Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Free since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021, Zinédine Zidane intends to find a club during the next off-season. The clubs likely to attract him are few. But one in particular has become his priority. An institution he knows well: Juventus.
[Rmc]

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Has the potential of being just as much of a disaster as Max' 2nd stint here. Bloody expensive and still had no opportunity to show that he's more than a glorified caretaker.
Tbf it's not our money so if Elkann wants to throw it around, go for it. I wouldnt be upset about hiring Zidane, but I also wouldn't be penciling in trophies either. Seems very high risk at a time they can't really miss. I'd feel more comfortable with De Zerbi though. No way would he reject Juve and a return to Italy imo.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Tbf it's not our money so if Elkann wants to throw it around, go for it. I wouldnt be upset about hiring Zidane, but I also wouldn't be penciling in trophies either.
:agree:

Seems very high risk at a time they can't really miss.
There is no low risk hire tbh unless you mean by financial commitment. We just need good decision makers running this club. That will be more valuable than any coach hire, player signing imo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Firstly, I don't think we can afford him nor he has any particular interest in joining us.

Secondly, this would be a really risky hire at this point in time. Given our budget and the fact that we are still rebuilding, we would need someone who would make the most of the available resources and develop our young players.

I don't know if Zidane can do that or atleast there's no evidence to prove that. He's just a big name for the fans to get excited about.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Has the potential of being just as much of a disaster as Max' 2nd stint here. Bloody expensive and still had no opportunity to show that he's more than a glorified caretaker.
A glorified caretaker who has won everything both as a player and a coach. He might be a failure, but he's definitely more of a winner than Failegri, and he has that aura, the charm, and the gravitas that Failegri can never possess. If I were a player, especially an attacking one, and you asked me which coach I'd rather work under, it's not even close.

However, as much as I love Zizou, I don't think it's time for him now. We need a De Zerbi or a Tudor first - definitely not Cunte, and we must not stick with Failegri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)