Zlatan Ibrahimovic (6 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Zlatan: "Juve? Club Fantastico"

Enough said. And you don't need to translate that one ya mugs ;) . Forza Ibra!

- - - Updated - - -

Stankovic was Inter through and through. How's it the same? Zlatan was young up and coming and had to prove to the world his talents worth. And with rumours of Juve gonna take 6 odd years or so to get back to their current status. No wonder "the young" Zlatan jumped ship.
It's not about jumping from the sinking ship, it is about what a whore of football he is.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
My 2 cents on this whole Ibra situation and how he is being labelled.

I think that a lot of people are using a gift that was not available to us in the summer of 2006.

That gift is hindsight.

Let's look at some things here.

Juventus were stripped of 2 scudetti.
They were demoted to Serie B.
Everyone was basically labelled as a free agent due to the demotion
The Triad was dismantled.
Several players had already left or were getting ready to leave. None of them as young as Zlatan at the time.
Revenue was going to be lost, and who knew how long it would take to recoup it.
The Juventus name might as well have been synonymous with Tuberculosis at the time

With all that being said, did anyone really have any sort of concrete idea back then how long it would take Juventus to get back to Serie A, and be scudetto winners and challenge again for the Champions League?

Nobody knew that for sure. Estimates were all over the place.

If we knew back then what we know NOW, yeah, it could be a different story. However, this guy never said a single bad word against juventus, never promised to stay, and never acted as if his Juventus career never existed (Hello Zambrotta and Thuram)

Yet, for some reason, he gets the most flack out of anyone, when he was a 25 year old rising star at the time. How would he, or anyone else know what the future held in store for the club back then?

If this guy had said a single disparaging remark about Juve after he left, then he would be what Thuram and Zambrotta are to me. He would be dead to me.

Fact is, he didn't, and he is still one of the top 5 strikers in the world.
And that's that, ladies and gentlemen.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Look at it this way. If Zlatan had stayed even up until now as silly as that sounds. Would he have been the player he is today? So he was looking out for his own interest. Don't blame the guy. He was young and still at the time making his mark on the world stage.

Ok he'll stay at Juventus and piiss his career away to suit fans who can turn on you in an instant. He done what ever single one of you guys here would have done if you played for a club you didn't support.

So build yourselves all a bridge. And get over it.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If we knew back then what we know NOW, yeah, it could be a different story. However, this guy never said a single bad word against juventus, never promised to stay, and never acted as if his Juventus career never existed (Hello Zambrotta and Thuram)

Yet, for some reason, he gets the most flack out of anyone, when he was a 25 year old rising star at the time. How would he, or anyone else know what the future held in store for the club back then?

If this guy had said a single disparaging remark about Juve after he left, then he would be what Thuram and Zambrotta are to me. He would be dead to me.

Fact is, he didn't, and he is still one of the top 5 strikers in the world.
Is there a posibility that all this hate can be somehow traced back to the Capello/DelPiero/Zlatan saga? Because from what I remember from that time, you were ether a Del Piero or Zlatan hater/lover, you had to choose sides. All this hate for a player that benched DP for one season(without reason I may add, because Del Piero was performing better from subs then him). Time to let it go I think.

Though I think there is almost absolutely no chance of him coming here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)