Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Pirlo > Zidane
Iniesta > Zidane
Xavi > Zidane
Tbh you can def make a case that Iniesta/Xavi better. Look what they have won and how they dominated the football last 10 years. They have won like 4CLs. 2euros and wc. Messi didnt help them winning those national team titles. In terms of longevity and consistency they own Zidane. Xavi last game for Barca was CL final so that guy left thebig game on an absolute high.

France 2002 wtf
2004 losing to greece with their star names wtf

Add those fckng lost finals with Juve where he didnt show up.

May 23, 2013
Tbh you can def make a case that Iniesta/Xavi better. Look what they have won and how they dominated the football last 10 years. They have won like 4CLs. 2euros and wc. Messi didnt help them winning those national team titles. In terms of longevity and consistency they own Zidane. Xavi last game for Barca was CL final so that guy left thebig game on an absolute high.

France 2002 wtf

:agree:
Plus what does he have to show for his time as a Galactico? 1 CL title with by far the stacked team in the world. CR7 already has three with his galacticos.

Xavi was the main cog in two of the most dominant teams of all time? Why he is not considered among the greats i do not know.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017

France 2002 wtf

i hate these comparisons...zidane was the most elegant player ever and xavi/iniesta were probably the most successful

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Zidane carried every team he played for. In good and bad times he was THE guy in every way. Xavi and Iniesta never were that guy despite having great career.

It's frankly bizzare to compare them to him individually, they were part of more successful team, that's it.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Oh come on. France 98-00 also had a very good team and zidane was part of that success team. Some people even say Zidane only showed up in the final of 98.

Dont remember anymore how decisive he was in the 2000 final. Wiltord and Trez scored the goals. Zidane didnt even assist i think.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are you old enough to seen whole of Zidanes career? If you were It's baffling to not see the individual superiority to the two Spainards.

He was the best player in France by some margin, just see what he did just before retiring in 2006, bonafide iconic legend.

Xavi was amazing in his prime, but he was the perfect system player, he spent half a decade being inconsistent and mediocre for Barca, he was even close to leaving before their era defining success began.

Zidane never played in that type of collective set up that Barca and Spain had. He was still the main man in every way and deserves all the accolades he got. Individually just another level to most.

Only Barca player I would rate over him is Messi, never Xavi or especially Iniesta (nowhere near Zizou level, come on).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Didnt see 98. I admit that. But ive heard plenty people say Zidane only showed up in the final. Of course that was when it mattered most. But he didnt for us clearly.

06 he played well but you can make the case of inconsistency. 1 league title (5 seasons?) and CL with Real. Compare that to not just the above mentioned. Look how the Messis and Ronaldos dominate the CL now. Dominate in terms of decisiveness.

Did Zida even show up in the 00 final?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Like some said, i think he is the most skilled player i have witnessed. He could do it all offensively... from headrs to free kicks to long shots. His dribbling ability was unreal...and not because circus like trickery like young neymar, or crazy flicks like dinho....he was so elegant, like if he knew what the enemy as going to do and how he needed to react to dribbble him.

His playmaking ability and assisting prowess was also supreme. A true playmaker. His ball controlling and technique were also out of this world. He could control passes from every direction with such ease,,,,

Zidane was simply too much

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Comparing Xavi & Iniesta to Zidane is crazy :lol:

It's pretty much Pele, Maradona and then Zidane.
There's like a hundred players between Zidane and those two (including Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Del Piero etc).

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Comparing Xavi & Iniesta to Zidane is crazy :lol:

It's pretty much Pele, Maradona and then Zidane.
There's like a hundred players between Zidane and those two (including Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Del Piero etc).
Rivaldo didnt do shit in CL. Lucky to won it as Milan bench in 2003. Iniesta and xavi have had bigger longevity apart from DP.
Dinho in prime was great but decline already 2007 age 27. Then left for Milan age 28. Was never the same.

May 23, 2013
What has Zidane done to so often be considered a tier above the likes of Nedved, Del Piero, Romario, or Figo?

Personally I consider them all around the same level along with a few from this gen like Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, and Suarez. However certainly between Maradona and Pele the likes of Messi, Cruyff, Ronaldo, CRonaldo, Platini, Garrincha, Di Stefano, Eusebio, Baggio are above that tier.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014

France 2002 wtf

Tbh Zidane was a cheal buy, probably like Matri 10 million-ish..

And Lippi play him really deep, which limited his attacking capabilities, after game against Inter, he start to look like a real deal.

And when Zidane era 1994 - 2006 he also got a lot of great opposition. Italy, Brazil, & France consistently locked horns on each other..
Dutch & Denmark at 1998
Not to mention Argies also have alot of Star back then. German also not bad with Khan, Stings, Ramelow, etc.

For me 2010 when Spain won WC, was the most boring WC of all time, no real competition whatsoever..

And speaking of longeviety is rather pointless, since medicine, training regime, and health practice is go a long ways since early 2000. Besides Zidane retire at 34, and on WC finals,..

Xavi was amazing in his prime, but he was the perfect system player, he spent half a decade being inconsistent and mediocre for Barca, he was even close to leaving before their era defining success began.

Zidane never played in that type of collective set up that Barca and Spain had. He was still the main man in every way and deserves all the accolades he got. Individually just another level to most.
This..

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What has Zidane done to so often be considered a tier above the likes of Nedved, Del Piero, Romario, or Figo?

Personally I consider them all around the same level along with a few from this gen like Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, and Suarez. However certainly between Maradona and Pele the likes of Messi, Cruyff, Ronaldo, CRonaldo, Platini, Garrincha, Di Stefano, Eusebio, Baggio are above that tier.
I wonder too. He was always second best at Juve (after DP).
Guess his Final goals (both WC and CL) really did it for his legacy. His goal vs Leverkusen still considered the most beautiful in CL history.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Where would you put Lothar Matthäus? Karl Heinz Rummenigge too for that matter. For me they are also among the all time greatest. Both won the ballon d’or, KHR two times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)