Zlatan bets on Trez partnership (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Zlatan bets on Trez partnership Saturday 8 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled speculation of a split with Alessandro Del Piero by claiming he can’t wait to partner David Trezeguet.

“Trezeguet is one of the best hitmen in the world and we really need him now more than ever,” said the Swedish international. “I don’t know if when he returns we’ll have the best strikeforce, but it’ll certainly be one of the tallest!”

Ibrahimovic has settled in quickly to Serie A, successfully playing alongside both Del Piero and Marcelo Zalayeta, but the captain’s poor form means he could find himself left on the sidelines when Trezeguet recovers from shoulder surgery later this month.

“Alessandro cannot always be at the top of his game,” continued the former Ajax star, “but the team still needs him. Unfortunately, there are three of us fighting for places and one will have to go on the bench.”

Ibrahimovic is celebrating his nomination as ‘Juventus Player of the Month’ following crucial goals, the most recent of which was in the 1-1 draw at Parma.

“I am settling in well and doing my best, but the team is helping me a great deal and I believe I’ll get better with every game. I don’t think we missed an opportunity at the Tardini, as Sebastien Frey performed some wonderful saves and we played well.”

Nonetheless, that result has allowed Milan to close the gap to just two points, so a victory against Livorno on Sunday afternoon is crucial.

“We are still the leaders and two points are not to be sniffed at,” insisted Ibrahimovic. “It looks like a two-horse race right now, but Inter are not out of the running for the Scudetto yet.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
yeah. And the tallest atacking duo for Zambros, Neddys and Camos crosses, passes ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Square, you have a point there. The media are trying to fvck up the relations between the players :(

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
I believe that Del Piero should play as an attacking midfielder rather than striker....... in any case DP - Zlatan up front wont be good because both of them are goal creators and not goal scorers...

difuz

Sep 23, 2004
lol zlatan was asked if he and trezegeut would be the best pair in the world and he answered that he didnt know but they would probably be the tallest.. and now this stupid reporter takes it out of context and makes it a delpiero vs zlatan thing..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can't wait till Trezeguet returns, to see where this partner-ship will goes, either the media are the dumb ones for creating this BS, or Zlatan is being Jurk,

Anyhow cong for the player of month...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
I can't wait till Trezeguet returns, to see where this partner-ship will goes, either the media are the dumb ones for creating this BS, or Zlatan is being Jurk,
It's certianly the former. Do you actually think Zlatan would be trying to attack Del Piero, one of the club's icons? I think that would be a rather stupid decision on his part. I suspect the media just wants to create some sort of controversy out of this, nothing to get alarmed about people.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

It's certianly the former. Do you actually think Zlatan would be trying to attack Del Piero, one of the club's icons? I think that would be a rather stupid decision on his part. I suspect the media just wants to create some sort of controversy out of this, nothing to get alarmed about people.
Hope your right !

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

The media are simply trying to create controversy as you say, but even if Zlatan did start a feud with Del Piero he would easily get away with it, Capello loves him to death.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

The media are simply trying to create controversy as you say, but even if Zlatan did start a feud with Del Piero he would easily get away with it, Capello loves him to death.
I just do not understand why anyone on Juventus would want to start a fued with the Captain of the club. Makes no sense at all.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Did I say it would? I know that it wouldn't be a sensible thing to do, all I'm saying is that Zlatan would get away with it under Capello. Moggi and some other members of the board might mind but Cap certainly wouldn't,

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Zlatan bets on Trez partnership Saturday 8 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled speculation of a split with Alessandro Del Piero by claiming he can’t wait to partner David Trezeguet.
1 look at this sentence, and I know that the media is trying to spice things up to attract readers again! Zlatan likes Juve and respects Del Piero + Juve players, so overall this doesn't make any sense.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Zlatan Himself before Signing with Juve said that he Adores Alessandro Del Piero and he would love playing alongside with him, so i don't know where this BS came out from...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)