was called terrorist, or arabs like him ragheads blabla. Bigotry in any form despite varying in severity, is not right. Despite the poor lifestyle of gypsies (and however they validate the stereotypes), it doesnt make it any less of bigoted crap to completely demean them and refer to them as subhuman, as it insinuates when they are used as a benchmark insult.

We are seriously defending xenophobia now? Just because it doesnt "relate" to us, or offend us specifically, its allright?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)