zlatan ibrahimovic (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Hehe not quite the best yet, but he certainly has what it takes to become the best player in the world one day. :)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Not likely. Ibrahimovic isn't really a team player. After a while he will get into trouble with teammates or coaches and leave to another club, probably Real Madrid. Don't forget that he's only here because Juventus is a better club then Ajax, he made several comments that he didn't care if it was Milan, Inter or Juve that signed him.

He's not loyal and a trouble maker, he's a great player but he'll never be the world's best.

Islander

May 29, 2005
I think Zlatan's behavioral (not quite sure if that's a real word) are a bit overhyped...
He's been at Juve for a season now, and he hasn't gotten into any trouble to my knowledge. I also can't see how you can fault him for moving to Juve, because he wanted to play at a bigger club and on a bigger stage such as Serie A. Does that really make him any less loyal than your average professional footballer?

Look at Davids, he was a great player for us, but when it came to renewing his contract, he left without a second thought because we didn't want to meet his wage demands. That doesn't negate his years of good service as a world class player, but it shows that his loyalty to us was only attached to how much he earned at the club.

As for the original statement, no i don't think he's the best in the world. Far from it, but if he improves on his weaknesses, focuses on the tasks at hand and plays more for the team, i think he could have a good shot being that one day.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Islander ] ++
I think Zlatan's behavioral (not quite sure if that's a real word) are a bit overhyped...
He's been at Juve for a season now, and he hasn't gotten into any trouble to my knowledge. I also can't see how you can fault him for moving to Juve, because he wanted to play at a bigger club and on a bigger stage such as Serie A. Does that really make him any less loyal than your average professional footballer?

Look at Davids, he was a great player for us, but when it came to renewing his contract, he left without a second thought because we didn't want to meet his wage demands. That doesn't negate his years of good service as a world class player, but it shows that his loyalty to us was only attached to how much he earned at the club.

As for the original statement, no i don't think he's the best in the world. Far from it, but if he improves on his weaknesses, focuses on the tasks at hand and plays more for the team, i think he could have a good shot being that one day.
hm quite true in wad u said, but he has been banned for headbutting Mihajlovic. He also escaped ban when he was caught headbutting in the Udinese + Reggina game

Islander

May 29, 2005
What i meant was being problematic in more of a team spirit context. But yes in retrospect, one can't say he hasn't gotten into any trouble.

There's no doubt that he's a temperamental player, but contrasting him with other players of ability and short tempers such as Cassano and Totti, he still keeps out of trouble a lot more than them.

I mean even Zidane headbutted a player in the CL once, creative players are always susceptible to be targetted for abuse to get them wound up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)